Matrix Games Forums

A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold Ask Buzz Aldrin!Pike & Shot gets Release Date and Twitch Session!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Optimized designs

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Design and Modding >> Optimized designs Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Optimized designs - 10/27/2012 10:59:43 AM   
Shark7

I must not understand this (actually I don't) cause I have yet to figure out exactly what I need to do to get optimized designs into the game and used. Now I've looked through the modding guide and searched the forums and haven't found out what I need to know which is...

Exactly how do I go about getting optimized designs in game?

Surely there is a how to out there and my search just missed it.

I'd really like to help out the AI in the ship design are to give it a difficulty boost.

Distant Worlds Fan

'When in doubt...attack!'
Post #: 1
RE: Optimized designs - 10/27/2012 12:53:39 PM   
Bingeling

Look at the heading "Pre-loaded Optimized Designs " in the latest patch notes.
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3168715

(in reply to Shark7)
Post #: 2
RE: Optimized designs - 10/27/2012 4:05:51 PM   
Shark7

Thanks Bingeling, I knew I had seen it somewhere, but couldn't remember exactly where.

Now a few more questions for those that have used the optimized designs feature:

1. Is it better to make a file with all the designs, or to save each design singly?

2. Do you design for every tech level or would it be better to design for every other tech level? (Seems simple enough to do really, just restart the game with tech at starting, tech level 1, etc etc until you get them all done). I'm just wondering if it is worth it to make that many designs.

3. Does the AI upgrade optimized designs as new tech becomes available?

Distant Worlds Fan

(in reply to Bingeling)
Post #: 3
RE: Optimized designs - 10/28/2012 1:28:13 AM   
tjhkkr

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shark7
Thanks Bingeling, I knew I had seen it somewhere, but couldn't remember exactly where.
Now a few more questions for those that have used the optimized designs feature:

1. Is it better to make a file with all the designs, or to save each design singly?
2. Do you design for every tech level or would it be better to design for every other tech level? (Seems simple enough to do really, just restart the game with tech at starting, tech level 1, etc etc until you get them all done). I'm just wondering if it is worth it to make that many designs.
3. Does the AI upgrade optimized designs as new tech becomes available?

I have only a couple of files.
I have one for the very beginning. I have one for when my ship size finally reaches 400. And then I have one for later.
Mine seems to be able to be upgraded by the automatic...
The only problem is that if you are running borderline in size, sometimes the auto will upgrade past your current limit. My AWACs ship has that problem alot. I will be at 298 or so, and the next upgrade sends the size to 302 and unusuable without modification.

Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.

(in reply to Shark7)
Post #: 4
RE: Optimized designs - 10/28/2012 4:00:09 AM   
Shark7

Sounds like a plan. And I am thinking I really only need to redesign the military ships and maybe a few of the bases (defense, mining, research). No point in doing the civvies really, they can't be much different from what they are.

Distant Worlds Fan

(in reply to tjhkkr)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Design and Modding >> Optimized designs Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI