Matrix Games (www.matrixgames.com), Slitherine (www.slitherine.com), The Lordz Games Studio (www.lordzgamesstudio.com), and Flashback Games are excited to announce the release of Panzer Corps Grand Campaign ’42-43 West, the latest DLC for the critically-acclaimed and award-winning operational strategy game Panzer Corps.
The focus of the Grand Campaign series now moves to the Western Front as the British and American armies and their allies begin their counter-offensives to push Germany out of captured territory. With a series of hit-and-run raids, the Allies are probing German defenses on the coasts before launching the expected European mainland invasion. The task for the player is simple, repel the Allies’ efforts and push them back!
Grand Campaign ’42-’43 West features 14 new scenarios, from the landings at Dieppe and Salerno, to battles at Syracuse and Messina in Italy, including a host of new features implemented from the recently-released Panzer Corps: Afrika Korps. Players can use their core force from previously-completed Grand Campaigns and continue to gain experience and upgraded equipment, giving the truly unique experience of raising and fielding an army from the start of World War II to the bitter end. Players can also jump into any of these Grand Campaigns with a preset core force and play each one on its own.
Along with the release of Grand Campaign ’42-43 West comes the release of the v1.11 comprehensive update for Panzer Corps. The update adds a range of new options to the editor and new tile sets for scenario creators. A few bug fixes are also included on the update, most importantly fixing a crash related to ambush and issues with mods that were created for v1.05 of Panzer Corps. To get the update, visit the download page for Panzer Corps.
Scenario list: St. Nazaire, Bayonne, Hardelot, Dieppe, Gironde, Syracuse, Etna Line North, Etna Line South, Messina, Salerno Landing, Salerno Counter-Attack, Catanzaro, Taranto, Volturno Line.
Panzer Corps Grand Campaign ’42-’43 West is an expansion and requires a copy of either Panzer Corps or Panzer Corps: Afrika Korps to play. For more information on Panzer Corps Grand Campaign ’42-43 West, visit the official product page on the Slitherine or Matrix Games website.
The full changelog for v1.11 is below:
- Fixed a crash bug related to the "Undo" option when being ambushed.
- Fixed a ZOC issues related to the "Undo" option.
- Fixed a number of map string bugs including issues in other languages and invalid strings in save/load.
- Fixed a few issues when using Panzer Corps 1.10 with mods intended for 1.05.
- Fixed cities and airfields in muddy and frozen tilesets to match dry tileset.
- Added all desert-related tiles to muddy and frozen tilesets.
- Added new option to the Editor (Scenario Params, General tab): "Clean reserve after deploy". This allows you to design campaigns with part of the core force.
- The editor now allows negative hero bonuses.
- Custom unit's max strength is now preserved after upgrade.
< Message edited by Iain McNeil -- 2/7/2013 11:14:06 AM >