Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold Ask Buzz Aldrin!Pike & Shot gets Release Date and Twitch Session!Deal of the Week Espana 1936
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Is Carrier Force still dead in the water?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Is Carrier Force still dead in the water? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Is Carrier Force still dead in the water? - 10/16/2012 3:31:17 PM   
SuluSea

I saw these two pictures on the web supposedly from the game...

USS Monterey

HIJMS Zuiho

”How strangely will the Tools of a Tyrant pervert the plain Meaning of Words!” ~ Samuel Adams
Post #: 1
RE: Is Carrier Force still dead in the water? - 10/16/2012 7:36:42 PM   
wodin

Looks good..who was developing it?

My Tactical wargame facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/Tacticalwargame

(in reply to SuluSea)
Post #: 2
RE: Is Carrier Force still dead in the water? - 10/17/2012 8:34:53 PM   
SuluSea

Mike Wood and Justin Prince via Matrix Games, info was posted here and a few other places on the forum at times.

It's sad if this is still a no go because what we had heard seemed like it held so much promise.

”How strangely will the Tools of a Tyrant pervert the plain Meaning of Words!” ~ Samuel Adams

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 3
RE: Is Carrier Force still dead in the water? - 10/17/2012 9:52:09 PM   
wodin

4 years old the start of that thread..me thinks it's well and truly dead.

(in reply to SuluSea)
Post #: 4
RE: Is Carrier Force still dead in the water? - 10/19/2012 1:03:55 AM   
SuluSea

quote:

ORIGINAL: wodin

4 years old the start of that thread..me thinks it's well and truly dead.

Point taken Wodin.. I see a few in the forum still have CF alpha testers in their signatures so I felt it didn't hurt to ask. I guess the silence gives me my answer.

I guess I'll have to look elsewhere for a naval title.

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 5
RE: Is Carrier Force still dead in the water? - 10/19/2012 2:25:12 PM   
Nimrod 9th

I hope your wrong. SSG Complete Carriers at War was one of my all time favorite games. I'd be one of the first to buy if it came out for windowns 7. Know what I'm going to ask Santa for.

(in reply to SuluSea)
Post #: 6
RE: Is Carrier Force still dead in the water? - 10/19/2012 2:40:59 PM   
SapperAstro

Complete Carriers at War is supposedly in development, at least according to Eric Rutins earlier this year.

He said it can be expected first quarter 2013.

"Regarding Complete Carriers at War, in my most recent discussion with SSG we are now aiming for 1st Quarter 2013. They are at work on the release and moving it forward. SSG is just Gregor and Roger now and life has thrown them a lot of curve balls over the last couple of years. With CCAW, SSG should be rolling again and there are several more exciting releases we are discussing with them after CCAW is complete."

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3164845 Just head through the childish commentary until you get to Eriks post.

As for the game in this thread, haven't heard a thing about it.

(in reply to Nimrod 9th)
Post #: 7
RE: Is Carrier Force still dead in the water? - 10/19/2012 4:00:05 PM   
SuluSea

SapperAstro nails it. Carrier Force is/was a program based off the Uncommon Valor engine , Complete Carriers at War comes from the Carriers at War line.

I thought SSG got all the could out of the CaW engine, it will have to have a number of improvements or a good deal for previous owners to get my money. Calling the scenario builder tedious would be a compliment. Any *new release will have to have more than lipstick for me to consider it a new game. I understand where some who didn't make the CaW purchase may feel different ,though.

(in reply to SapperAstro)
Post #: 8
RE: Is Carrier Force still dead in the water? - 10/19/2012 4:31:10 PM   
SapperAstro

I didn't make the purchase because I still have a working version of the original Complete Carriers at War....

Depending on how the new one turns out, I might be tempted to fork out yet. It doesn't really have much competition in the Carrier stakes after all...and if it has the same amount of scenarios as the original Complete CaW then I will be impressed.

(in reply to SuluSea)
Post #: 9
RE: Is Carrier Force still dead in the water? - 10/19/2012 10:45:57 PM   
wodin

I really like the carrier art style in those pics..

For me in recent years a deep yet accessible Pac War game hasn't been released. I'd love to see those graphics in the pics at sea with planes taking off etc..air ops and island battles..and sea battles but again with graphics like in the OP post.

I'd like to see the planes taking off and going into formation then flying off to attack the enemy carrier group as well as ship to ship combat but have a very detailed damage model for the ships and realistic behavior. I'd like crew casualties effecting ship performance..fires..flooding and damaged equipment..crew fighting the fires. Life boats and rescue. Air battles and maybe land battles but I'd be happy to see the land battles more abstracted at coy or reg level..I want the Naval Side and Air side in more detail. I'd also want it to look great. Those carrier pics spark the imagination, I can visua;ise planes taking off from them or being under attack from enemy planes and ships etc.. I'd like similar FOW level as NWS Steam and iron game aswell.

(in reply to SapperAstro)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Is Carrier Force still dead in the water? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI