Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week Pride of NationsTo End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers requiredPandora: Eclipse of Nashira gets release dateCommunity impressions of To End All WarsAgeod's To End All Wars is now availableTo End All Wars is now available!Deal of the Week: Field of GloryTo End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!Ageod's To End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Question for the brains trust re the repair of disabled squads

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Question for the brains trust re the repair of disabled squads Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Question for the brains trust re the repair of disabled... - 10/14/2012 3:10:51 AM   
aoffen

Question for the brains trust,
Can anyone give me some feeling for how long it takes to recover/repair disabled squads? I currently have a division that was banged up in combat and has now been withdrawan to Rangoon and has been sitting there for a few weeks. Its at 100% strength in terms of equipment but has quite a few disabled squads and guns etc. It has copious support (almost double that required in the hex), squillions of supplies (150k+), a good leader with a high admin rating and an army HQ in the hex with them. Disruption is now 0 and fatigue is 2. Yet the disabled squads and equipment don't seem to be repairing at any sort of reasonable rate. The rules seem to be silent on the whole issue. I would really appreciate some guidance as to what sort of time frame to expect recovery and what else I can do to help it along?
Thanks for the help
Andrew
Post #: 1
RE: Question for the brains trust re the repair of disa... - 10/14/2012 3:39:37 AM   
jmalter

is the div in Rest mode? sounds like you're doing everything right, & Rangoon is the place to be to avoid malaria effects. what is its Morale level? does the HQa leader have decent ratings?

(in reply to aoffen)
Post #: 2
RE: Question for the brains trust re the repair of disa... - 10/14/2012 4:48:29 AM   
PaxMondo

How far are enemy lines?  Farther is better.  Command HQ in range will also help.  Be sure enough support is in the base as well ...

As to speed, I generally am happy if I am repairing 2 -3 devices per line item per day. So if 30 Inf squads, 10 engr, and 10 support are disabled, I expect to that to take ~10 days to fully repair. Maybe get lucky and take only 7-8 ...

< Message edited by PaxMondo -- 10/14/2012 4:50:22 AM >

Pax

(in reply to jmalter)
Post #: 3
RE: Question for the brains trust re the repair of disa... - 10/14/2012 4:58:07 AM   
aoffen

At the risk of giving my dear opponents a bit of intel, here is the unit.

The division is in rest mode, morale is 97, support is high, supplies are high, admin rating for the leader is 68, an army and several corps HQ's are in the hex, its direct HQ is 2 hexes away. The combat hex containing the enemy is 2 hexes away.

Apart from driving the IJA a bit further away (which I am trying my hardest on) doesn't seem much else I can do. Just wondering how long it will take.

Cheers
Andrew

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by aoffen -- 10/14/2012 4:59:28 AM >

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 4
RE: Question for the brains trust re the repair of disa... - 10/14/2012 5:21:17 AM   
PaxMondo

Enemy units being that close will have a big, negative impact upon the repair.  For me, under more optimal conditions, I would expect this unit to be back in shape in 20 days or so.  But being so close to the front ... could take much longer.  2x.  maybe more ...

If you don't need it for defense of Rangoon, can you move it further from the front?  Magwe?

Pax

(in reply to aoffen)
Post #: 5
RE: Question for the brains trust re the repair of disa... - 10/14/2012 5:34:27 AM   
aoffen

Not much support up there and malaria. Wonder which is best. Accept the proximity penalty or back into the malarial zone?

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 6
RE: Question for the brains trust re the repair of disa... - 10/14/2012 1:13:58 PM   
PaxMondo

If Magwe has been built enough, then malaria is mitigated.  Forget the exact size to do that.  The unit has plenty excess organic support to start.  If not, can't answer that.  You already have history as to how fast it is repairing now under current conditions.

Pax

(in reply to aoffen)
Post #: 7
RE: Question for the brains trust re the repair of disa... - 10/14/2012 2:52:57 PM   
crsutton

And, split the division into brigades (make sure you have upgrades "off") Both replacement and recovery happens at the same rate for brigades as for division so you are in effect recovering at three times the speed.

< Message edited by crsutton -- 10/14/2012 2:53:53 PM >

I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 8
RE: Question for the brains trust re the repair of disa... - 10/14/2012 5:55:33 PM   
Empire101

quote:

ORIGINAL: crsutton

And, split the division into brigades (make sure you have upgrades "off") Both replacement and recovery happens at the same rate for brigades as for division so you are in effect recovering at three times the speed.

I never thought of that!! Thanks crsutton

Our lives may be more boring than those who lived in apocalyptic times,
but being bored is greatly preferable to being prematurely dead because of some ideological fantasy.
- Michael Burleigh

(in reply to crsutton)
Post #: 9
RE: Question for the brains trust re the repair of disa... - 10/14/2012 7:31:20 PM   
SuluSea

quote:

ORIGINAL: crsutton

Kewl. Thanks so much CRS. I'm going to file this tip under it's what you learn after you think you know it all that counts.

”How strangely will the Tools of a Tyrant pervert the plain Meaning of Words!” ~ Samuel Adams

(in reply to crsutton)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Question for the brains trust re the repair of disabled squads Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI