Pompey v Caesar Questions

Alea Jacta Est is a series of Ancient Strategy Games using the renowned and proven AGE engine. The first in the series is Alea Jacta Est, which features the Roman Civil Wars. Other games in the series are Birth of Rome and Parthian Wars. The latest entry, Hannibal: Terror of Rome, highlights the Second Punic War.
SteveD64

Pompey v Caesar Questions

Post by SteveD64 »

1). I've been starting and restarting this scenario as I learn the game, playing as Pompey. The first couple of turns are scripted- Pompey heads over to Greece then decides to go east or west. The player doesn't have to move him, he just teleports. Question: is the fall of Syracuse also scripted? I had a nice size garrison that was attacked and the result was Stalemate. The next turn Syracuse fell without a fight. Did the AI play Treachery or will Syracuse fall regardless of what Pompey does?

2). When you buy propaganda when does it take effect? Immediately or sometime in the future?

I am enjoying this game a lot so far. [:)]
BohémondAJE

RE: Pompey v Caesar Questions

Post by BohémondAJE »

ORIGINAL: CLEVELAND

1). I've been starting and restarting this scenario as I learn the game, playing as Pompey. The first couple of turns are scripted- Pompey heads over to Greece then decides to go east or west. The player doesn't have to move him, he just teleports. Question: is the fall of Syracuse also scripted? I had a nice size garrison that was attacked and the result was Stalemate. The next turn Syracuse fell without a fight. Did the AI play Treachery or will Syracuse fall regardless of what Pompey does?

2). When you buy propaganda when does it take effect? Immediately or sometime in the future?

I am enjoying this game a lot so far. [:)]

Sorry for the delay, I miss your post.

Point 1 ;

Fall of Sicilia is a scripted Event under condiitons of units (Pompey and Casear sides) in Sicilia.

Point 2

Propaganda take effect after turn processing.

Regards

Return to “Alea Jacta Est Series”