Matrix Games Forums

New screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold Ask Buzz Aldrin!Pike & Shot gets Release Date and Twitch Session!Deal of the Week Espana 1936War in the West coming in December!Space Program Manager will be launching on Steam
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Question about PBEM and Multiplayer.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Panzer Command: Ostfront >> Question about PBEM and Multiplayer. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Question about PBEM and Multiplayer. - 10/8/2012 9:40:21 AM   
Charly G

I'm surprised by the lack of people asking a game in the "Opponents Wanted" forum.
Many people like PCO and forums have good activity.
I've read the help about PBEM and Multiplayer in PCO by Junk2drive (thanks to him) and I would like to know if a PBEM++ (the new server-based PBEM system for challenges and easy turn exchange), just like the one in BA, WITE, DCCB could be adjusted to PCO with a patch or for the next game. I think It will be a big advantage in order to play games against opponents.

< Message edited by Charly G -- 10/8/2012 9:42:30 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Question about PBEM and Multiplayer. - 10/8/2012 4:32:54 PM   
Rick

quote:

ORIGINAL: Charly G

I'm surprised by the lack of people asking a game in the "Opponents Wanted" forum.
Many people like PCO and forums have good activity.
I've read the help about PBEM and Multiplayer in PCO by Junk2drive (thanks to him) and I would like to know if a PBEM++ (the new server-based PBEM system for challenges and easy turn exchange), just like the one in BA, WITE, DCCB could be adjusted to PCO with a patch or for the next game. I think It will be a big advantage in order to play games against opponents.

Charly G,

That is certainly something that could be considered with the next game in the series. Perhaps as an option in addition to the existing methods. The method Stridor incorporated into PCO for using online shared file repository really simplified the PBEM experience as far as making it virtually instantaneous and was the first time I had seen the technique used for a wargame. But it does lack any tools for finding opponents.

Thanks!
rick

(in reply to Charly G)
Post #: 2
RE: Question about PBEM and Multiplayer. - 10/8/2012 8:38:04 PM   
Richie61

I am old school. I would really have it as PBEM or as PCO scheme. I have BA & PC and their server deal is ok, but having the old PBEM system too would be really nice too.
Sadly, there isn't that many people out there playing PCO I have tried to talk a bunch of people into the demo or buying the game when it was on sale, but nobody would
do it. They all wanted that other title by the other place.

The current PCO deal is "cool beans"

To fight and conquer in all our battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.

Sun Tzu

(in reply to Rick)
Post #: 3
RE: Question about PBEM and Multiplayer. - 10/8/2012 10:50:33 PM   
Charly G

Richie,
Are you sure there is not many people playing PCO in solo mode ?
It's a good game with a different approach compared with CM2 and it's the only one of this type for the East Front. But the lack of any tools to find opponents is a big problem.

Rick,
Thanks for your fast reply.

(in reply to Richie61)
Post #: 4
RE: Question about PBEM and Multiplayer. - 10/9/2012 1:58:51 AM   
k9mike

If you have Dropbox set up I would be willing to play a game with you. ;)
Give me a PM and will give you nickname and email...
Mike

(in reply to Charly G)
Post #: 5
RE: Question about PBEM and Multiplayer. - 10/9/2012 3:59:44 AM   
Richie61

Charly G,

I was talking about MP. I can't speak for solo play. I own both games plus others! PCO is a great game IMO.

Google drive works great for PCO MP games.

There are a few of us with a PCO ladder here:
http://ww2wargamesclubforgentlemen.com/Home.php

To fight and conquer in all our battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.

Sun Tzu

(in reply to Charly G)
Post #: 6
RE: Question about PBEM and Multiplayer. - 10/9/2012 7:53:33 AM   
Charly G

K9mike and Richie61,
Thanks for your kindness.
For the moment, I've playing many games with different wargames and I don't have a problem to find an opponent.
I've written a new topic in the PCO forums, because I was surprised by the lack of people asking a game in the "Opponents Wanted" forum and I've thought it was a problem for many other players (sorry if I'm wrong). I like this game and I try to find some ideas in order to get a more important community for PCO.

< Message edited by Charly G -- 10/9/2012 7:57:39 AM >

(in reply to Richie61)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Panzer Command: Ostfront >> Question about PBEM and Multiplayer. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI