Matrix Games Forums

Pandora: Eclipse of Nashira is now availableDistant Worlds Gets another updateHell is Approaching Deal of the Week Battle Academy Battle Academy 2 Out now!Legions of Steel ready for betaBattle Academy 2 gets trailers and Steam page!Deal of the Week Germany at WarSlitherine Group acquires Shenandoah StudioNew information and screenshots for Pike & Shot
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

How I Tried to Bomb Iran Into the Stone Age, Part I

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> How I Tried to Bomb Iran Into the Stone Age, Part I Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How I Tried to Bomb Iran Into the Stone Age, Part I - 10/19/2012 3:00:19 PM   
DicedT

http://www.forbes.com/sites/michaelpeck/2012/10/19/how-i-tried-to-bomb-iran-into-the-stone-age-part-i/
Post #: 1
RE: How I Tried to Bomb Iran Into the Stone Age, Part I - 10/19/2012 7:29:25 PM   
Missouri_Rebel

Is there an option to drop a few nuke warheads? Turn the place into a glass parking lot?

**Those who rob Peter to pay Paul can always count on the support of Paul
**A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have-Gerald Ford

(in reply to DicedT)
Post #: 2
RE: How I Tried to Bomb Iran Into the Stone Age, Part I - 10/19/2012 7:33:12 PM   
Jeffrey H.

Cool, let's give it a try !

History began July 4th, 1776. Anything before that was a mistake.

Ron Swanson

(in reply to DicedT)
Post #: 3
RE: How I Tried to Bomb Iran Into the Stone Age, Part I - 10/19/2012 7:43:55 PM   
Jeffrey H.

Well that's stupid, it's far too limited to be of any significant value. I wanted to let Iran do whatever the hell it wants to but the game assumes you are committed into some attack right from the start. Dumb !

Ron Swanson

(in reply to Jeffrey H.)
Post #: 4
RE: How I Tried to Bomb Iran Into the Stone Age, Part I - 10/19/2012 11:03:41 PM   
Lützow

I'd like to see some operational/tactical level sim about a possible NATO vs Iran conflict. Like a conversion of WITP, where you have the entire Western forces at your disposal, or another spin-off of Eagle Dynamics DCS series.

Unfortunately game developers shy away from depicting modern conflicts.

< Message edited by Lützow -- 10/19/2012 11:04:45 PM >

(in reply to Jeffrey H.)
Post #: 5
RE: How I Tried to Bomb Iran Into the Stone Age, Part I - 10/20/2012 1:19:04 PM   
parusski

How can you bomb a country into the stone age that is already there???

"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman

(in reply to Lützow)
Post #: 6
RE: How I Tried to Bomb Iran Into the Stone Age, Part I - 10/23/2012 6:00:48 PM   
TulliusDetritus

This is a mega conspiracy

So far I managed to stay away from this Facebook thing from hell. And I planned to follow this sound strategy until the Judgement Day...

Now I'd like to have some fun but to play I have to register via facebook! What the...?

Technically they are in the Middle Ages (if that's what you tried to say, Parusski). Stone Age: Paleolithic. The agriculture, writing, they already know all that stuff

"Hang on, is that it...? Are we on the ring...?? Ready???" -- Nürburgring Seven Second Ring King

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 7
RE: How I Tried to Bomb Iran Into the Stone Age, Part I - 10/23/2012 7:48:22 PM   
parusski

quote:

ORIGINAL: TulliusDetritus

So far I managed to stay away from this Facebook thing from hell. And I planned to follow this sound strategy until the Judgement Day...

Now I'd like to have some fun but to play I have to register via facebook! What the...?

Technically they are in the Middle Ages (if that's what you tried to say, Parusski). Stone Age: Paleolithic. The agriculture, writing, they already know all that stuff

Exactly, I just thought everyone but YOU would understand the difference.

"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman

(in reply to TulliusDetritus)
Post #: 8
RE: How I Tried to Bomb Iran Into the Stone Age, Part I - 10/23/2012 10:06:46 PM   
TulliusDetritus

quote:

ORIGINAL: parusski

quote:

ORIGINAL: TulliusDetritus

Exactly, I just thought everyone but YOU would understand the difference.

I just thought you knew the difference between the paleolithic and everyting else. Looks like you don't ho ho ho

"Hang on, is that it...? Are we on the ring...?? Ready???" -- Nürburgring Seven Second Ring King

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 9
RE: How I Tried to Bomb Iran Into the Stone Age, Part I - 10/24/2012 6:48:32 AM   
flanyboy

This reminds me a lot of an amazing Vietnam war simulation called Escalation. Except this new one has half the depth, length, and choices. The Escalation game was made for schools. It was really a gem.

Escalation

(in reply to TulliusDetritus)
Post #: 10
RE: How I Tried to Bomb Iran Into the Stone Age, Part I - 10/24/2012 7:51:49 PM   
Jeffrey H.

Yes, this is one very narrow bit of propogada, not a game at all.

Ron Swanson

(in reply to flanyboy)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> How I Tried to Bomb Iran Into the Stone Age, Part I Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI