Matrix Games Forums

To End All Wars: Mountain InfantryPandora: Eclipse of Nashira Announced! Deal of the Week: Command Ops goes half price!New Fronts are opening up for Commander: The Great WarCharacters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great War
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

issue happening again

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Advanced Tactics Support >> issue happening again Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
issue happening again - 10/11/2012 8:21:42 AM   
lion_of_judah

Vic
while beginning playtesting, 2 regimes that are suppose to human player are not showing up, but being skipped over when it is their turn, all regimes are currently set to human. second, i have friendly units of one regime beginning in a allied nation with no territory of their own yet, but when i start play they conquer the friendly countries hexes. So I put them in a portion of the nation which they are at war with and still conquer friendly territory. Now in the editing section the border of Congo and South Sudan show as allied, so what is happening here.

Third, how many regimes is one allowed to play with, I had thought with this new patch it increased to 19 is this correct or am I way off base here. I do only have the beta 2.11 still, so could this be my issue.
Post #: 1
RE: issue happening again - 10/11/2012 8:25:31 AM   
lion_of_judah

one more issue, I wanted owner 11 to begin first which is South Sudan and it still begins with regime 0 Ethiopia -

(in reply to lion_of_judah)
Post #: 2
RE: issue happening again - 10/11/2012 8:50:34 AM   
lion_of_judah

this same issue happened in my asia aflame scenario when I was using version 2.10 think it was, but have not tried it since upgrading to version 2.11 beta. the only new issue is an allied regime conquering an allies territory.

Post #: 3
RE: issue happening again - 10/11/2012 9:03:37 AM   
Vic

quote:

ORIGINAL: lion_of_judah

Vic
while beginning playtesting, 2 regimes that are suppose to human player are not showing up, but being skipped over when it is their turn, all regimes are currently set to human. second, i have friendly units of one regime beginning in a allied nation with no territory of their own yet, but when i start play they conquer the friendly countries hexes. So I put them in a portion of the nation which they are at war with and still conquer friendly territory. Now in the editing section the border of Congo and South Sudan show as allied, so what is happening here.

Third, how many regimes is one allowed to play with, I had thought with this new patch it increased to 19 is this correct or am I way off base here. I do only have the beta 2.11 still, so could this be my issue.

1. are the skipped regimes set on "sleep"? see regime window.

2. adding checking starting allied units in enemy territory to v1.13 check & to-do list. Thanks for reporting this :)

3. you can have as many regimes as you want. but keep in mind that each extra one is eating RAM memory especially on big maps, so don't go completely beserk.

best,
Vic

Victor Reijkersz Designs
www.vrdesigns.nl

Post #: 4
RE: issue happening again - 10/11/2012 9:32:00 AM   
lion_of_judah

Vic
yes the regimes in question are not set to sleep - changed to false so they should be active. Also I checked the diplomatic settings and S.Sudan is set to 2 allied with Congo and neutral with everyone else. I originally setup the S.Sudanese inside congo territory on the border with Sudan, but at the beginning of the turn they not only conquered friendly terrority but Sudanese territory and they are not yet at war with Sudan. Also checked and they are at war with Chad when I have them set to 1 with everyone else except their ally congo. S. Sudanese units were even close to the Ugandan border which is set to sleep and they conqured some of their territory as well.

All regimes are currently set to human with the exceptions of those which are set to sleep mode. there should be 10 regimes which are playable right now and the rest set to sleep which gives a total of 13 regimes. I still have the beta 2.11 version so should I upgrade to the public patch 2.11 or leave as is.

regimes as follows:

Ethiopia- active
Eritrea - active
Somalia - active
Kenya - active
Arab Republic of Yemen- active
Republic of Chad- active- but not playable when actually playing. showing in main screen with the rest of the active regimes
Republic of South Sudan- active
Congo - active but not playable when actually playing and not showing in the main screen as the rest do
Central African Republic - asleep
Arab Republic of Egypt - asleep
Uganda - asleep
Sudan - active
Neutral ( non-playable) asleep

< Message edited by lion_of_judah -- 10/11/2012 9:46:48 AM >

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 5
RE: issue happening again - 10/11/2012 2:38:00 PM   
Vic

The patch will not change your situation I think, but will not worsen it either.

To help you further i need a zipfile with the scenario AND all graphics it uses (make sure the zip installs everything in the right locations so the scenario works without errors) so i can quickly take a look and see whats up.

My email is vic@xs4all.nl

best,
Vic

Victor Reijkersz Designs
www.vrdesigns.nl

Post #: 6
RE: issue happening again - 10/11/2012 2:42:41 PM   
lion_of_judah

Vic
i went back and reset the settings whether or not the diplomatic block is on, reset to false and reset to false the whether or not they are asleep. i notice that when i do this, on the left hand side in the one box where diplomacy, research level is when it is on diplomacy and i do this it moves the green highlighted box down below the diplomacy to what would maybe be another choice but it is blank. does this make sense how I have explained it.....

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 7
RE: issue happening again - 10/11/2012 2:56:19 PM   
lion_of_judah

Vic
just sent the email off, let me know how it goes and thanks very much for your help

Post #: 8
RE: issue happening again - 10/11/2012 5:14:05 PM   
lion_of_judah

Restarted play testing, and now just figured out that Djibouti which I forgot to add in the list on the forum is suppose to be a sleep but they are at war with everybody as is Congo, CAR, Uganda and Chad. The only difference is that Chad is set to human player as well and I still cannot even play them. This is extremely frustrating. I can play with no problems so far, Ethiopia, Eritrea, Kenya, Arab Republic of Sudan, Republic of Sudan, Somalia and Arab Republic of Yemen.

< Message edited by lion_of_judah -- 10/11/2012 5:15:27 PM >

Post #: 9
RE: issue happening again - 10/12/2012 7:12:29 AM   
lion_of_judah

Vic
you are the man, I took your suggestion regarding event 5 and removed lines 30-37 and it now works like a charm. I will also try this fix on my Asia aflame as well, since I'm pretty sure this is the same problem. Thank you again!

Post #: 10
RE: issue happening again - 10/13/2012 9:30:24 AM   
lion_of_judah

Vic
have come across a minor problem, but one that for now can be remedied by making Congo inactive ( asleep). The Congo regime cannot make any alliances with anyone, but are neither allied with any regime either. I can send the request out, but no other regime can accept it; other than that though, your fix has solved 99% of the issue it appears.

Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Advanced Tactics Support >> issue happening again Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI