Matrix Games Forums

A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold Ask Buzz Aldrin!Pike & Shot gets Release Date and Twitch Session!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

conquest of india in historical scenario

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> conquest of india in historical scenario Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
conquest of india in historical scenario - 10/18/2012 5:05:20 PM   
qwetry

is it possible? or are bonus 4 LCUs of scen 2 necessary?

Post #: 1
RE: conquest of india in historical scenario - 10/18/2012 9:22:05 PM   
CV 2

Possible? Sure, anything is possible. Esp against the AI...

(in reply to qwetry)
Post #: 2
RE: conquest of india in historical scenario - 10/18/2012 10:00:38 PM   
Gary D

The number of variable factors at play in India make it difficult to forecast how it plays out.

Where did the 18th British Division go from Capetown? Where are the two very good Australian Divisions at that come in at Aden?

Did the Allied Player get beat up in Burma or did he get the 1st Burma Division and the 17th Indian out in good shape.

Did the Allied Player get any Chinese units into India?

All the possibilities in India are a lot of fun and one of the things that seem to make it a popular place to do battle in AE.

(in reply to CV 2)
Post #: 3
RE: conquest of india in historical scenario - 10/18/2012 10:53:58 PM   
Crackaces

quote:

All the possibilities in India are a lot of fun and one of the things that seem to make it a popular place to do battle in AE.

I would agree with you. One bad thing is that an intense Burma campaign in scenario #1 ended my first PBEM game, and I think it is going to end my second PBEM game. The IJ opponets just could not believe the destruction one can do by rerouting the 18th British Division and Aussie refs to India, along with buying out some key Indian armor units. Rather than as the subject suggests can India be taken? ... the other question comes into focus .. how long can the IJ hold Burma if the Allies determine to take Rangoon in scenario one?

One thing that happend in both of my PBEM games. The IJ diverted forces that could have been used to secure Burma, to take Darwin with very bad results. Worse, what forces that were committed to Burma split off from advancing on India to invade Southern China. In both games the Aussie reinforcements, 18 Div, and Armor jumped into Burma from Kaylemo and cutoff the IJ from supplies, and took the Irrawaddy Valley in a bliztkrieg.

There are a couple of game mechanics that make Burma an absoute critical place for the IJ to hold. If the IJ divert attention elsewhere in scenario #1 and Rangoon is taken in mid 42 .. it is quite possible to use paratroopers to take bases in Thailand. Then once Bangkok/Ayutthaya falls forces can rail rather than march there way across Thailand. The speed of this blitzkreig maneuver is mind numbing, and exposes weakness in game mechanics. Thus without home rules .. it is imparitive IMHO in scenario #1 for the IJ to invest in Burma, and at least theaten India.

< Message edited by Crackaces -- 10/18/2012 10:55:18 PM >

Patients and providers of healthcare win with interprofessional practice http://ipep.arizona.edu/blog

(in reply to Gary D)
Post #: 4
RE: conquest of india in historical scenario - 10/18/2012 11:59:23 PM   
PaxMondo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Crackaces

... it is imparitive IMHO in scenario #1 for the IJ to invest in Burma, and at least theaten India.

Personally, I feel in all scenarios this to be true ...

Pax

(in reply to Crackaces)
Post #: 5
RE: conquest of india in historical scenario - 10/19/2012 3:34:01 PM   
Crackaces

quote:

ORIGINAL: PaxMondo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Crackaces

... it is imparitive IMHO in scenario #1 for the IJ to invest in Burma, and at least theaten India.

Personally, I feel in all scenarios this to be true ...

I am focused on scenario #1 where the IJ have less free divisions and have to make decisions. The decision to invest in attacking PM as an example rather than threaten India is what I was eluding to .... however, the IJ can invest in Burma and then decide to go northward rather than take 3 very key Indian border bases .. I think this decision ends in disaster too with the right Allied strategy .... I am 2 for 2 In these two scenrario the IJ invested enough forces to "secure" Burma but then decided to attack PM before threatening India. Add on to that moving armored units toward China ... and it was a piece of cake to find a crossing point into the Irrawaddy Valley. But, if the battles are taking place on the Indian border . then it is much harder to surround the IJ forces .. So I believe in scenario #1 simply investing 5 divisions as an example will not do the trick .. the IJ have to take the fight into the Indian Border

In the other scenrarios there is so much IJ stuff that the decision is much much easier to make .

Patients and providers of healthcare win with interprofessional practice http://ipep.arizona.edu/blog

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> conquest of india in historical scenario Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI