Matrix Games Forums

New Fronts are opening up for Commander: The Great WarCharacters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Deal of the Week: Combat Command Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer CorpsNew Strategy Titles Join the Family
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Exception Errors

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue >> Tech Support >> Exception Errors Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Exception Errors - 10/17/2012 1:59:44 AM   
The Red Baron

I frequently encounter "Exception Errors" (see below) when clicking on sea hexes. It always happens when I'm clicking on the hex to see what's in it, not to move units. This started happening after I updated to the 1.03 beta. I'm running W7 with the latest patches and updates. I would have liked to show the details, but it involved several pages of scrolling within the window. It's becoming frustrating because I have to blow out of the game, and if I haven't saved recently, I'm screwed. Anyone else seen this?

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Exception Errors - 10/17/2012 2:01:36 AM   
LiquidSky

Yes, I saw it when you click on a hex that has an enemy boat in it, but you have not reconned the hex...so it looks empty to you. It was mentioned earlier as a bug, but I dont recall if I saw a fix in a patch for it yet or not.

EDIT:

Apparently he will look into it for 1.03

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3177327

< Message edited by LiquidSky -- 10/17/2012 2:03:26 AM >

What's the sense of sending $2 million missiles to hit a $10 tent that's empty?

— President George W. Bush, Oval Office meeting, 13 September 2001.

(in reply to The Red Baron)
Post #: 2
RE: Exception Errors - 10/17/2012 2:09:42 AM   
The Red Baron

This must be it but in my case there were no enemy units hiding in the fog of war areas; I was clicking on hexes containing my units. I'm not 100% sure but pretty sure this was the case. Anyway, I will keep my eye out for the official 1.03. Thanks.

(in reply to LiquidSky)
Post #: 3
RE: Exception Errors - 10/17/2012 2:19:51 AM   
LiquidSky

AHh..if you are clicking on a hex with your units, that is a different problem.

When you get that dialog box with the error message, and hit details...the most important detail is the first line where the excpetion was hit....it will be the name of the function and will help Vic track down what might be causing it.

What's the sense of sending $2 million missiles to hit a $10 tent that's empty?

— President George W. Bush, Oval Office meeting, 13 September 2001.

(in reply to The Red Baron)
Post #: 4
RE: Exception Errors - 10/17/2012 2:32:53 PM   
Vic

Thats weird. I thought i fixed this bug in v1.03. Are you sure you are playing v1.03? in the main menu (on startup of the game) in the top left can you see the version number?

I am unable to reproduce in v1.04. You could try upgrading to that version as well.

If you still have the same issue could you send me the whole bug report (copy & paste the details) and maybe even send a savefile from which a certain step always reproduces this error? (my email is vic@xs4all.nl)

Thanks for reporting!

Best,
Vic

Victor Reijkersz Designs
www.vrdesigns.nl

(in reply to LiquidSky)
Post #: 5
RE: Exception Errors - 10/20/2012 5:51:20 PM   
The Red Baron

Vic,

Main menu indicates I'm currently running v1.03. If it happens again, I'll copy and paste the error report details into a text file and e-mail them to you at the address you provided. Thanks!

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue >> Tech Support >> Exception Errors Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI