Matrix Games Forums

Pandora: Eclipse of Nashira is now availableDistant Worlds Gets another updateHell is Approaching Deal of the Week Battle Academy Battle Academy 2 Out now!Legions of Steel ready for betaBattle Academy 2 gets trailers and Steam page!Deal of the Week Germany at WarSlitherine Group acquires Shenandoah StudioNew information and screenshots for Pike & Shot
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Auto Sub Operations: toggle during PBEM game?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Auto Sub Operations: toggle during PBEM game? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Auto Sub Operations: toggle during PBEM game? - 10/19/2012 1:11:13 AM   
abulbulian

Is there a way to toggle 'Automatic Sub Operations' once a PBEM game gets going? It's currently 'ON' and I can't figured out a way to turn if 'OFF' for player(s)? In the preferences section of a game turn it's grayed out and is not changeable.

- Beta Tester WitE and ATG
- Alpha Tester WitW

"Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack." - Sun Tzu
Post #: 1
RE: Auto Sub Operations: toggle during PBEM game? - 10/19/2012 1:38:12 AM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: abulbulian

Is there a way to toggle 'Automatic Sub Operations' once a PBEM game gets going? It's currently 'ON' and I can't figured out a way to turn if 'OFF' for player(s)? In the preferences section of a game turn it's grayed out and is not changeable.

Not changeable except by manually changing each SS to human but then iirc they revert back to computer control after disbanding in port.

-Damian-
EconDoc
TrackerAE
Tutes&Java

(in reply to abulbulian)
Post #: 2
RE: Auto Sub Operations: toggle during PBEM game? - 10/19/2012 1:46:29 AM   
bwheatley

quote:

ORIGINAL: n01487477

quote:

Not changeable except by manually changing each SS to human but then iirc they revert back to computer control after disbanding in port.

Yea that is an annoying oversite lol.

-Alpha Tester Carrier Force
-Beta Tester ATG
-Beta Tester WITE
-Alpha Tester WITW
-Alpha Tester Wif
-Beta Tester Command

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 3
RE: Auto Sub Operations: toggle during PBEM game? - 10/19/2012 10:19:26 AM   
Empire101

quote:

ORIGINAL: n01487477

quote:

Yep it really is irritating. I got the Sub Ops switch mixed up in my head in my latest AAR against Dirty Harry, and had somehow got it into my head that I was switching 'on' sub ops for players to control

Oh well, you live and learn. It just means I have to periodically check up on subs returned to port for repair and read my ops report carefully.

Our lives may be more boring than those who lived in apocalyptic times,
but being bored is greatly preferable to being prematurely dead because of some ideological fantasy.
- Michael Burleigh

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 4
RE: Auto Sub Operations: toggle during PBEM game? - 10/19/2012 6:18:16 PM   
aphrochine

Turn off display of Human Controlled TFs. Then browse the map and give them subs manual orders.

Yes, it is annoying.

VMF-422 fanboy
Grog Virgin fanboy

(in reply to Empire101)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Auto Sub Operations: toggle during PBEM game? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI