Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week Battle Academy Battle Academy 2 Out now!Legions of Steel ready for betaBattle Academy 2 gets trailers and Steam page!Deal of the Week Germany at WarSlitherine Group acquires Shenandoah StudioNew information and screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Pride of NationsTo End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers required
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Any chance of expansion in 2013/150 year anniversery?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Any chance of expansion in 2013/150 year anniversery? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Any chance of expansion in 2013/150 year anniversery? - 10/6/2012 9:07:21 AM   
battlegroundvehicles

Since we are coming up on the 150 year middle of the Civil War
anniversery will Matrix be releasing any expansion/patch for FOF?
It is one of the most fun to play and easiest to learn games on the
US ACW.

I would like to see some of the suggestions made in the wish list
as well as having Army/Corps names instead of leader names so
Armies can be shown.

Also Longstreet should begin as a Corps commander and few if
any leaders can be upgraded in the CSA Army right away at game
start.

Please lets see an update! My wife's Great Grand Uncle is Gen. J.F.
Reynolds, commander I Corps, Army of the Potomac and my brothers
wife is a direct decendent of CSA General Hoke.

thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great game
Tim
Post #: 1
RE: Any chance of expansion in 2013/150 year anniversery? - 10/8/2012 7:54:53 PM   
gchristie

Looks unlikely as the dev's energies seem to be directed here http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tt.asp?forumid=808

They say an expansion of FoF will require a new engine and they think it unlikely that they would realize the return on the investment.

< Message edited by gchristie -- 10/8/2012 8:01:39 PM >

(in reply to battlegroundvehicles)
Post #: 2
RE: Any chance of expansion in 2013/150 year anniversery? - 10/29/2012 10:12:07 AM   
terje439

quote:

ORIGINAL: battlegroundvehicles
few if any leaders can be upgraded in the CSA Army right away at game
start.

Just wanted to point out a few things here;
1. There should be a few 2star general appointments available at start
2. You have some 3 star generals that are not even worth a 2 star, demote them, this frees up their rank for other officers.

Terje

Yeay, back in the computer age!

(in reply to battlegroundvehicles)
Post #: 3
RE: Any chance of expansion in 2013/150 year anniversery? - 11/4/2012 1:51:43 PM   
Gil R.

ghristie already gave what would have been my response, but I guess I can cryptically add that WCS has ideas for other Civil War games, too. And no disagreement that a FOF expansion would be great to see -- it just isn't practical yet.

Michael Jordan plays ball. Charles Manson kills people. I torment eager potential customers by not sharing screenshots of "Brother Against Brother." Everyone has a talent.

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 4
RE: Any chance of expansion in 2013/150 year anniversery? - 12/21/2012 5:14:28 PM   
ericbabe

I had a lot of fun making FOF, and it would be great fun to make an expansion. The sad thing is that a lot of people don't seem to want to buy a game using an engine that has fixed resolution anymore. This wasn't so much of a problem when FOF was released -- we had a few complaints about it, but I think most of our customers were still using 1024x768 displays then. So I'd love to do an expansion for FOF, but I just worry that it wouldn't appeal to enough people to make it worth-while, which is a euphemism for "Eric doesn't lose money doing it."

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 5
RE: Any chance of expansion in 2013/150 year anniversery? - 12/28/2012 11:59:52 PM   
Gil R.

To clarify Eric's point, resolution isn't something that can be changed by going to one part of the code -- it's something that would require numerous changes, and take an enormous amount of effort.

The good news is that we would certainly like to make a new version of FOF someday, so we will not rule out such a thing.

Michael Jordan plays ball. Charles Manson kills people. I torment eager potential customers by not sharing screenshots of "Brother Against Brother." Everyone has a talent.

(in reply to ericbabe)
Post #: 6
RE: Any chance of expansion in 2013/150 year anniversery? - 3/29/2013 1:18:34 PM   
H Gilmer

Also, may be off topic in a sense, but Ageod (Who I think still partners with Matrix) is supposed to release Ageod American Civil War 2 sometime this year which will probably be a great addition to any library on Civil War.

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Any chance of expansion in 2013/150 year anniversery? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI