Hitman's asked some interesting ?'s. Hope those who know can answer for the lazy types like me that push tokens around.
But here are my naive guesses:
1. Contact w/enemy should increse attrition. 2nd attack in one cycle should increase attrition, although battle algorithms are the dominant factors.
2. Certainly should, like those undamaged cities and shun those exposed mountains & swamps.
3. Location to HQs & their services should mitigate attrition; proportionally, maybe not linear, etc.
4. Some MPs used represent support unit assignments and HQs changes that should not affect attrition. (Are there others?)
5. What would force density do? Think there's a lot of room in a 10x10 mile space for everyone's billets.
6. Should be.
7. Run to the cities, fortesses, or any fortified zone. Make sure that no unnecessary movements take place. Or, as Adolph ordered, "Stille stand!"
Never really challenged the attrition losses for either side, but would expect that Soviets are worse in early years.
Great questions. Hope one who knows answers.