Matrix Games Forums

New Screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations WOTYCommand: Modern Air/Naval Operations WOTY is now available!Frontline : The Longest Day Announced and in Beta!Command gets Wargame of the Year EditionDeal of the Week: Pandora SeriesPandora: Eclipse of Nashira is now availableDistant Worlds Gets another updateHell is Approaching Deal of the Week Battle Academy
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Japanese HI pilot training cost

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Japanese HI pilot training cost Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Japanese HI pilot training cost - 10/17/2012 1:57:04 AM   
nashvillen

I have looked through the archives and the limited information in the manual. I can't seem to find the way to calculate the monthly HI cost for Japanese Pilot training.

Can someone point me in the right direction, please?

Thank you!

Post #: 1
RE: Japanese HI pilot training cost - 10/17/2012 2:05:34 AM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: nashvillen

I have looked through the archives and the limited information in the manual. I can't seem to find the way to calculate the monthly HI cost for Japanese Pilot training.

Can someone point me in the right direction, please?

Thank you!

The mulitplier is 5 * pilots in training (not pools)

-Damian-
EconDoc
TrackerAE
Tutes&Java

(in reply to nashvillen)
Post #: 2
RE: Japanese HI pilot training cost - 10/17/2012 2:30:15 AM   
nashvillen

Thanks Damian ,

OK, so we take all the pilots in the 12 months training program and multiply by 5, right? That is what appears to be it.

I am trying to find a way to cut my over 50k HI per month in pilot training. I have been very aggressive on my pilot training on map, but still trying to get a handle on the "un-mapped" pilot training. After a Pilot completes his 12 months and goes into the "Pilots" pool they are not costing any more, right?

So, I am thinking that a large TRACOM that "pulls" pilots through the training program quicker is the key, right? I currently have 65 Army and 185 Navy TRACOM pilots. Is there, like aircraft factories, a magic number I need to shoot for?

Geesh, Just when I think I have a handle on one part of this game another aspect kicks my butt... Isn't this great!

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 3
RE: Japanese HI pilot training cost - 10/17/2012 2:42:13 AM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: nashvillen

Thanks Damian ,

OK, so we take all the pilots in the 12 months training program and multiply by 5, right? That is what appears to be it.

I am trying to find a way to cut my over 50k HI per month in pilot training. I have been very aggressive on my pilot training on map, but still trying to get a handle on the "un-mapped" pilot training. After a Pilot completes his 12 months and goes into the "Pilots" pool they are not costing any more, right?

So, I am thinking that a large TRACOM that "pulls" pilots through the training program quicker is the key, right? I currently have 65 Army and 185 Navy TRACOM pilots. Is there, like aircraft factories, a magic number I need to shoot for?

Geesh, Just when I think I have a handle on one part of this game another aspect kicks my butt... Isn't this great!

Sounds like you're playing scenario 2 ... the added pilot numbers do make scenario 2 difficult even with the added capability of the scen2 economy. As to Tracom - you are right, this is one way to pull pilots into the pool and thus pay less.

A while ago there was a test that talked about the numbers of tracom pilots and how they pulled pilots. I can't remember the exact figures but it was something about you needed a certain number of Tracom to get an effect. Groupings of 5 - I think ... I'll try doing a forum search on this as it is worthy of a proper answer.

Yeah - it's a great game, nuggets that keep on coming. Be back if I find the thread!

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2998883
This one has MichaelM
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/fb.asp?m=2318147

< Message edited by n01487477 -- 10/17/2012 2:46:43 AM >

-Damian-
EconDoc
TrackerAE
Tutes&Java

(in reply to nashvillen)
Post #: 4
RE: Japanese HI pilot training cost - 10/18/2012 3:35:25 AM   
nashvillen

The scenario we are playing is scenario 6, the December 8th campaign. I looked at the last 100 or so turns in tracker and saw this:

Look at turn 882 (May 7th, 1944 I believe). What does the over 13,000 pilots drawn into active duty on one day mean?

I can see single and double digits being affected, but five digits????

Any ideas?

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 5
RE: Japanese HI pilot training cost - 10/18/2012 3:39:01 AM   
PaxMondo

Class graduated I think.  Arny and Navy ....  You have pilots in Tracom, correct?  That would explain all the other entries.

Pax

(in reply to nashvillen)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Japanese HI pilot training cost Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI