Matrix Games Forums

War in the West gets its first update!Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm version 2.08 is now available!Command gets huge update!Order of Battle: Pacific Featured on Weekly Streaming SessionA new fight for Battle Academy!Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager is out for Mac!The definitive wargame of the Western Front is out now! War in the West gets teaser trailer and Twitch Stream!New Preview AAR for War in the West!War in the West Manual preview
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

How I Tried to Bomb Iran Into the Stone Age, Part I

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> How I Tried to Bomb Iran Into the Stone Age, Part I Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How I Tried to Bomb Iran Into the Stone Age, Part I - 10/19/2012 3:00:19 PM   
DicedT

http://www.forbes.com/sites/michaelpeck/2012/10/19/how-i-tried-to-bomb-iran-into-the-stone-age-part-i/
Post #: 1
RE: How I Tried to Bomb Iran Into the Stone Age, Part I - 10/19/2012 7:29:25 PM   
Missouri_Rebel

Is there an option to drop a few nuke warheads? Turn the place into a glass parking lot?

**Those who rob Peter to pay Paul can always count on the support of Paul
**A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have-Gerald Ford

(in reply to DicedT)
Post #: 2
RE: How I Tried to Bomb Iran Into the Stone Age, Part I - 10/19/2012 7:33:12 PM   
Jeffrey H.

Cool, let's give it a try !

History began July 4th, 1776. Anything before that was a mistake.

Ron Swanson

(in reply to DicedT)
Post #: 3
RE: How I Tried to Bomb Iran Into the Stone Age, Part I - 10/19/2012 7:43:55 PM   
Jeffrey H.

Well that's stupid, it's far too limited to be of any significant value. I wanted to let Iran do whatever the hell it wants to but the game assumes you are committed into some attack right from the start. Dumb !

Ron Swanson

(in reply to Jeffrey H.)
Post #: 4
RE: How I Tried to Bomb Iran Into the Stone Age, Part I - 10/19/2012 11:03:41 PM   
Lützow

I'd like to see some operational/tactical level sim about a possible NATO vs Iran conflict. Like a conversion of WITP, where you have the entire Western forces at your disposal, or another spin-off of Eagle Dynamics DCS series.

Unfortunately game developers shy away from depicting modern conflicts.

< Message edited by Lützow -- 10/19/2012 11:04:45 PM >

(in reply to Jeffrey H.)
Post #: 5
RE: How I Tried to Bomb Iran Into the Stone Age, Part I - 10/20/2012 1:19:04 PM   
parusski

How can you bomb a country into the stone age that is already there???

"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman

(in reply to Lützow)
Post #: 6
RE: How I Tried to Bomb Iran Into the Stone Age, Part I - 10/23/2012 6:00:48 PM   
TulliusDetritus

This is a mega conspiracy

So far I managed to stay away from this Facebook thing from hell. And I planned to follow this sound strategy until the Judgement Day...

Now I'd like to have some fun but to play I have to register via facebook! What the...?

Technically they are in the Middle Ages (if that's what you tried to say, Parusski). Stone Age: Paleolithic. The agriculture, writing, they already know all that stuff

Russian Kung Fu Masters. Hurraaaa!!!

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 7
RE: How I Tried to Bomb Iran Into the Stone Age, Part I - 10/23/2012 7:48:22 PM   
parusski

quote:

ORIGINAL: TulliusDetritus

So far I managed to stay away from this Facebook thing from hell. And I planned to follow this sound strategy until the Judgement Day...

Now I'd like to have some fun but to play I have to register via facebook! What the...?

Technically they are in the Middle Ages (if that's what you tried to say, Parusski). Stone Age: Paleolithic. The agriculture, writing, they already know all that stuff

Exactly, I just thought everyone but YOU would understand the difference.

"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman

(in reply to TulliusDetritus)
Post #: 8
RE: How I Tried to Bomb Iran Into the Stone Age, Part I - 10/23/2012 10:06:46 PM   
TulliusDetritus

quote:

ORIGINAL: parusski

quote:

ORIGINAL: TulliusDetritus

Exactly, I just thought everyone but YOU would understand the difference.

I just thought you knew the difference between the paleolithic and everyting else. Looks like you don't ho ho ho

Russian Kung Fu Masters. Hurraaaa!!!

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 9
RE: How I Tried to Bomb Iran Into the Stone Age, Part I - 10/24/2012 6:48:32 AM   
flanyboy

This reminds me a lot of an amazing Vietnam war simulation called Escalation. Except this new one has half the depth, length, and choices. The Escalation game was made for schools. It was really a gem.

Escalation

(in reply to TulliusDetritus)
Post #: 10
RE: How I Tried to Bomb Iran Into the Stone Age, Part I - 10/24/2012 7:51:49 PM   
Jeffrey H.

Yes, this is one very narrow bit of propogada, not a game at all.

Ron Swanson

(in reply to flanyboy)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> How I Tried to Bomb Iran Into the Stone Age, Part I Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI