Matrix Games Forums

Pandora: Eclipse of Nashira is now availableDistant Worlds Gets another updateHell is Approaching Deal of the Week Battle Academy Battle Academy 2 Out now!Legions of Steel ready for betaBattle Academy 2 gets trailers and Steam page!Deal of the Week Germany at WarSlitherine Group acquires Shenandoah StudioNew information and screenshots for Pike & Shot
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Babes Website Updates

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Babes Website Updates Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Babes Website Updates - 10/25/2012 1:55:01 PM   
US87891

Taking down the Stock Updates page now that AndyMac has posted the scenarios with the new AI files. The scenarios on the update page are pretty much the same data as what is in AndyMac's but Andy's files are complete with new AI.

Some new scenarios coming. One is a 1942 start, complete with AI. It not quite BigBabes, sort of a cross between BigBabes and BabesLite. So far, so fun.
Post #: 1
RE: Babes Website Updates - 10/25/2012 5:14:09 PM   
oldman45

Please pass on my thanks at the work the babes team is doing.

Regards

Mike

(in reply to US87891)
Post #: 2
RE: Babes Website Updates - 10/25/2012 7:31:14 PM   
US87891

Sure. You bet. There’s this kid from the Nevada desert who is doing wonderful things with data. He’s in J.Nelson’s group doing the Ponape Problem and has impressed everyone with his quiet competence. JWE thinks he’s a real asset and encourages his input.

Speaking of which, Jenny is thinking of doing an AAR of Ponape. It won’t be anything like the regular AARs, but a slice of how a CPX can use the engine.

Why don’t you hook up with JWE? He’s right over the 10, just past P’cola. I think he’s organizing the USN folks out his way into a group, but you got JAX and Mayport, and all… Just a thought.

Send me a "forum unapproved" pm, and I'll shoot you a "cryptic, secret" email of addresses you might want to have to talk to folks worth talking to.

Regards. Matt

"A dangerous song to be singing...for any who are ignorant of its meaning."

< Message edited by US87891 -- 10/25/2012 8:17:48 PM >

(in reply to oldman45)
Post #: 3
RE: Babes Website Updates - 10/25/2012 8:36:36 PM   
SuluSea

Much respect to the group Matt!! I admire people that not only have passion for their work but push the envelope and that is a fitting description of the Dababes team.

”How strangely will the Tools of a Tyrant pervert the plain Meaning of Words!” ~ Samuel Adams

(in reply to US87891)
Post #: 4
RE: Babes Website Updates - 10/26/2012 3:27:50 AM   
DOCUP

I would also like to thank the team for its hard work.

(in reply to SuluSea)
Post #: 5
RE: Babes Website Updates - 10/26/2012 6:34:55 AM   
John 3rd

Ditto. Has anyone heard from JWE?

Member: Reluctant Admiral and Perfect War Mod Team.

Reluctant Admiral Mod:
https://sites.google.com/site/reluctantadmiral/

(in reply to DOCUP)
Post #: 6
RE: Babes Website Updates - 10/26/2012 5:45:47 PM   
US87891

He is a good friend. We touch base now and again. Right now, I think he's in Chile.

It's good to be retired

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 7
RE: Babes Website Updates - 10/26/2012 5:57:05 PM   
LoBaron

quote:

ORIGINAL: US87891
Send me a "forum unapproved" pm, and I'll shoot you a "cryptic, secret" email of addresses you might want to have to talk to folks worth talking to.

This funny.

S**t happens in war.

All hail the superior ones!

(in reply to US87891)
Post #: 8
RE: Babes Website Updates - 10/27/2012 6:30:18 PM   
US87891

quote:

ORIGINAL: LoBaron
quote:

ORIGINAL: US87891

This funny.

Yeah, wierd isn't it? They get all bent out of shape if you post an email address, and then get even worse bent if you say ok, send a pm and I'll send you an email address. Maybe they have issues with email addresses

Anticipated things too quickly. You get pretty jaded after a while, and forget what happens when you turn a youngster loose.

Sam is redoing the whole TO&E for BabesLite to make it up to BigBabes standard. Every OOB unit is in its OOB slot but with a TOE that's at DBB 2012 standards. Right and tight but with the Babes troop-cost vs stacking limits algorithm. He sent a monster spreadsheet that looks really nice! Japan is done. Allies are half done. Thing is, he wants to finish the basis data before finalizing his 1942 scenario.

I've seen his 42 start. It's a compilation of the GC and what JWE wrote for a OP-SF scenario a while back. I'm sure there will be the usual howls of outrage, from the usual suspects, but it looks good so far.

(in reply to LoBaron)
Post #: 9
RE: Babes Website Updates - 10/27/2012 11:57:40 PM   
Mac Linehan

quote:

ORIGINAL: SuluSea

Much respect to the group Matt!! I admire people that not only have passion for their work but push the envelope and that is a fitting description of the Dababes team.

An excellent summation, Sulu. Matt - I have nothing but the deepest respect to the Babes Team. I strongly suspect that there are some very sharp people (who really know their stuff) involved...

Mac

< Message edited by Mac Linehan -- 10/27/2012 11:58:49 PM >

LAV-25 2147

(in reply to SuluSea)
Post #: 10
RE: Babes Website Updates - 10/29/2012 6:51:47 PM   
Gridley380

I've been enjoying Babes greatly and you guys are making it even better! Bravo Zulu!

(in reply to Mac Linehan)
Post #: 11
RE: Babes Website Updates - 10/29/2012 7:27:56 PM   
Sardaukar

Sounds very good! I have always been big DBB advocate.

"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

(in reply to Gridley380)
Post #: 12
RE: Babes Website Updates - 10/30/2012 12:02:56 AM   
US87891

quote:

ORIGINAL: John 3rd
Ditto. Has anyone heard from JWE?

Just did. He's back from Chile and gave me a shout. He just talked on the phone to Historiker, who's hanging out in NC with Mike just now but who's going to wander down Alabama way in a week or so.

I'm sure glad I live in West Texas because that puts me outside the blast radius. I can imagine that those two, together, are Al Gore's worst nightmare. Just don't let John fire up his Harley and schlepp Torsten down to FloraBama. Katrina was bad enough.

Anyhow, expect some whacko, crazy stuff in the near future.

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 13
RE: Babes Website Updates - 11/7/2012 12:58:06 AM   
offenseman

Does anyone have a copy of the Guadalcanal scenario? The site is under construction. A couple of us would like to run through it as a test to see if we want to use DaBabes for our next GC.

Sometimes things said in Nitwit sound very different in English.

(in reply to US87891)
Post #: 14
RE: Babes Website Updates - 11/7/2012 7:48:37 PM   
US87891

quote:

ORIGINAL: offenseman

Does anyone have a copy of the Guadalcanal scenario? The site is under construction. A couple of us would like to run through it as a test to see if we want to use DaBabes for our next GC.

Babes comes in two different flavors: OOB and Device. Just about all the Babes Device modifications have been incorporated into stock. The latest modifications (AA, ASW, etc) haven't been included yet, because there hasn't been a data update for a couple years, but AndyMac's Scen updates have all the Babes data tweaks. If you want a Guad Scen then grab AndyMac's Scen04.

The Guad Scen on the website is a different animal altogether. It is solely for hot-seat or PBEM. Should probably pull that page down, since it is for advanced CPX play and not for normal matrix gamers.

(in reply to offenseman)
Post #: 15
RE: Babes Website Updates - 11/8/2012 2:40:17 AM   
RevRick

Pray tell, where are these located?

"Action springs not from thought, but from a readiness for responsibility.” ― Dietrich Bonhoeffer

(in reply to US87891)
Post #: 16
RE: Babes Website Updates - 11/8/2012 6:32:09 PM   
US87891

quote:

ORIGINAL: RevRick

Pray tell, where are these located?

Hello,

AndyMac's scenarios are up in the Tech Support thread. "Patch 07 unofficial data scen updates". http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3198064

These have all the error corrections that Andy, John, and a host of others, have found, since the last data patch. They also include the Babes tweaks to the Device files to capture the AAA and (minimal) ASW fixes and the modifications to repair the the "super Es". No Babes TOEs or OOBs. It's BabesLite-Lite, but they fight like Babes.

They are still "unofficial", but are the result of developer input. They are "stamped" and can drop into the stock slots and can update as well as any other official data update can. They are just like michaelm's exe betas; they are betas untill matrix decides to release them as part of a comprehensive update.

(in reply to RevRick)
Post #: 17
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Babes Website Updates Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI