Matrix Games Forums

To End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers requiredPandora: Eclipse of Nashira gets release dateCommunity impressions of To End All WarsAgeod's To End All Wars is now availableTo End All Wars is now available!Deal of the Week: Field of GloryTo End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!Ageod's To End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!To End All Wars: Artillery
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Problem or a Feature?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Tech Support >> Problem or a Feature? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Problem or a Feature? - 10/25/2012 6:06:28 PM   
tjhkkr

Okay, so I put a base over a colonizeable planet to keep Death Watch Command (Mandalorian bad guys from Clone Wars) from colonizing a planet, or at least alert me that they are taking over.
But when they colonized the planet, they took control of my battlestation?'
Is this suppose to happen?
There was no reports of an attack or boarding action? Especially with 3 of my Destroyers there.

So is this a reportable problem or a feature?

Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.
Post #: 1
RE: Problem or a Feature? - 10/25/2012 9:26:17 PM   
Darkspire

I quite often do a ninja on planets with bases, send in a diversion fleet (ships that have not obeyed my orders get sent to join my diversion fleets as a warning to others ) and while the base is busy attacking my diversion fleet I land troops and take the planet and then the base becomes mine, not sure if it is a bug or feature but I thought it makes sense to gain the base if you capture the planet?

Darkspire

Darkspires's File Repository

Dual Core E4500 2.20GHz - GeForce 8800GT (1gb) - XP 32bit 4gb with a 3gb twist and a shaking of PAE

(in reply to tjhkkr)
Post #: 2
RE: Problem or a Feature? - 10/25/2012 9:54:16 PM   
tjhkkr

Now, I would agree with you on that one.
Where you are planning to fight yes... that makes perfect sense.
I agree with you on the scenario you outlined. That would be a part of the battle.

But where a colony ship simply comes in, it does not.

Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.

(in reply to Darkspire)
Post #: 3
RE: Problem or a Feature? - 10/25/2012 11:03:00 PM   
Darkspire

Are you playing with Legends? If the planet is in one of your influence spheres then its a bug, if its not then maybe its still a bug as your destroyers should have attacked it, hence its a bug as the colony ship is not being recognised as an enemy, you dont mention if your at war with the race, if your not then that could be the reason that the destroyers did not attack. What could also put it in the bug camp is the fact that when you colonise a planet with a base on it the base vanishes, so maybe the program thought that it was just a standard colonise move? Doesnt make sense I know but im just trying to outline all the reasons I can think of.

Darkspire

Darkspires's File Repository

Dual Core E4500 2.20GHz - GeForce 8800GT (1gb) - XP 32bit 4gb with a 3gb twist and a shaking of PAE

(in reply to tjhkkr)
Post #: 4
RE: Problem or a Feature? - 10/26/2012 2:50:02 AM   
Dracus

Your ships will not attack the colony ship unless you are at war with that race. if youa re not, than they can colonize the planet without any issue. You can not use bases/ships to to stop a race from taking a planet unless you have declared war on them. You cna attack the colony ship with a warship manually, but that means watching the planet and manually attacking the ship.

(in reply to Darkspire)
Post #: 5
RE: Problem or a Feature? - 10/26/2012 4:03:35 AM   
tjhkkr

I appreciate all you are saying, but my big question is: colonists taking my base is a problem or a feature. I can see them colonizing, but not taking over a base, especially with 3 destroyers there.
I did not expect to stop them. But I was having real issues with this group and I wanted something parked right there to keep an eye on them, as i could not get there with a colony ship any time soon.

(in reply to Dracus)
Post #: 6
RE: Problem or a Feature? - 10/27/2012 3:15:21 AM   
Dracus

I suppect it is a feature, just like if you take a planet during an invasion you also get the base in orbit around that planet. The base is treated as part of the planet. The only other option would to have the base disapear like mines do. Having the base remain in your control would cuase issues for the AI as they than would not be able to build thier own base. Treat it as if everyone on the base switched sides and joined the other race or in the case of the Dinos, were rounded up and eatten at a planet warming party.

< Message edited by Dracus -- 10/27/2012 3:19:27 AM >

(in reply to tjhkkr)
Post #: 7
RE: Problem or a Feature? - 10/28/2012 1:22:01 AM   
tjhkkr

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dracus
I suppect it is a feature, just like if you take a planet during an invasion you also get the base in orbit around that planet. The base is treated as part of the planet. The only other option would to have the base disapear like mines do. Having the base remain in your control would cuase issues for the AI as they than would not be able to build thier own base. Treat it as if everyone on the base switched sides and joined the other race or in the case of the Dinos, were rounded up and eatten at a planet warming party.

Note to self: do not put base in orbit around planet. Thank you Dracus!

(in reply to Dracus)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Tech Support >> Problem or a Feature? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI