Matrix Games Forums

Community impressions of To End All WarsAgeod's To End All Wars is now availableTo End All Wars is now available!Deal of the Week: Field of GloryTo End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!Ageod's To End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!To End All Wars: Artillery Battle Academy 2: Eastern Front - End of Early Access Space Program Manager unveils its multiplayer modes Another update for Commander: The Great War!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Losses @ EOT & AP trick

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Tech Support >> Losses @ EOT & AP trick Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Losses @ EOT & AP trick - 10/27/2012 12:50:19 PM   
rrbill

Have noticed that turn by turn losses do not add up to summed losses, and that Sov losses by turn seem to be erratically reported (more than FOW might imply.)

What's up, a bug or misunderstanding?

When changing HQ assignments, can save some APs by going to OKH 1st, then to desired HQ. Usually saves 2-3 APs. Again, what's up?

(Only play Axis vs. AI.)
Post #: 1
RE: Losses @ EOT & AP trick - 10/27/2012 1:01:32 PM   
Pelton

I beleive these issues have been explianed by 2by3. I even agreed with them, can't remember the answers they gave, sorry.

GHC
22 - 4 - 8

15 games ended in 41 (15-0-0)
7 games ended in 42 (5-0-2)
8 games ended in 43 (2-3-3)
4 games ended in 44 (0-1-3)

General Cheesefinder of WitW

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DiSQ36zfWk

(in reply to rrbill)
Post #: 2
RE: Losses @ EOT & AP trick - 10/27/2012 2:52:47 PM   
pompack

I'm with Pelton here ; I know it's not much help but it is working as designed.

While I really don't remember the details, I believe it has to do with the nature of short-tem losses.

"total" "men" does equal "total" "men killed", "men captured", "men disabled" but the meanings of these terms is not necessarily what you think may think

IIRC, leaving aside prisoners, there are three types of losses:

1. Slightly wounded: Lightly wounded who are held on unit's rolls awaiting recovery; these are NOT reported as losses in the "total" but do show up in "recent battle" and (I think) "current turn" totals. About 80% recover and are returned to combat eventually, decreasing loss totals; about 20% become "disabled" and show up in totals when that status changes

2. Disabled: show up in current and total loss tables but are returned to duty at a rate of about 10% per week. When they return totals are reduced to reflect return to duty

3. Killed: Never return but totals MAY change (I think), see below

A. While my memory here is worse than usual, I seem to remember that some "disabled" may die which reduces the disabled total and adds to the dead total.

Now details here are all from memory, but I am certain that the totals do not track the way you expect because of the way slightly wounded are handled and the way that "disabled" are returned to duty or (perhaps) die

(in reply to Pelton)
Post #: 3
RE: Losses @ EOT & AP trick - 10/27/2012 3:59:39 PM   
gingerbread

Hiwi are extracted from (new) captured every turn, so divide by 0.92 to get real captured number.

(in reply to pompack)
Post #: 4
RE: Losses @ EOT & AP trick - 10/28/2012 2:32:25 PM   
rrbill

Well thanks all for the memory work...

Since I continue to play & enjoy the game, I obviously accept the calcs. Still, its a little hard to read a number under "permanent losses" by turn and not see it add to "permanent losses" cumulative. Must be some sort of captioning, reporting problem that could be better handled.

Still hoping for similar advice on the HQ switching trick that exploits OKH opportunity to conserve APs. I'll have to research the manuals to understand better the rules for assigning costs to HQ changes.

Sometimes this game appears over-designed. Sorry, Gary!

(in reply to gingerbread)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Tech Support >> Losses @ EOT & AP trick Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI