Matrix Games Forums

To End All Wars: Mountain InfantryPandora: Eclipse of Nashira Announced! Deal of the Week: Command Ops goes half price!New Fronts are opening up for Commander: The Great WarCharacters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great War
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

card question

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue >> card question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
card question - 10/18/2012 7:26:45 AM   
cato12

in the pp tooltip it says that pp's are used to play regime cards but i dont see any deduction when i play tactical or strategic cards.

shouldnt there be some kind of cost or limit when playing cards?
Post #: 1
RE: card question - 10/18/2012 1:26:04 PM   
James Ward

There is a number in the middle of each card. That is the PP cost to play it.

If it says FREE then you don't pay for it. I think reinforcement units are the only FREE cards.

(in reply to cato12)
Post #: 2
RE: card question - 10/18/2012 10:01:04 PM   
cato12

thats the bit i dont get though. when i play regime cards my pp level doesnt drop from 25?

(in reply to James Ward)
Post #: 3
RE: card question - 10/18/2012 10:24:09 PM   
LiquidSky

Some of the cards are free, and some are not....which cards are you playing? All of them? Just the free ones? Any with a number in the middle denoting cost?

Ahh....

You do know that there is a difference between political points and prestige? The first number on the top left toolbar is political points. The number to the right of it is Prestige. You spend the number on the left on cards. The Prestige is used to generate the political points.

What's the sense of sending $2 million missiles to hit a $10 tent that's empty?

— President George W. Bush, Oval Office meeting, 13 September 2001.

(in reply to cato12)
Post #: 4
RE: card question - 10/19/2012 8:32:42 AM   
cato12

ok tested again this turn and same result. political point 25 prestige 10. i played a card that should cost 12 and clicked end turn.

pp and prestige didnt change. is it only the larger scenarios that cost points?

ps,

just started the panzer army linked campaign. i have 12 political points and with one general im unable to play a tank card which is 14 points, fair enough.

yet another general is able to play the same card?

have to say i like the idea of having to make tough choices bout when to play a card. not to keen on being able to play cards every turn as in the larger scenarios this would get very laborious.

< Message edited by cato12 -- 10/19/2012 9:23:13 AM >

(in reply to LiquidSky)
Post #: 5
RE: card question - 10/19/2012 9:29:58 AM   
Bonners

Apologies if I'm misunderstanding anything, but things like the tank card are not linked to prestige and political points. They are played by the individual general who accumulates a number of his own points per turn (varies from 1 up to 4 for Manstein). I cant for the life of me remember what these points are called (command points???), but you can see how many each general has when you look at the information on that unit. these are totally separate from the regime cards which use the political points.

In your example of the Panzer Army campaign if it costs a general 14 points he will probably accumulate the points on the next turn to be able to play the cars. I think the cost is related to how good the general and his staff are.

EDIT: see section 9 in the game manual, it explains about the command points for generals and how different stats of the generals affect their command points effectiveness.

< Message edited by Bonners -- 10/19/2012 9:36:28 AM >

(in reply to cato12)
Post #: 6
RE: card question - 10/19/2012 9:36:01 AM   
cato12

ah i wasnt aware of that.

cheers!

(in reply to Bonners)
Post #: 7
RE: card question - 10/19/2012 9:41:32 AM   
Bonners

No worries, takes some time to get your head around the various features, these are what I am referring to:

Attachment (1)

(in reply to cato12)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue >> card question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI