Matrix Games Forums

War in the West gets its first update!Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm version 2.08 is now available!Command gets huge update!Order of Battle: Pacific Featured on Weekly Streaming SessionA new fight for Battle Academy!Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager is out for Mac!The definitive wargame of the Western Front is out now! War in the West gets teaser trailer and Twitch Stream!New Preview AAR for War in the West!War in the West Manual preview
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Tutorial text

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Scourge of War Series >> Tutorial text Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Tutorial text - 10/7/2012 9:35:53 PM   
Cougar_DK

Hi,

I'm on tutorial 4, the cavalry tutorial and there is a lot of text and info that I need to take in. But closing the dialog loses the text so I'm wondering if the text is available somewhere in the games files and could be printed or put into a pdf file for viewing on my iPad/second screen?

Thanks in advance
Mark

Cougars Corner
Post #: 1
RE: Tutorial text - 10/7/2012 11:56:06 PM   
RebBugler

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cougar_DK

Hi,

I'm on tutorial 4, the cavalry tutorial and there is a lot of text and info that I need to take in. But closing the dialog loses the text so I'm wondering if the text is available somewhere in the games files and could be printed or put into a pdf file for viewing on my iPad/second screen?

Thanks in advance
Mark

I'll relay this requst.

Designer - Scourge of War

(in reply to Cougar_DK)
Post #: 2
RE: Tutorial text - 10/8/2012 1:08:16 AM   
MarchingThruGeorgia

Do you mean this?

Mounted cavalry is a powerful force on the battlefield, and when used correctly, will lead to many victories. Correct use of cavalry during engagements include:

-Limiting galloping (run), maintain as fresh a fatigue level as possible

-Maintain and control engagement distance: Due to the aggressive nature of cavalry, when not fatigued (Tired), they will automatically charge any enemy unit within 100 yards.

-Control pursuit: If a mounted charge is successful, the enemy will retreat, and pursuit will result. Pursuit will continue until the fatigue level 'Tired' is reached. At this point, dismount and fire will follow. To keep units from pursuing too deep into enemy lines, a manual 'Retreat' or 'Getaway' is optional.
Dismounted cavalry is quite the opposite. Characteristics include:

-Retreat when within 75 yards of the enemy and avoid melees in most cases. This is because they lack bayonets and sabers. When melees are forced, they use their weapons as clubs.

-No charge capabilities, charge is gone from the toolbar
-No cavalry screening capabilities, these are also gone from the toolbar
-Strength number does not change because they stay dismounted
-When dismounted on the brigade level, single lines will be the default.

Secession is futile.

(in reply to RebBugler)
Post #: 3
RE: Tutorial text - 10/8/2012 2:45:50 PM   
Cougar_DK

quote:

ORIGINAL: MarchingThruGeorgia

Do you mean this?

Mounted cavalry is a powerful force on the battlefield, and when used correctly, will lead to many victories. Correct use of cavalry during engagements include:

-Limiting galloping (run), maintain as fresh a fatigue level as possible

-Maintain and control engagement distance: Due to the aggressive nature of cavalry, when not fatigued (Tired), they will automatically charge any enemy unit within 100 yards.

-Control pursuit: If a mounted charge is successful, the enemy will retreat, and pursuit will result. Pursuit will continue until the fatigue level 'Tired' is reached. At this point, dismount and fire will follow. To keep units from pursuing too deep into enemy lines, a manual 'Retreat' or 'Getaway' is optional.
Dismounted cavalry is quite the opposite. Characteristics include:

-Retreat when within 75 yards of the enemy and avoid melees in most cases. This is because they lack bayonets and sabers. When melees are forced, they use their weapons as clubs.

-No charge capabilities, charge is gone from the toolbar
-No cavalry screening capabilities, these are also gone from the toolbar
-Strength number does not change because they stay dismounted
-When dismounted on the brigade level, single lines will be the default.

Yes

Is is freely available in a file or something?

Cougars Corner

(in reply to MarchingThruGeorgia)
Post #: 4
RE: Tutorial text - 10/8/2012 3:21:29 PM   
RebBugler

Yes, in the SDK/Test/Sowdoc file...a rather raw text form. The SDK is available for DL separately.

Designer - Scourge of War

(in reply to Cougar_DK)
Post #: 5
RE: Tutorial text - 10/8/2012 9:20:04 PM   
Cougar_DK

quote:

ORIGINAL: RebBugler

Yes, in the SDK/Test/Sowdoc file...a rather raw text form. The SDK is available for DL separately.

Thanks,

I will try it out

Cougars Corner

(in reply to RebBugler)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Scourge of War Series >> Tutorial text Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI