Matrix Games Forums

New Screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations WOTYCommand: Modern Air/Naval Operations WOTY is now available!Frontline : The Longest Day Announced and in Beta!Command gets Wargame of the Year EditionDeal of the Week: Pandora SeriesPandora: Eclipse of Nashira is now availableDistant Worlds Gets another updateHell is Approaching Deal of the Week Battle Academy
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Logistics Phase Event Log

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Logistics Phase Event Log Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Logistics Phase Event Log - 10/10/2012 6:47:19 PM   
DorianGray

I have a question about the GROUND ELEMENTS REPLACEMENTS section.

This section is composed of entries such as:

Panzer Ib : +14 added to the front line units || -4 returned to the pool

What does "-4 returned to the pool" correspond to? Is this the number of damaged elements successfully repaired and returned to the pool for subsequent redistribution?

Thank you.

- DG
Post #: 1
RE: Logistics Phase Event Log - 10/11/2012 8:16:40 PM   
DorianGray

Can anybody explain what the "-XX returned to the pool" statements are attributed to in the Event Log???

(in reply to DorianGray)
Post #: 2
RE: Logistics Phase Event Log - 10/11/2012 10:57:58 PM   
Denniss

AFAIR those are undamaged elements sent back to the pool. Damaged tanks that had been repaired are not named by version but just summarized as xx tanks have been repaired.

(in reply to DorianGray)
Post #: 3
RE: Logistics Phase Event Log - 10/12/2012 12:32:52 AM   
DorianGray

Denniss,

Thank you for the response.

I'm wondering though, on what conditions are undamaged elements sent back to the force pool?

I can see a clear pattern of:
+ (X) added to the front line units || - (X/2) returned to the pool

As it is now, it just seems that there is a lot of equipment that is unavailable as it is being shuffled around or in-transit without a clear explanation or understanding what is going on here.

< Message edited by DorianGray -- 10/12/2012 12:33:13 AM >

(in reply to Denniss)
Post #: 4
RE: Logistics Phase Event Log - 10/12/2012 12:37:12 AM   
gingerbread

quote:

...without a clear explanation or understanding what is going on here.

It's war.

(in reply to DorianGray)
Post #: 5
RE: Logistics Phase Event Log - 10/12/2012 11:08:24 AM   
Denniss

On TOE changes you'll see stuff transferring back to pool and if a unit's component TOE (specific types like MG, rifle squads, art) is above 125% you'll see some of them sent back via oversize reduction.
The oversize reduction elements stay in the transfer pool for one turn.

Pavel should be able to give a 100% statement about damaged/undamaged elements in this list but he's currently on vacation/unavailable for some time.

(in reply to gingerbread)
Post #: 6
RE: Logistics Phase Event Log - 10/12/2012 4:53:53 PM   
Joel Billings

I don't know exactly what is in the numbers shown, however, my understanding of what happens is that 1/2 of damaged elements return to the pool each turn. These represent items that will ultimately be repaired but have been sent back far enough to the rear that they will not necessarily return to the same unit. Damaged elemetns attempt to fix themselves in the unit, but I don't remember if this is before or after the 1/2 are sent back to the pool. I know that when the attempt is made to fix them in the unit, they may be fixed, they may remain damaged, or they may be written off (destroyed). IIRC, some percentage of the 1/2 of the damaged elements sent back to the pool are destroyed when returning to the pool and/or some of the manpower is disabled. To know exactly what is being reported we'd need to hear from Pavel, and he's off the net at the moment at a family reunion of sorts in the Ukraine. His travel path from Lithuania to the Ukraine read like a list of Eastern Front battlefields (Minsk, Kiev, Uman, possibly Odessa).

All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard

(in reply to Denniss)
Post #: 7
RE: Logistics Phase Event Log - 10/29/2012 1:40:37 AM   
Baris

Info about 'Damaged elements returning/returned to the pool' would be more informative in the log than info about surplus equipment moving. Just for knowing more details about replacement mechanics.

< Message edited by Baris -- 10/29/2012 1:43:32 AM >

(in reply to Joel Billings)
Post #: 8
RE: Logistics Phase Event Log - 10/29/2012 11:37:34 AM   
Helpless

Numbers show ground element movement into/from front line units. Negative number sent from units contains both - damaged elements and those sent back to the pool due to the unit TOE or support requirements (support squads).

Pavel Zagzin
WITE/WITW Development

(in reply to Baris)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Logistics Phase Event Log Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI