Wide Screen Problem

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

sherlock1

Wide Screen Problem

Post by sherlock1 »

New computer using windows 7, intel(r) hd graphics 2000. Installed WITP and using the following command line for wide screen. However it always stays at 1024x768 No matter how I change this line it will not change the resolution. Any help will be appreciated.

"C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -f -px1920 -py1080 -r
Reg

RE: Wide Screen Problem

Post by Reg »

Line should start with a "

"C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -f -px1920 -py1080 -r

Cheers,
Reg.

(One day I will learn to spell - or check before posting....)
Uh oh, Firefox has a spell checker!! What excuse can I use now!!!
sherlock1

Post by sherlock1 »

Sorry. My error, it does but I didnt put it here
Reg

Post by Reg »

How did you go??

I tried your command line above by copying and pasting into a desktop icon and it works for me. Your problem could be that you hardware does not support 1920x1080 resolution or you are not updating the icon you are launching the game from.

To see if it is an icon issue, try create a new icon on your desktop and put your command line in the "Target:" box (ensure the .exe file is the same location as on your PC).

(There is more information on the command line options in the "What's New" file included with the game).

Double click on the new icon to start (or continue) a game in widescreen mode and that's all there is to it!!

You might like to try some valid lower resolutions (1440x900, 1280x800 etc) to see if it is a hardware issue. Check your hardware manuals for valid resolutions...

Please let us know how you get on.
Cheers,
Reg.

(One day I will learn to spell - or check before posting....)
Uh oh, Firefox has a spell checker!! What excuse can I use now!!!
sherlock1

Post by sherlock1 »

Thanks for your imput. I tried everything and still the same problem. However, when in "window mode" it will play in 1920 x 1080

Return to “Tech Support”