We have an updated Beta version to check out. It can be found in the Members Club. This version fixes some issues and bugs, makes some fine-tunings to the rules as well as shifting the balance somewhat to the Soviet side, probably most noticeable in the Case Blue campaign scenario. Please check it over, and give us any feedback regarding how well it works.
v1.04 beta – Oct 7, 2012
- Sevastopol extra auto-repair is now working as it should in all rounds (as opposed to only in round 1). Also raised the extra auto-repair from 250 points to 350 points. If you keep some red fighter units on intercept it should be possible to keep Sevastopol in supply now.
- German minor orders will no longer be issued outside the historical area scope of the Case Blue plan. Roughly following the Don River – Stalingrad – Wolga – Astrakhan line. Everything north of that line will not be used for minor orders.
- Trappjagd will now not let Soviets have major orders initially because Soviets now only get major orders at level 6 or higher (used to be level 5 or higher).
- U-2 acts as bomber now; no more kamikaze intercepts by this bi-plane bomber.
- Make High Command actually tell you "it agrees to not give you the order again, but that you still have to fulfill your current order" if you play an avoid card but already received the order before playing it. Also adjusted the text on the avoid cards to mention “again” so it is clear it will not cancel your current order.
- Fixed a bug with the avoid Krasnodar, Grozny and Baku cards not working as intended.
- Give major order avoid actioncards back (since they have been taken away after capturing the objective) to player if not played yet and you lose a key city.
- Added variant for FOW on statistics for players who don’t want to be able to see the Soviet force size and composition. All statistics will become visible after the game has been won however.
- Oil more strained. 2k less oil for Germany at start. Even 1k less in August. Even 1k less in Sept.
- Make sea 2 instead of 3 AP points for soviet sea supply to avoid to much damage to the west of Caucasus if rail link is cut.
- Soviet reinforcements Extra infantry 700 per round in July&Aug [10K per month extra] and 1400 extra per round in Sep&Oct [20K per month extra]. This means that by November the Soviets will have received 60K extra troops.
- Max command points saved up for any officer is 20.
- Made the offensive corps and army cards slightly less effective. Also fixed a calculation mistake in Gamble, it will now actually misfire sometimes, making it a real gamble. Also adjusted the cost of a number of cards upwards and one (Supervise defense) downwards.
- Supply is no longer already consumed in setup turn when playing with free setup variant on.