Asahi: IJA Campaign for Panzer Corps v1.11
This is the first release of a semi-historical campaign covering battles of the IJA 1938-45. It’s been created under PzC 1.11. It is is single-player only, designed and tested esp. for play in the 3rd difficulty level, but of course you can choose whatever you prefer.
v0.8 GME files: http://www.sendspace.com/file/yf2sb9 (ca. 190 MB)
v1.0 Scenario files: http://www.sendspace.com/file/ria9uz (ca. 250 kb)
v1.0 GME files: http://www.sendspace.com/file/03nspf (ca. 11 MB)
Please install all three files above to have the most recent version.
This campaign needs GME. If you never used it, please see here how to download and set it up, this needs to be done first:
Please remember to use the installation guide:
Please follow the instructions there to install the mod including updates. If you still have problems or think the guide should be improved, please post here.
Infos about changes, unit traits, campain path, special features, credits and more are available in the customized in-game library, and I highly recommend to consult it to understand key concepts, fundamental changes etc., etc.. :)
1. This campaign includes a couple of features which are not in the USMC campaign:
- specific land transports required for certain units (like towing heavy arty or AA)
- in-game messages, changing scenario objectives, units can be captured in some scenarios
- features that were not working fully in the USMC mod do now, like awards, random bonus units etc.
2. Terrain and naval warfare rules are taken from USMC. So you have three levels of jungle, capital ships cannot enter shallow sea hexes, and naval firing ranges are increased compared to vanilla.
3. Early on there is not much motorization, but in the first scenarios you can live without it. Some unit entry dates are ahistorical for gameplay reasons. The idea is that you need to distinguish yourself in combat before you get access to better transports or heavier guns. When the campaign progresses, more and more equipment becomes available (roughly) on historical dates.
4. It's worth to study maps in the beginning, think what you need and to be a bit creative with the reserve pool. Early units can be quite vulnerable, but are cheap and get xp quickly.
5. Map design was even more problematic than for USMC. There are probably quite some geographical errors. Feedback and suggestions are welcome of course.
Credits and Thanks:
Specifically for the IJA campaign I want to thank Kerloc for providing several 3d models used to make some types of Japanese artillery, light anti-air and tankette units. Once again VPaulus has done a terrific job in adapting his Real Sound Mod for use with the IJA campaign.
The custom graphics for the 'shallow sea' terrain made by rezaf for the USMC campaign are used here too. I also use the icon for Romanian inf made by Dragos for Dutch inf, since Romanians used those Dutch helmets. The maps for the scenarios at Lake Khasan and Khalkhyn Gol were provided by nikivdd, those for Darwin and Singapore are converted from PG2 maps using Wino's FPGE tool. I think these maps were made originally by William Dickens and Andreas Seidel (if anyone knows better please drop me a note). Thanks everyone!
This mod is more complex than USMC, so there's also more that can go wrong. I tested a lot myself, and found no grave errors, but at some point you need independant feedback. Hope you guys enjoy the mod! :)
< Message edited by orbeb -- 1/19/2013 11:06:07 AM >