Matrix Games Forums

Warhammer - Weapons of WarFlashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm gets huge update and a Steam release!Battle Academy 2 opens up a new front!Flashpoint Campaigns Featured on weekly Streaming SessionFrontline: The Longest Day - New Screenshots!Deal of the Week: Hannibal Rome and CarthageFlashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm gets Players Edition!To End All Wars gets its first major patch! Hell is now available!War in the West Wacht am Rhein AAR
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Clarifying Factory Repair/Supply

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Clarifying Factory Repair/Supply Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Clarifying Factory Repair/Supply - 10/8/2012 6:21:49 PM   
Helldiver

Hi.
I am into week four of trying to manage the Japanese side vs. the AI. I have questions re: production/supply. I am playing Scen. 7 with the latest (Jan. 2012) version of AE. I have made some minor tweaks to aircraft/engine production. I have read previous threads and noted comments by Cuttlefish, Local Yokel and others about factory repair requirements and setting the attendant "draw" supply level. To clarify:

1. Is it still true that, for "damaged factories" (including those damaged by expansion/production changes) to repair, there is a floor requirement of 10,000 supply at that base for repairs to begin? This is in addition to any other inputs needed? This applies to all types of factories, not just aircraft producers?

2. If yes to 1, must the 10K be maintained for each daily turn in which repairs are desired or is it only a "start repair" necessity?

3. If all input requirements are met, will each base repair one and only one factory point per turn. One of each type of aircraft? Type of factory? Are there any other variables?

4. Some bases have a "max. draw" notation appear near the "draw supply" function... what does this mean, or, better, how is it calculated?

Is this info in the manual and where? If no, is there another source of this info, like Read Me's?

Regards to all,
the mostly lurking,
Helldiver
Post #: 1
RE: Clarifying Factory Repair/Supply - 10/8/2012 7:17:11 PM   
bk19@mweb.co.za

Hi Helldiver,

Q1: Yes it is true. All type of installations that can take damage can be repaired. e.g Naval yards, Merchant yards, Repair Yards.

Q2: Repairs will stop once available supply drops below 10,000.

Q3. According to my observation no more than 1 point of damage will be repaired per facility per day. Multiple facilities will be repaired if enough supply is available. It looks to me that it will cost 1,000 supply points per point repaired. For example, in the Reluctant Admiral scenario, when the Japanese capture Miri, they will generally capture a 300 point oil field and a 300 point refinery. The tough part here is that normally 150 points of damage has been suffered by each facility. Which in practice means at perfect levels of on hand supplies it will take 300,000 supply points to fix and 150 days to complete the work.

Q4: I will leave others to answer this question.

(in reply to Helldiver)
Post #: 2
RE: Clarifying Factory Repair/Supply - 10/8/2012 9:11:24 PM   
Helldiver

TNX bk19. I guess I am starting to get a handle on the IJ side so I may be a decently-prepared Japanese PBEM opponent in the future... still in school, though, as these questions demonstrate....

Helldiver

oh, yes... if anyone will comment on my q. #4 re "max. supply draw:" I suspect this is related to the hotkey 5 info, but I do not understand how... pls. explain... tnx

< Message edited by Helldiver -- 10/8/2012 9:16:19 PM >

(in reply to bk19@mweb.co.za)
Post #: 3
RE: Clarifying Factory Repair/Supply - 10/8/2012 10:05:07 PM   
CyrusSpitama

Are these factories repairs done in fractions? That is, do partial repairs accumulate and then suddenly you get more than one repaired in a turn? Let's say due to modifiers (if there are any other than supplies present and repairs on) a yield of 1.05 is repaired for consecutive turns. It has seemed to me I have gotten more than 1 repaired in a turn, but that could be bad memory since it is rare to do more than a few (busy)turns in a sitting.

"I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." - Arthur C. Clarke

(in reply to Helldiver)
Post #: 4
RE: Clarifying Factory Repair/Supply - 10/9/2012 12:54:35 AM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: Helldiver

Hi.
I am into week four of trying to manage the Japanese side vs. the AI. I have questions re: production/supply. I am playing Scen. 7 with the latest (Jan. 2012) version of AE. I have made some minor tweaks to aircraft/engine production. I have read previous threads and noted comments by Cuttlefish, Local Yokel and others about factory repair requirements and setting the attendant "draw" supply level. To clarify:

1. Is it still true that, for "damaged factories" (including those damaged by expansion/production changes) to repair, there is a floor requirement of 10,000 supply at that base for repairs to begin? This is in addition to any other inputs needed? This applies to all types of factories, not just aircraft producers?

There are no other inputs. More than 10K at base.
quote:

2. If yes to 1, must the 10K be maintained for each daily turn in which repairs are desired or is it only a "start repair" necessity?

Yes 10K each turn.
quote:

3. If all input requirements are met, will each base repair one and only one factory point per turn. One of each type of aircraft? Type of factory? Are there any other variables?

No all factories will repair (except R&D which have other checks)
quote:

4. Some bases have a "max. draw" notation appear near the "draw supply" function... what does this mean, or, better, how is it calculated?

Is this info in the manual and where? If no, is there another source of this info, like Read Me's?

Regards to all,
the mostly lurking,
Helldiver

Not sure what you are talking about here... screen shot?
1. The draw function will draw an additional 3 to 4x the supply required (you have set) to the base.

Is this what you want to know ?

-Damian-
EconDoc
TrackerAE
Tutes&Java

(in reply to Helldiver)
Post #: 5
RE: Clarifying Factory Repair/Supply - 10/9/2012 12:28:30 PM   
Helldiver

Thank you for the responses, Damian. I am incapable of creating a screen shot.
In my game, on the base screen of more remote bases (like interior Burma e.g.) a notation will appear in parentheses to the right of the "Supply" figure. It says something like "(max draw 450)." I assume this means the max amt. of supply that can reach that hex per turn? I was asking what was the basis of that #. How is it calculated? How might I anticipate the "load" a particular hex might carry in terms of troops located there?

Regards,
Helldiver

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 6
RE: Clarifying Factory Repair/Supply - 10/9/2012 1:52:09 PM   
Alfred

quote:

ORIGINAL: Helldiver

Thank you for the responses, Damian. I am incapable of creating a screen shot.
In my game, on the base screen of more remote bases (like interior Burma e.g.) a notation will appear in parentheses to the right of the "Supply" figure. It says something like "(max draw 450)." I assume this means the max amt. of supply that can reach that hex per turn? I was asking what was the basis of that #. How is it calculated? How might I anticipate the "load" a particular hex might carry in terms of troops located there?

Regards,
Helldiver

That is the impact of the monsoon season.

Several threads deal with the monsoon. Read Balckhorse's (a dev) post in this thread.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2601303&mpage=1&key=burma%2Cmonsoon�

For overall supply consumption do a search for my "Logistics 101" guide.

Alfred

(in reply to Helldiver)
Post #: 7
RE: Clarifying Factory Repair/Supply - 10/9/2012 4:28:14 PM   
Helldiver

Thank you, Alfred. Your Logistics 101 is, of course, part of my game notes folder. I have added to that folder the game notes from Blackhorse per your link above. Now it makes sense. I am sure I have read something about monsoon effects but the little gray cells were insufficiently sticky.

Regards,
Helldiver

(in reply to Alfred)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Clarifying Factory Repair/Supply Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI