Matrix Games Forums

To End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers requiredPandora: Eclipse of Nashira gets release dateCommunity impressions of To End All WarsAgeod's To End All Wars is now availableTo End All Wars is now available!Deal of the Week: Field of GloryTo End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!Ageod's To End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!To End All Wars: Artillery
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Help / Question: Windows 7 Premium vs. Pro / 32 bit vs. 64 bit

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Larry Bond's Harpoon - Ultimate Edition >> Tech Support >> Help / Question: Windows 7 Premium vs. Pro / 32 bit vs. 64 bit Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Help / Question: Windows 7 Premium vs. Pro / 32 bit vs.... - 10/27/2012 7:36:23 PM   
mandraker

I am planning to buy a new computer possibly a Cyberpower ZEUS THUNDER 3000 with AMD Radeon HD 7750 1GB 16X PCIe 3.0 Video Card . And I was wondering if any one could help me picking an operating system that would best be used playing Larry Bond's Harpoon - Ultimate Edition. Here are the options. Thank you in advance.

1. Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Edition

2. Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit Edition

3. Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit Edition

4. Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 32-bit Edition
Post #: 1
RE: Help / Question: Windows 7 Premium vs. Pro / 32 bit... - 10/27/2012 7:46:32 PM   
TonyE

If the only use of the computer is to play Harpoon then the optimal operating system would be Win7 Home 32-bit (heck, even Home Basic would do).

My recommendation is Win 7 Pro 64-bit so that you can make the best use of the computer overall. The Pro version includes a license for Windows XP Mode that will allow you to run the Harpoon Classic Scenario Editor (along with many other applications that won't run in Windows 7 64-bit). You check check out http://harpgamer.com/harpforum/index.php?/files/file/718-docs-scenario-editor-in-windows-xp-mode/ for seeing about getting the HC scenario editor running. The H3 scenario editors will run fine natively in Win7 64-bit (and 32-bit).

Sincerely,
Tony Eischens
Harpoon (HC, HCE, HUCE, Classic) programmer
HarpGamer.com Co-Owner

(in reply to mandraker)
Post #: 2
RE: Help / Question: Windows 7 Premium vs. Pro / 32 bit... - 10/27/2012 7:55:14 PM   
mandraker

Hello Tony

Thank you very much for you quick response nd the thoughtful advise. I greatly appreciate your help. Have a great weekend.

Best regards
Mandraker

(in reply to TonyE)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Larry Bond's Harpoon - Ultimate Edition >> Tech Support >> Help / Question: Windows 7 Premium vs. Pro / 32 bit vs. 64 bit Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI