Matrix Games Forums

War in the West Manual previewThe fight for Armageddon begins! The Matrix Holiday sales are starting today! Warhammer - Weapons of WarFlashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm gets huge update and a Steam release!Battle Academy 2 opens up a new front!Flashpoint Campaigns Featured on weekly Streaming SessionFrontline: The Longest Day - New Screenshots!Deal of the Week: Hannibal Rome and CarthageFlashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm gets Players Edition!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

airgroup won't resupply

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> airgroup won't resupply Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
airgroup won't resupply - 10/17/2012 8:42:17 PM   
visigoth

Cv yorktown back from battle and after being repair at Pearl harbour , my wildcat
fighters are still sitting at 7 and haven't been reinforced but do have alot of pilots
(35) What am I doing wrong and how do you play around with production ?

thanks for all you help
Post #: 1
RE: airgroup won't resupply - 10/17/2012 8:49:31 PM   
Empire101

Check first that you have Wildcats sitting in your pool ready for use.

Make sure the unit is set to receive replacements.
The unit should then fill out.

I think that covers all the bases

Our lives may be more boring than those who lived in apocalyptic times,
but being bored is greatly preferable to being prematurely dead because of some ideological fantasy.
- Michael Burleigh

(in reply to visigoth)
Post #: 2
RE: airgroup won't resupply - 10/17/2012 9:18:18 PM   
dr.hal

It will not happen all at once, so give it some time to allow the replacement A/C to come to the ship.

(in reply to Empire101)
Post #: 3
RE: airgroup won't resupply - 10/18/2012 7:31:29 AM   
Chris H

quote:

ORIGINAL: visigoth

Cv yorktown back from battle and after being repair at Pearl harbour , my wildcat
fighters are still sitting at 7 and haven't been reinforced but do have alot of pilots
(35) What am I doing wrong and how do you play around with production ?

thanks for all you help

Air groups will only accept a max of 12 replacements in a 7 day period however if the group gets any replacements then it cannot draw anymore for 7 days. Assuming auto replacements is on, which it sound as if it is, and the pool of Wildcats was only 4 a/c then Yorktown would immediately draw those 4 a/c as she pulled in. You will not be able to get any more a/c for 7 days. If you leave auto replacement on and other CVs also need 'Cats there's no guarantee that Yorktown will receive 12 after 7 days either even if you had 12 in the pool. Auto replacements is fine when you have a lots of aircraft in the pool but my advise is to turn it off for for all a/c you are short of. Pilots are not affected by this, but the unit in training and set to max.

You have little control over Allied a/c production. Those a/c that are produced in on-map factories can be upgraded, repaired of halted. You cannot change the number of a/c produced.

< Message edited by Chris H -- 10/18/2012 1:31:49 PM >

(in reply to visigoth)
Post #: 4
RE: airgroup won't resupply - 10/18/2012 10:45:54 AM   
LoBaron

Also check if Yorktown is docked. Otherwise you do not receive planes.

S**t happens in war.

All hail the superior ones!

(in reply to visigoth)
Post #: 5
RE: airgroup won't resupply - 10/19/2012 7:47:11 AM   
jmalter

i always play w/ plane replacements/upgrades OFF, so i can control the flow of aircraft. as Allied player, you have v. limited control over production, but you can manage where the produced planes go.

if Yorktown's aggregate damage is > 50%, she can't conduct air ops, this may extend to replacements. access her airgroups from the base-hex 'show ships under repair' screen, you may be able to xfer them to the land-base at Pearl, where they'll be able to accept replacements and perform missions, if new planes & adequate supply are available. when
Yorktown is repaired, use 'transfer to ship' to fly her air-groups back onboard.

it helps to keep a side-record of which sqns belong to which ships, esp. when ships go in for lengthy upgrades/repairs. their pilots won't train while they're in the yards, xfer them to the land-base & train them!

(in reply to LoBaron)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> airgroup won't resupply Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI