Matrix Games Forums

Characters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Deal of the Week: Combat Command Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer CorpsNew Strategy Titles Join the FamilyTablet Version of Qvadriga gets new patch
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Whats the difference in game?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Scourge of War Series >> Whats the difference in game? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Whats the difference in game? - 10/6/2012 11:24:30 PM   
jakla1027

So i have an old PC game called Take Command 2nd Manassas (thats 5+ years old now i think), thus Im wondering what the differences are between that game and the new Scourge of War Series game? Based on the screen shots from Scourge of war thier doesnt seem to be any diffrences. Yes i relize that each game covers different battles, but is thier anything different regarding the game engine, graphics, play style, (game controls, user interface) and so on so forth between Take Command 2nd Manassas, and Scourge of War games?

Thanks if anyone can give me info regarding this subject
Post #: 1
RE: Whats the difference in game? - 10/7/2012 12:53:03 AM   
Garnier

Some that come to mind:

1. Multiplayer with two to twenty players at once. (more is possible, 22 is highest we've seen yet)
2. Bigger maps (TC2M maps were slightly less than 2.5 miles square, SOW maps are 2.5, 5 or 10 miles square.)
3. Closer scale. (1:10 TC2M scale vs 1:4 SOW scale.)
4. Better AI
5. Game replays to watch later
6. Possibility to create persistent campaigns in SOW.
7. More orders and commands
8. More realistic gameplay
9. Better graphics (screenshot comparison below)

< Message edited by Garnier -- 10/7/2012 12:54:54 AM >

(in reply to jakla1027)
Post #: 2
RE: Whats the difference in game? - 10/7/2012 2:22:54 AM   
RebBugler

10. SOW's engine provides for any sprite ratio, 1:1 being the most realistic - one man falls, one kill is registered

11. Modifications with SOW are more intuitive (user friendly) and thorough compared with TC2M. A whole new game can be composed within one modification. TC2M is more complicated to learn and can not include maps within battle designs. Presently there are scores, if not hundreds of TC2M mods that are unplayable because of incompatible designing techniques.

12. TC2M does have one advantage presently, map making. SOW will open this capability once the major battles of the ACW are released officially and published.

13. SOW is supported by the original coder, some of the original team, and has included additional international artists, technicians, and designers to the team. TC2M is not supported and is not assisted by any of the original design team. It does have a loyal group of modders and dedicated fans who luv the heck out of it. Who wouldn't, it's SOW's roots, but SOW has moved on.

14. SOW's engine is somewhat similar, but has been rebuilt in many areas, having progressed by learning from TC2M's deficiencies.

< Message edited by RebBugler -- 10/7/2012 2:23:40 AM >

Designer - Scourge of War

(in reply to Garnier)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Scourge of War Series >> Whats the difference in game? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI