Matrix Games Forums

Space Program Manager will be launching on SteamCome and see us during the Spieltagen in Essen!New Screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations WOTYCommand: Modern Air/Naval Operations WOTY is now available!Frontline : The Longest Day Announced and in Beta!Command gets Wargame of the Year EditionDeal of the Week: Pandora SeriesPandora: Eclipse of Nashira is now availableDistant Worlds Gets another update
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Computer freezing

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> Computer freezing Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Computer freezing - 10/12/2012 9:10:45 AM   
george456

Hello to everyone. I have some technical problem running the game, so I registered to seek help solving the issue.

I have bought the full game pack with all the expansions a few months ago. I really like the game, but It seems it has developed a serious crashing problem. At first the game run smoothly and I did play it for about 3 days for about 3 hours each day. No problems. But then the game froze bad time. Not even crash to desktop, It was a proper computer freeze, where screen goes black and nothing short of hard reset button works.

I have been looking for a solution back then and saw that there is a patch comming out soon, so I have shelved the game and waited if the patch is going to solve the issue. Sadly I had no such luck. Yesterday I have checked the game for updates and it downloaded a new patch (1.7.0.16). After the patch I have started a fresh game, not an old save, but in under 5 minutes of gameplay the game froze again. I am reluctant to go and try different settings in options and or windows, since every time it freezes I have to hard reset the computer.

my specs:
Win 7 Proffesional
Amd Athlon 64 dual core
Ati Radeon HD 6870 ( 1GB video RAM)
4 GB Corsair RAM

I really hope this is simply some sort of setting issue, since I very much like the game.
Thank you in advance.
Post #: 1
RE: Computer freezing - 10/12/2012 9:35:14 AM   
Iain McNeil

Which game? :)

Iain McNeil
Director
Slitherine Software
Website http://www.slitherine.com

(in reply to george456)
Post #: 2
RE: Computer freezing - 10/12/2012 10:39:12 AM   
george456

Yes, sorry I have found out this is the general forum. Its Distant Worlds.

(in reply to george456)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> Computer freezing Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI