Arriving UK divisions

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers.

Moderators: wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

wga8888

Arriving UK divisions

Post by wga8888 »

In the early months, should the arriving UK divisions go to garrisonning Ceylon or to the front? Pros and Cons of each.
Bill Thomson
wga8888@icloud.com
Discord: wga8888 #7339
817-501-2978 CST [-6 GMT]
Capt

RE: Arriving UK divisions

Post by Capt »

If you are playing against an aggressive experienced human then you MUST defend Karachi. Japan can knock India out of the game.

Any troops sent to Ceylon, Burma, South India will just be out of position and lost.

Playing the AI? It doesn't matter.
"Hit first ! Hit hard ! Keep on hitting ! ! (The 3 H's)"

Jacky Fisher
dr.hal

Post by dr.hal »

the positioning of troops depends upon the threat. If there is no emerging threat to Sri Lanka then I would not build there but in Rangoon.... I've never had Karachi threatened but then again that might be a result of my opponents who have never done so (But then again Capt might just be pulling your leg!). But I've never lost Rangoon either!
tankboy

Post by tankboy »

UK Divisions need to stay back and defend Karachi/Ahmadabad. If you don't have a HR that constrains the Japanese with garrison requirements in PI, DEI/SRA, or Malaya, they can show up in India with the bulk of the Japanese Army and it is game over in '42. Evacuate as many cadres from Malaya using subs as you can and sprinkle them around India to rebuild and slow the Japanese. By the time he hits Ahmadabad you have it built to a level 9 fortress defended with as many troops as you can muster and he is stymied. With any luck you prevent him from winning in '42. Focus on holding Chungking and don't let him sneak into Noumea and you may prevent a loss in '42 by the hair of your chinny chin chin. A really aggressive Japanese opponent can be a bear but he can't be strong everywhere.
wga8888

Post by wga8888 »

thanks. I still play the DOS Pacific war in in most recent game with an agressiver IJN opponent he took Calcutta and adjacent port, Broome, Darwin, Cairnes, Port Moreseby, Noumea, Johnston Island Palymia, and Midway. Has since lost the outer ones but just recently barely failed to take New Zealand. China is now almost full defeated, battle rages in townsville for a year now, I just took Wake in Sep-43 but Marshalls invasion has failed twice.

All to say an agressive IJN in a game starting in 1941 must be defended against with caution. My WITP is an unknown quantity. I am in Dallas, he is in France.
Bill Thomson
wga8888@icloud.com
Discord: wga8888 #7339
817-501-2978 CST [-6 GMT]

Return to “The War Room”