Matrix Games Forums

Pandora: Eclipse of Nashira is now availableDistant Worlds Gets another updateHell is Approaching Deal of the Week Battle Academy Battle Academy 2 Out now!Legions of Steel ready for betaBattle Academy 2 gets trailers and Steam page!Deal of the Week Germany at WarSlitherine Group acquires Shenandoah StudioNew information and screenshots for Pike & Shot
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

CV Victorious options

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> CV Victorious options Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
CV Victorious options - 10/19/2012 7:06:56 AM   
jmalter

it's currently 43/10/01, she needs to withdraw by 43/10/15 & is scheduled to return on 44/06/12. having been kinda busy, she's not had a chance to perform her 3/43 upgrade (75 days at a size-15 yard).

a) if i withdraw her w/ upgrade ON, will that add 75 days to her expected date of return, or will the upgrade be performed during her withdrawal, or will she automatically go into upgrade when she returns?

b) where will she return? i'm assuming Aden, but that's just a guess. currently she's just offshore of Sydney, i want her pilots to train for 12 more days before i withdraw her. or if i withdraw her now, will the possible 75-day upgrade delay be pro-rated for the # of days in advance of her scheduled withdrawal date?

c) i don't need her planes, but i def'nitely need her trained pilots. also i'd like to xfer her sqns to Sydney, for use as training sqns. but if i withdraw her w/o any sqns, presumably she'll return empty? if i fly off the 1x15-plane TB sqn & the 3x6-plane F sqns to Sydney, i could glom all her trained pilots into the Reserve pool & have 8 months to train up replacement Brit pilots. but if i do this, returning Victorious will be useless until i can bring her to an on-map port & mate her up w/ carrier-trained sqns at, say, Columbo.

hey i like to muse about these aspects of the game, & would appreciate any advice you folks can give me.
Post #: 1
RE: CV Victorious options - 10/19/2012 7:14:37 AM   
Alfred

Read my post #1034 in this thread (Canoerebel's AAR)

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3077611&mpage=35&key=ship%2Cwithdrawal�

Alfred

(in reply to jmalter)
Post #: 2
RE: CV Victorious options - 10/23/2012 5:03:36 AM   
jmalter

thanks Alfred.

after reading your post, i decided to off-load her airgroups to Sydney, then withdrew her w/ upgrade OFF, since i didn't know where she'd re-appear, figgerin' that wherever she showed up, i'd set her to upgrade there & create an AirTransportTF at Sydney to ship her groups to that port.

anyhow after executing a 2-day turn & checking the ship availability screen, i find that CV Victorious will front up in Sydney on 13 June 44, that's great b/c her airgroups will be there already & they won't lose any training-time to mate up.

when she arrives, i'll decide whether or no to give her the 1000-pt AA 75-day upgrade, might not be necessary b/c she's already at AA=2000.

< Message edited by jmalter -- 10/23/2012 5:04:31 AM >

(in reply to Alfred)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> CV Victorious options Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI