Matrix Games Forums

To End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers requiredPandora: Eclipse of Nashira gets release dateCommunity impressions of To End All WarsAgeod's To End All Wars is now availableTo End All Wars is now available!Deal of the Week: Field of GloryTo End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!Ageod's To End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!To End All Wars: Artillery
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Japanese HI pilot training cost

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Japanese HI pilot training cost Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Japanese HI pilot training cost - 10/17/2012 1:57:04 AM   
nashvillen

I have looked through the archives and the limited information in the manual. I can't seem to find the way to calculate the monthly HI cost for Japanese Pilot training.

Can someone point me in the right direction, please?

Thank you!

Post #: 1
RE: Japanese HI pilot training cost - 10/17/2012 2:05:34 AM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: nashvillen

I have looked through the archives and the limited information in the manual. I can't seem to find the way to calculate the monthly HI cost for Japanese Pilot training.

Can someone point me in the right direction, please?

Thank you!

The mulitplier is 5 * pilots in training (not pools)

-Damian-
EconDoc
TrackerAE
Tutes&Java

(in reply to nashvillen)
Post #: 2
RE: Japanese HI pilot training cost - 10/17/2012 2:30:15 AM   
nashvillen

Thanks Damian ,

OK, so we take all the pilots in the 12 months training program and multiply by 5, right? That is what appears to be it.

I am trying to find a way to cut my over 50k HI per month in pilot training. I have been very aggressive on my pilot training on map, but still trying to get a handle on the "un-mapped" pilot training. After a Pilot completes his 12 months and goes into the "Pilots" pool they are not costing any more, right?

So, I am thinking that a large TRACOM that "pulls" pilots through the training program quicker is the key, right? I currently have 65 Army and 185 Navy TRACOM pilots. Is there, like aircraft factories, a magic number I need to shoot for?

Geesh, Just when I think I have a handle on one part of this game another aspect kicks my butt... Isn't this great!

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 3
RE: Japanese HI pilot training cost - 10/17/2012 2:42:13 AM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: nashvillen

Thanks Damian ,

OK, so we take all the pilots in the 12 months training program and multiply by 5, right? That is what appears to be it.

I am trying to find a way to cut my over 50k HI per month in pilot training. I have been very aggressive on my pilot training on map, but still trying to get a handle on the "un-mapped" pilot training. After a Pilot completes his 12 months and goes into the "Pilots" pool they are not costing any more, right?

So, I am thinking that a large TRACOM that "pulls" pilots through the training program quicker is the key, right? I currently have 65 Army and 185 Navy TRACOM pilots. Is there, like aircraft factories, a magic number I need to shoot for?

Geesh, Just when I think I have a handle on one part of this game another aspect kicks my butt... Isn't this great!

Sounds like you're playing scenario 2 ... the added pilot numbers do make scenario 2 difficult even with the added capability of the scen2 economy. As to Tracom - you are right, this is one way to pull pilots into the pool and thus pay less.

A while ago there was a test that talked about the numbers of tracom pilots and how they pulled pilots. I can't remember the exact figures but it was something about you needed a certain number of Tracom to get an effect. Groupings of 5 - I think ... I'll try doing a forum search on this as it is worthy of a proper answer.

Yeah - it's a great game, nuggets that keep on coming. Be back if I find the thread!

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2998883
This one has MichaelM
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/fb.asp?m=2318147

< Message edited by n01487477 -- 10/17/2012 2:46:43 AM >

-Damian-
EconDoc
TrackerAE
Tutes&Java

(in reply to nashvillen)
Post #: 4
RE: Japanese HI pilot training cost - 10/18/2012 3:35:25 AM   
nashvillen

The scenario we are playing is scenario 6, the December 8th campaign. I looked at the last 100 or so turns in tracker and saw this:

Look at turn 882 (May 7th, 1944 I believe). What does the over 13,000 pilots drawn into active duty on one day mean?

I can see single and double digits being affected, but five digits????

Any ideas?

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 5
RE: Japanese HI pilot training cost - 10/18/2012 3:39:01 AM   
PaxMondo

Class graduated I think.  Arny and Navy ....  You have pilots in Tracom, correct?  That would explain all the other entries.

Pax

(in reply to nashvillen)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Japanese HI pilot training cost Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI