Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week Battle Academy Battle Academy 2 Out now!Legions of Steel ready for betaBattle Academy 2 gets trailers and Steam page!Deal of the Week Germany at WarSlitherine Group acquires Shenandoah StudioNew information and screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Pride of NationsTo End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers required
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Gorn Yesterday DBB C me vs wyrmm

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Gorn Yesterday DBB C me vs wyrmm Page: <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Gorn Yesterday DBB C me vs wyrmm - 3/27/2013 12:18:03 AM   
geofflambert

12/9/42

I've never seen this before, Raiden sent some troops into the Paoshan hex and this happened. Not only did I suffer no casualties but he was blown back to the hex he came from.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by geofflambert -- 3/27/2013 12:20:31 AM >

(in reply to geofflambert)
Post #: 271
RE: Gorn Yesterday DBB C me vs wyrmm - 3/27/2013 12:44:04 AM   
wyrmm

Me either. 100% prep, good supplies, good commanders. All the losses were combat troops, none of the support squads were damaged. I did not expect to kick him out of the hex, and I did expect to take casualties, but nothing like that. I have no idea why I got the supply minus, they still have good supplies upon checking them again.

< Message edited by wyrmm -- 3/27/2013 12:45:08 AM >

Post #: 272
RE: Gorn Yesterday DBB C me vs wyrmm - 3/28/2013 3:52:16 AM   
geofflambert

Since New Caledonia appears to be safely in hand, I went on a visit to the Governor of the Free French territory in Noumea to discuss the future of that island. I was shown into her quarters where I witnessed this. Needless to say, no useful business was concluded that day.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to wyrmm)
Post #: 273
RE: Gorn Yesterday DBB C me vs wyrmm - 3/28/2013 6:52:32 AM   
geofflambert

The issue has arisen in regards to restricted LCUs crossing borders that I have allowed this to occur (without malice aforethought, I swear) in Burma. The situation was addressed as soon as I was aware of it. However, not doing so was contrary to a precondition for our PBEM. You might say that either these facts flavor the results thus far and even into the future, or taint them. I'm hopeful we can continue. I should say that I also in the past violated another precondition relating to maximum fighter altitudes determined from 2nd bestmaneuver, which I regard as a reasonable house rule, though I'm not very fond of house rules generally. You may regard Raiden as magnanimous above and beyond the call of duty if he chooses to continue.

I should restate that. You may consider Raiden most magnanimus whatever he decides.

< Message edited by geofflambert -- 3/28/2013 7:11:51 AM >

Post #: 274
RE: Gorn Yesterday DBB C me vs wyrmm - 3/28/2013 8:19:25 AM   
wyrmm

I have every intention of letting you continue to beat the snot out of me, mainly because I have every intention of forcing you to learn the Japanese economy at a future date so I can return the favor.

< Message edited by wyrmm -- 3/28/2013 8:20:07 AM >

Post #: 275
RE: Gorn Yesterday DBB C me vs wyrmm - 3/28/2013 9:19:18 PM   
geofflambert

I've been dreading that but I suppose I'm ready to try out the dark side. I'll have to start playtesting against the AI. Playing the Allies is hard enough. Playing the Japanese seems to me to be a nightmare.

(in reply to wyrmm)
Post #: 276
RE: Gorn Yesterday DBB C me vs wyrmm - 4/1/2013 9:49:39 PM   
geofflambert

12/18/42 As you will see below I have an offensive underway in Burma. Also note that Raiden is besieging Kunming, he snuck up there through the mountains but didn't bring enough to the party.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 277
RE: Gorn Yesterday DBB C me vs wyrmm - 4/1/2013 9:50:54 PM   
geofflambert

Here are the results from the battles you see above. Notice that there is a considerable American presence.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by geofflambert -- 4/1/2013 9:52:54 PM >

Post #: 278
RE: Gorn Yesterday DBB C me vs wyrmm - 4/6/2013 4:13:36 AM   
geofflambert

1/6/43 Season's greetings have been exchanged, though I have no idea what that means for a dirty stinkin' Jap like Raiden. (meanwhile I'm desperately trying to join the club of dirty, stinkin' Japs so far without issue, but I'll keep trying.) Anyways, Myitkvina has fallen to me. Can anyone besides me pronounce that? It sounds like the pet name of a cat owned by one of those Soviet fellows. So, (I really hate it when somebody starts a sentence with "so", they should be boiled in oil) the Japanese defenses for the moment seem to be crumbling, and he's repositioning by having them scurry this way and that way to solidify his line. My problems are not so complex, I simply order everyone forward and then prepare some mint Julips. Every day is Derby day around me. A discussion has occured where Raiden suggested that I pause to lick my wounds before pressing on, but I've been conversing with this white rabbit who keeps saying "I'm much too late!" and I've been taking his wise words to heart. (Not to the Queen of Hearts, mind you). Nonetheless, I expect him to solidify his lines very soon and slow my offensive to a crawl. Anyhow, here is a satellite view of things as they stand.

edit: I apologize to anyone who saw my dating as 1/6/42, obviously this would be impossible then.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by geofflambert -- 4/6/2013 4:34:09 AM >

Post #: 279
RE: Gorn Yesterday DBB C me vs wyrmm - 4/6/2013 7:12:51 AM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: geofflambert

1/6/43 Season's greetings have been exchanged, though I have no idea what that means for a dirty stinkin' Jap like Raiden. (meanwhile I'm desperately trying to join the club of dirty, stinkin' Japs so far without issue, but I'll keep trying.) Anyways, Myitkvina has fallen to me. Can anyone besides me pronounce that? It sounds like the pet name of a cat owned by one of those Soviet fellows...

The DSJ club is very exclusive, but the bouncer might let you in if you can prove your direct family relationship to Godzilla.

And, I can pronounce Mytkyna ... there, I just did. Not sure I can spell it though ....

You are right about it sounding like it should be the name of the fluffy white cat held and petted by the evil head of Spekter in one of the early Bond movies. But there were lots of other fuzzy things being stroked too ...

I have not yet begun to fight! OTOH I have not yet begun to flee. Hmmmmm - choices, choices -always with the choices.

Post #: 280
RE: Gorn Yesterday DBB C me vs wyrmm - 4/7/2013 7:17:05 PM   
geofflambert

BBfanboy, so you're a birther, are you? You want my long form, or will the short form do?

Everyone's been looking for you, worried that maybe you died.

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 281
RE: Gorn Yesterday DBB C me vs wyrmm - 4/7/2013 11:10:57 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

BBfanboy, so you're a birther, are you? You want my long form, or will the short form do?

Everyone's been looking for you, worried that maybe you died.

Well, the driving from Manitoba to Arizona nearly killed me! I took someone at their word that it was a 3-day drive. After two leisurely 9-hour days, the third day turned out to be 17½ hours! Had to get there that day to pick up my daughter and family at the airport. Then I got a bit sick on the return trip - too much time spent with those little virus incubators called kids.

A bit surprised that my absence was noted with concern rather than relief! Had I known, I would have mentioned my vacation plans before leaving. Since I do not have an AAR going, the question of where it is appropriate to announce my departure comes up. Every AAR I read? Seems excessive and self-important.

I have not yet begun to fight! OTOH I have not yet begun to flee. Hmmmmm - choices, choices -always with the choices.

Post #: 282
RE: Gorn Yesterday DBB C me vs wyrmm - 4/8/2013 10:01:02 PM   
geofflambert

Next time start an un-obit thread and everyone can post their upcoming absences. I was out for two months and nobody noticed. I think I know a couple of people who probably had a party when I stopped posting.

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 283
RE: Gorn Yesterday DBB C me vs wyrmm - 4/8/2013 11:54:02 PM   
geofflambert

The Atago has been reported sunk NW of Guam with the cause listed as a 14" shell. Must have received that at Efate. I assume it was trying to reach Japan for repairs. Don't the Japanese have repair ships? I don't happen to know.

In China one of his stacks moved forward from a hex he had captured but he left nothing there to defend it. On the same turn he exited that hex, some of my troops filled in behind him, so now he's surrounded. As far as I can tell he has no reinforcements on the way. His stack is too powerful for me to attack, but not too powerful for me to defend against. I suppose he'll have to retreat back to where he was to clear his rear.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 284
RE: Gorn Yesterday DBB C me vs wyrmm - 4/9/2013 4:32:40 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

Next time start an un-obit thread and everyone can post their upcoming absences. I was out for two months and nobody noticed. I think I know a couple of people who probably had a party when I stopped posting.

I did notice you were absent, but I am the type to assume [in the absence of other clues] that all is well and some routine RL stuff took you off-line for a while. So I watched for your AAR until it reappeared. Next time I will try a PM to find out how long I must wait for the next dose of reptilian raiding!

Post #: 285
RE: Gorn Yesterday DBB C me vs wyrmm - 4/9/2013 4:35:52 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

The Atago has been reported sunk NW of Guam with the cause listed as a 14" shell. Must have received that at Efate. I assume it was trying to reach Japan for repairs. Don't the Japanese have repair ships? I don't happen to know.

In China one of his stacks moved forward from a hex he had captured but he left nothing there to defend it. On the same turn he exited that hex, some of my troops filled in behind him, so now he's surrounded. As far as I can tell he has no reinforcements on the way. His stack is too powerful for me to attack, but not too powerful for me to defend against. I suppose he'll have to retreat back to where he was to clear his rear.

A surrounded unit can enter one of the adjoining hexes but must defeat and retreat the enemy units in it before it can move on out of the trap. Alternately, a rescue force must open one of the hex sides to provide the exit route.

Post #: 286
RE: Gorn Yesterday DBB C me vs wyrmm - 4/9/2013 6:13:13 PM   
geofflambert

Well, the stack of three units (pointed out with the red arrow) after trudging to the NW seemingly forever, have now changed direction and are headed to the W to rescue their unfortunate comrades. Starting out from zero again, I guess it will be a long while til we welcome them.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 287
RE: Gorn Yesterday DBB C me vs wyrmm - 4/12/2013 9:38:21 PM   
geofflambert

1/24/43 My air war with Raiden over Burma is not going well. Those Tojos he has are murder. It appears that the Hurricanes are the best opponent for them (I have P-40s and P-38s there too) but they're not doing well. Also I'm losing a lot of pilots (even though the fighting so far has been over hexes I occupy). I guess those cannons the Tojos have go right through the armored cockpits. So I decided to do something different. I had not done any ground attack raids in Burma to this point because the fighting has all been in the jungle and it's pointless bombing there for the most part. Raiden had four units stacked on an agricultural hex and I threw everything I had at it. Here are the results from yesterday:

Attachment (1)

Post #: 288
RE: Gorn Yesterday DBB C me vs wyrmm - 4/13/2013 3:42:58 AM   
geofflambert

People often accuse me of making lots of mistakes, but I'm just like Tiger, my shots keep hitting the flagstick then bounce off and roll into the pond (even on holes that have no pond). I wish I could just be slightly less perfect, but it seems impossible.

Yes, I yam what I yam.

< Message edited by geofflambert -- 4/13/2013 3:44:20 AM >

Post #: 289
RE: Gorn Yesterday DBB C me vs wyrmm - 4/19/2013 3:40:54 AM   
geofflambert

Here's the current positions in Burma. The units Raiden foolishly left out in the open have been sacrificing from 600 to 1,000 casualties each day to my bombers. They are now scurrying into what ever rat hole they can find. I'm almost certain that Raiden is evacuating troops from Darwin. Probably being sent to Burma to be trained in how to properly execute cannon fodderism.

I wouldn't be suprised if he has some kind of Inchon plan in his head. We shall wait and see.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by geofflambert -- 4/19/2013 3:43:18 AM >

Darwin has his eye on me.

Post #: 290
RE: Gorn Yesterday DBB C me vs wyrmm - 4/19/2013 7:24:34 PM   
geofflambert

Attachment (1)

Post #: 291
RE: Gorn Yesterday DBB C me vs wyrmm - 4/20/2013 3:15:42 AM   
wyrmm

I may be mistaken, but isn't KB supporting fish populations in the Coral Sea?

Post #: 292
RE: Gorn Yesterday DBB C me vs wyrmm - 4/23/2013 4:57:39 AM   
geofflambert

Well, following the game system, I should've said KB II. But two of your CV's are original so I suppose I could be forgiven.

(in reply to wyrmm)
Post #: 293
RE: Gorn Yesterday DBB C me vs wyrmm - 4/26/2013 7:57:26 PM   
geofflambert

After Raiden evacuated Darwin, I sent a half a company of men on a submarine to plant the flag. Having captured her, I see that the fortification level is 3 and building, even though I have no engineers there.

Can you capture enemy fortifications intact? I never noticed that before.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by geofflambert -- 4/26/2013 7:58:28 PM >

Post #: 294
RE: Gorn Yesterday DBB C me vs wyrmm - 4/27/2013 4:08:22 AM   
BBfanboy

Yes, if there is no battle you get the forts intact and some of the supply and fuel left behind.
The forts may have been left in "Build" mode and your guys are not really adding to them, it just shows where the Japanese left off.

Post #: 295
RE: Gorn Yesterday DBB C me vs wyrmm - 4/28/2013 6:00:25 AM   
geofflambert

Well, he might have been more considerate and built them up to a 6, with all the time he spent there. And a measly 215 tons of fuel? What am I supposed to do with that? I have every intention of hauling him before the court at Nuremburg to answer for this!

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 296
RE: Gorn Yesterday DBB C me vs wyrmm - 4/28/2013 6:11:48 AM   
wyrmm

Hey, the Empire of Japan is environmentally responsible.

Post #: 297
RE: Gorn Yesterday DBB C me vs wyrmm - 4/28/2013 8:11:42 PM   
geofflambert

Below you will see the current status of the Burma offensive.

In other news, on March 1, I had forgotten to withdraw some Dauntless squadrons due that day, and instead of paying PPs they all automatically disbanded! Never seen that before. I looked for a couple of pilots from one of them and found the active flying commander in the reserve, but the other was nowhere to be found. I presume I lost all those highly trained crews. *($%#@?+&^>@!%&

Attachment (1)

(in reply to wyrmm)
Post #: 298
RE: Gorn Yesterday DBB C me vs wyrmm - 4/28/2013 8:40:59 PM   
wyrmm

The mighty Chinese air force just slaughtered the graduating JAAF class of 1942 downing 40 Oscars in exchange for 3 Chinese aircraft. Not a good sign.

Post #: 299
RE: Gorn Yesterday DBB C me vs wyrmm - 4/29/2013 12:33:56 AM   
geofflambert

FOW. My reports were 24 Oscars, 1 Helen and no Chinese planes. Every Chinese pilot is an ace now. Some chin music, eh?

Attachment (1)

(in reply to wyrmm)
Post #: 300
Page:   <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Gorn Yesterday DBB C me vs wyrmm Page: <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI