Aircraft R&D Conversions

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Icedawg

Aircraft R&D Conversions

Post by Icedawg »

Okay, I'm a bit confused (but that's nothing new).

I just had my first Rufe factory fully repair to size 30. I want to convert it to A6M3, so I selected the factory and tried to change it to the A6M3, but instead of getting an undamaged size 30 A6M3 factory, I got a 0(21) A6M3 factory. I thought if you converted factories within the same development line (as defined by Tracker upgrade type) the factory would not be damaged and would not lose any size. What's going on here?
Grfin Zeppelin

RE: Aircraft R&D Conversions

Post by Grfin Zeppelin »

The Rufe research must be finished. Factory turns blue and then you can switch manually to the next model which is the A6M5 If I remember right.

n01487477

Post by n01487477 »

ORIGINAL: Icedawg

Okay, I'm a bit confused (but that's nothing new).

I just had my first Rufe factory fully repair to size 30. I want to convert it to A6M3, so I selected the factory and tried to change it to the A6M3, but instead of getting an undamaged size 30 A6M3 factory, I got a 0(21) A6M3 factory. I thought if you converted factories within the same development line (as defined by Tracker upgrade type) the factory would not be damaged and would not lose any size. What's going on here?
THe rufe as Grafin says doesn't upgrade to the M3 ... Are you reading Tracker right? What scenario ?
btbw

Post by btbw »

Rufe - A6M5
A6M3 - A6M3a
Icedawg

Post by Icedawg »

Dang, I misread Tracker. You guys (and gal) are right.

On the bright side, the A6M3 isn't really that much better than the A6M2 anyway, so I guess it shouldn't matter too much.
n01487477

Post by n01487477 »

ORIGINAL: Icedawg

Dang, I misread Tracker. You guys (and gal) are right.

On the bright side, the A6M3 isn't really that much better than the A6M2 anyway, so I guess it shouldn't matter too much.
This is why you should save before doing any economic changes. I think you have M3 in the headlights[;)] The M3 certainly isn't better and is often skipped.

The M5 might not be great but it is certainly better than the M2 and worth getting a little earlier. What you lose in a little range you make up for with better Cannon, Alt, climb rate and speed

Attachments
Capture.jpg
Capture.jpg (69.71 KiB) Viewed 30 times
ny59giants

Post by ny59giants »

If you play a game without altitude restrictions, the M5 can be above most of the Allied naval aircraft. You will need it against the Corsair's speed which is over 400.
[center]Image[/center]

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”