Matrix Games Forums

Pandora: Eclipse of Nashira is now availableDistant Worlds Gets another updateHell is Approaching Deal of the Week Battle Academy Battle Academy 2 Out now!Legions of Steel ready for betaBattle Academy 2 gets trailers and Steam page!Deal of the Week Germany at WarSlitherine Group acquires Shenandoah StudioNew information and screenshots for Pike & Shot
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

One minor fustrating thing about AE

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> One minor fustrating thing about AE Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
One minor fustrating thing about AE - 10/25/2012 10:37:50 AM   
Chris H

Garrisons. Not them as such but the inability to breakdown units small enough to man them. There are many 10-20 garrisons scattered aroumd but you're stuck for the most part by having to put 50-60 AV sized units at each.
Post #: 1
RE: One minor fustrating thing about AE - 10/25/2012 11:22:14 AM   
ny59giants

The Philippine Archepelogo has a lot of them. What I do is land an SNLF with an AV around 60 or so. I then use a medium BF (Aviation Support 24) at that base (Cebu is a good choice). Use a 9 plane Chutai of transport planes to fly in 1/2 the LCU. The other 1/2 either stays at this base or is shipped to another.
Rinse and repeat as needed.

(in reply to Chris H)
Post #: 2
RE: One minor fustrating thing about AE - 10/25/2012 1:22:46 PM   
Chris H

quote:

ORIGINAL: ny59giants

The Philippine Archepelogo has a lot of them. What I do is land an SNLF with an AV around 60 or so. I then use a medium BF (Aviation Support 24) at that base (Cebu is a good choice). Use a 9 plane Chutai of transport planes to fly in 1/2 the LCU. The other 1/2 either stays at this base or is shipped to another.
Rinse and repeat as needed.

Good idea, I'll try it.

(in reply to ny59giants)
Post #: 3
RE: One minor fustrating thing about AE - 10/25/2012 2:41:16 PM   
janh

Good idea, indeed. Alternatively use ships with (too) small load spaces, carrying only a fraction of the LCUs. APD are good, for example. They can get the job done fairly fast too.

(in reply to ny59giants)
Post #: 4
RE: One minor fustrating thing about AE - 10/25/2012 3:54:51 PM   
dr.hal

Good points all... from an Allied perspective things are a lot more flexible for the most part. For example in India within the first two months the Allied player gets a LOT of small units that will fit the bill. In China however things are vastly more "difficult" as few units are under 40AV and there is no real way of transporting via sea. However the answer might rest with the air transport, something I never thought about... so thanks guys... good input.

(in reply to janh)
Post #: 5
RE: One minor fustrating thing about AE - 10/25/2012 6:53:30 PM   
geofflambert

I'm not sure about the ship version, it seems like if you try that you end up getting the combat portion loaded, leaving the support troops behind. I only think that because of the way amphibious transports unload (not load). Never paid attention to the loading process before.

(in reply to dr.hal)
Post #: 6
RE: One minor fustrating thing about AE - 10/25/2012 10:25:10 PM   
Chris H

quote:

ORIGINAL: geofflambert

I'm not sure about the ship version, it seems like if you try that you end up getting the combat portion loaded, leaving the support troops behind. I only think that because of the way amphibious transports unload (not load). Never paid attention to the loading process before.

I don't think ship transport will work for this reason. Air transport does, been transporting a NG unit using a 9 a/c for the past two turns, so far I've got 4AV at the destination but just as important all transportable elements seem to have been transported in the same preportions.

(in reply to geofflambert)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> One minor fustrating thing about AE Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI