Matrix Games Forums

War in the West Manual previewThe fight for Armageddon begins! The Matrix Holiday sales are starting today! Warhammer - Weapons of WarFlashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm gets huge update and a Steam release!Battle Academy 2 opens up a new front!Flashpoint Campaigns Featured on weekly Streaming SessionFrontline: The Longest Day - New Screenshots!Deal of the Week: Hannibal Rome and CarthageFlashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm gets Players Edition!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

US Marines air HQs in DaBigBabes

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> US Marines air HQs in DaBigBabes Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
US Marines air HQs in DaBigBabes - 10/8/2012 2:42:49 PM   
Yaab

DaBigBabes A, scenario 28

As Allies, I have four US Marines air HQs (11th MAG, 2nd Marine, 21st MAG and 1st Marine) on 8 December, 1941. Closer examination of their leaders reveal that thier air skill is dismal (7,9,17 and 31 respectively). There are no good leaders to replace them, and new leaders with good stats arrive in 144 days. Is it done on purpose to reflect the initial indolence of US Marines air force?
Post #: 1
RE: US Marines air HQs in DaBigBabes - 10/8/2012 11:01:35 PM   
jcjordan

Can't say for sure as I've not played the mod but if they're random created leaders, they're always crappy due to the program. Even when a experienced pilot becomes leader of an air unit though replacing a previous leader though loss, etc his leadership & inspiration skills are crap. Anything created randomly by the computer will always have crappy stats regardless of use.

(in reply to Yaab)
Post #: 2
RE: US Marines air HQs in DaBigBabes - 10/9/2012 2:49:39 PM   
Yaab

Jcjordan, these guys are HQ leaders, not airgroup leaders. How does a guy with air skill of 7 coordinate bombers with fighters or help launch as many bombers/recons as possible? I wanted those HQ on the frontlines but right now they can only be parked in Continental US.

(in reply to jcjordan)
Post #: 3
RE: US Marines air HQs in DaBigBabes - 10/9/2012 6:07:09 PM   
US87891

quote:

ORIGINAL: Yaab

Jcjordan, these guys are HQ leaders, not airgroup leaders. How does a guy with air skill of 7 coordinate bombers with fighters or help launch as many bombers/recons as possible? I wanted those HQ on the frontlines but right now they can only be parked in Continental US.

For people who read Section 7.2.1.5 Air HQs and Air Missions in the manual, these crappy little MAG HQs are there to give Navy and USMC TB squadrons a source for torp replacements and to help avoid the 10% strike mission penalty, no matter how crappy the random leader. But this is people who have figured out what HQs actually do in the game.

If you think all your HQs should have a Boyington to command then either 1, use the editor and make some, or 2, park all your MAG HQs in Boise .

(in reply to Yaab)
Post #: 4
RE: US Marines air HQs in DaBigBabes - 10/9/2012 6:57:43 PM   
Yaab

Oh yes, I forgot about the torpedoes. So an HQ leader's air skill has no bearing on how well he performs the functions listed in 7.2.1.5? I have assumed you must put leaders with a decent skill level of 50 points or more for the things to work.

(in reply to US87891)
Post #: 5
RE: US Marines air HQs in DaBigBabes - 10/9/2012 11:05:54 PM   
jcjordan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Yaab

Point was that any random leader created by the program would have crappy stats from a LTJG commanding a PT boat to a theater HQ commander hence why you see such low skills for him. If the leader was created by the DBB group then they might need to revisit his ratings.

(in reply to Yaab)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> US Marines air HQs in DaBigBabes Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI