Matrix Games Forums

Space Program Manager unveils its multiplayer modes Another update for Commander: The Great War!Distant Worlds: Universe gets a new updateDeal of the Week: Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich Advanced Tactics Gold is coming to SteamMatrix Games now speaks German!A little bit of history with To End All WarsBattle Academy 2 gets a release date!Reinforcements on the Frontline!New shipping cost for European territories!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Scumbag Game

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Scumbag Game Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Scumbag Game - 10/5/2012 9:36:17 PM   
Red_Dwarf

Allows you to start building a Monitoring Base.

Doesn't tell you that you are lacking certain resources and /or tech necessary to complete it.
Post #: 1
RE: Scumbag Game - 10/6/2012 12:51:10 PM   
adecoy95

it can take a VERY long time to build deep space stations, i would recommend taking a less micro approach to this scumbag game.

(in reply to Red_Dwarf)
Post #: 2
RE: Scumbag Game - 10/6/2012 5:23:35 PM   
Tophat1812

Any chance we can ditch the scumbag game reference please? If not no need to respond its simply a request.

(in reply to adecoy95)
Post #: 3
RE: Scumbag Game - 10/6/2012 6:23:43 PM   
Red_Dwarf

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tophat1812

Any chance we can ditch the scumbag game reference please? If not no need to respond its simply a request.

I was trying to refer to the meme, no offense was intended.

(in reply to Tophat1812)
Post #: 4
RE: Scumbag Game - 10/6/2012 7:52:18 PM   
WoodMan

lol, we're all too old for memes here mate!

"My body may be confined to this chair, but my mind is free to explore the universe" - Stephen Hawking

(in reply to Red_Dwarf)
Post #: 5
RE: Scumbag Game - 10/6/2012 8:06:28 PM   
ehsumrell1

+1

Shields are useless in "The Briar Patch"...

(in reply to WoodMan)
Post #: 6
RE: Scumbag Game - 10/7/2012 2:51:10 AM   
Darkspire

quote:

ORIGINAL: WoodMan

Lost me ...

meme
noun
a cultural item that is transmitted by repetition in a manner analogous to the biological transmission of genes.

Darkspire

Darkspires's File Repository

Dual Core E4500 2.20GHz - GeForce 8800GT (1gb) - XP 32bit 4gb with a 3gb twist and a shaking of PAE

(in reply to WoodMan)
Post #: 7
RE: Scumbag Game - 10/7/2012 3:49:26 AM   
pipewrench

I got it Red_Dwarf no worries. edit: lol so hard I spilled my coffee!
--

Hates your guts

pays you full price for a technology they really do not need.

--

http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/6hdx/

Historically, a meme is a discrete "package of culture" that would travel via word of mouth, usually as a mesmerizing story, a fable/parable, a joke, or an expression of speech. Today, memes travel much faster than simple speech. As internet email forwards, instant messages, and web page links, memes now travel instantly via the Internet.

< Message edited by pipewrench -- 10/7/2012 3:50:57 AM >

(in reply to Darkspire)
Post #: 8
RE: Scumbag Game - 10/7/2012 4:09:57 AM   
Darkspire

quote:

ORIGINAL: pipewrench

--

Hates your guts

--

Historically, a meme is a discrete "package of culture" that would travel via word of mouth, usually as a mesmerizing story, a fable/parable, a joke, or an expression of speech. Today, memes travel much faster than simple speech. As internet email forwards, instant messages, and web page links, memes now travel instantly via the Internet.

Just couldnt get the reference to ...

quote:

Darkspire

Dual Core E4500 2.20GHz - GeForce 8800GT (1gb) - XP 32bit 4gb with a 3gb twist and a shaking of PAE

(in reply to pipewrench)
Post #: 9
RE: Scumbag Game - 10/7/2012 4:10:34 PM   
Shark7

quote:

ORIGINAL: Darkspire

quote:

ORIGINAL: pipewrench

--

Hates your guts

--

Just couldnt get the reference to ...

quote:

Darkspire

Don't feel bad, I still have no clue what they are referring to.

Distant Worlds Fan

'When in doubt...attack!'

(in reply to Darkspire)
Post #: 10
RE: Scumbag Game - 10/7/2012 6:42:48 PM   
Darkspire

quote:

Don't feel bad, I still have no clue what they are referring to

I knew what the word meant, it was the context it was used in by Woodman that got me

Think it boils down down to, the OP dude was pissed because DW scuppered his master plans, someone got the hump with the replies followed by some bright spark masking it all with obscure wording ... I think (Im blonde, large and the goldfish has a higher IQ than me)

Darkspire

< Message edited by Darkspire -- 10/7/2012 6:47:04 PM >

(in reply to Shark7)
Post #: 11
RE: Scumbag Game - 10/7/2012 9:15:08 PM   
WoodMan

loool, I think what I said stands true by the amount of confusion on show here. The "modern" (i.e. facebook generation) use the word to describe some silly photo online with big white writing across it. They usually don't last more than a few weeks and there are millions of them so I guess by the dictionary definition they are not really memes

< Message edited by WoodMan -- 10/7/2012 9:16:00 PM >

"My body may be confined to this chair, but my mind is free to explore the universe" - Stephen Hawking

(in reply to Darkspire)
Post #: 12
RE: Scumbag Game - 10/7/2012 9:47:32 PM   
Shark7

quote:

ORIGINAL: WoodMan

loool, I think what I said stands true by the amount of confusion on show here. The "modern" (i.e. facebook generation) use the word to describe some silly photo online with big white writing across it. They usually don't last more than a few weeks and there are millions of them so I guess by the dictionary definition they are not really memes

OK, I've seen those. Though I'd never heard them referred to that way before. Then again, I am a grumpy old man, so its not surprising.

Distant Worlds Fan

(in reply to WoodMan)
Post #: 13
RE: Scumbag Game - 10/7/2012 11:42:41 PM   
Tophat1812

quote:

ORIGINAL: Darkspire

quote:

Don't feel bad, I still have no clue what they are referring to

I knew what the word meant, it was the context it was used in by Woodman that got me

Think it boils down down to, the OP dude was pissed because DW scuppered his master plans, someone got the hump with the replies followed by some bright spark masking it all with obscure wording ... I think (Im blonde, large and the goldfish has a higher IQ than me)

Darkspire

Someone got the hump? Sheesh I was polite as can be just in case I had misunderstood something. The title of the thread: "scumbag game" is what I questioned. As to all the obscure talk after i still have no idea whats being conveyed,but who cares.........scumbag game thread keeps staying right up at the top of the forum. Wish i'd never responded............

(in reply to Darkspire)
Post #: 14
RE: Scumbag Game - 10/8/2012 5:05:55 AM   
Darkspire

quote:

Someone got the hump? Sheesh I was polite as can be just in case I had misunderstood something. The title of the thread: "scumbag game" is what I questioned. As to all the obscure talk after i still have no idea whats being conveyed,but who cares.........scumbag game thread keeps staying right up at the top of the forum. Wish i'd never responded

No offence meant, honest. Just when I saw this post the first time I thought it was going to be a fun one to follow, the posts from all the folks on here just shows the depth of this little community of ours, it was all meant to be taken with a pinch of salt as it were. Everyone gets a bad day sometimes and just posts it (resources anyone?), thought it was great how a tricky post was turned into something that ended up quite light hearted.

Darkspire

(in reply to Tophat1812)
Post #: 15
RE: Scumbag Game - 10/8/2012 11:37:50 AM   
Brainsucker

Honestly, I don't know what it's mean with Scumbag game. Someone can explain it?

(in reply to Darkspire)
Post #: 16
RE: Scumbag Game - 10/8/2012 11:40:40 AM   
Bingeling

Silly images posting as memes besides.

When I read the original post, I was thinking the silly game allowed him to build an AN designed monitoring station with no long range scanner. Which is a pretty useless, and I think they could be available without the scanner tech.

Which makes the game scumbag due to tricking him into building something useless.

(in reply to Darkspire)
Post #: 17
RE: Scumbag Game - 10/8/2012 12:28:07 PM   
Red_Dwarf

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bingeling

When I read the original post, I was thinking the silly game allowed him to build an AN designed monitoring station with no long range scanner. Which is a pretty useless, and I think they could be available without the scanner tech.

Which makes the game scumbag due to tricking him into building something useless.

Precisely.

(in reply to Bingeling)
Post #: 18
RE: Scumbag Game - 10/8/2012 3:15:54 PM   
Shark7

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bingeling

You know, you should not be able to build a station that doesn't meet its own minimum equipment requirements. That I agree with.

The complaint could have been delivered with more tact though.

Distant Worlds Fan

(in reply to Bingeling)
Post #: 19
RE: Scumbag Game - 10/8/2012 3:23:47 PM   
w1p

i understand the reference immediately and thought it was funny :)

(in reply to Shark7)
Post #: 20
RE: Scumbag Game - 10/8/2012 6:30:10 PM   
Tophat1812

I finally understand it now..............ooops

(in reply to w1p)
Post #: 21
RE: Scumbag Game - 10/8/2012 7:06:53 PM   
Red_Dwarf

I've requested that my "monitoring stations" be upgraded to the latest model, because as they are now they have no LRS. Which programmer thought it was a good idea to be able to build MOS's before discovering LRS?

(in reply to Tophat1812)
Post #: 22
RE: Scumbag Game - 10/8/2012 7:57:03 PM   
Bingeling

The AI should not provide monitoring stations until long range scanners are unlocked. Certain ship types are delayed until some tech/size is available already.

And I agree that the original post could have been somewhat more straight forward...

(in reply to Red_Dwarf)
Post #: 23
RE: Scumbag Game - 10/8/2012 8:26:08 PM   
Igard

Going a bit off topic...

Red_Dwarf, what did you think of the new episode of Red Dwarf that aired the other night?

The Picard Era for Distant Worlds

Igard's Romulan Stormbird

(in reply to Bingeling)
Post #: 24
RE: Scumbag Game - 10/8/2012 8:29:49 PM   
tjhkkr

Darkspire

I cannot understand a word you said; does this mean I have an IQ lower than a goldfish?
Am I looking up at a goldfish's shoes or -- in this case -- fins?

Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.

(in reply to Bingeling)
Post #: 25
RE: Scumbag Game - 10/8/2012 8:52:29 PM   
danlongman

Everywhere I goes I sees this stupid toy castle.
I turns around..and there it is again!!
I knows I should remember something but....
Holy Crap!! A castle!! Sometimes I wishes there was
more to life but....WTF!!?? A Castle!!
I wonder why the light rays are distorted outside the...
Jumpin' Jehovah!! A Castle!!! Lucky that food comes
down from the distorted sky....A Castle!!! Wot's all this
then? Not a Castle?! Well bite me if it ain't!......A Castle!!
-Goldy in a former life

"Patriotism: Your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it." - George Bernard Shaw

(in reply to tjhkkr)
Post #: 26
RE: Scumbag Game - 10/8/2012 10:39:13 PM   
WoodMan

Loved series 1 to 6, didn't like 7 or 8 as much and so never saw the back to Earth stuff after all its bad reviews etc.

But... I did enjoy the series 10 episode, it was much better than I expected. More akin to series 3 thru 6 than 7 or 8 thankfully. Also, I like the way they didn't modernize the set too much and make it look all high tech, with the exception of the screens it was all similar to the 80s/90s style

I can't get used to Kryten with the wrinkly eyes, heh, Androids don't age!

< Message edited by WoodMan -- 10/8/2012 10:40:13 PM >

(in reply to Igard)
Post #: 27
RE: Scumbag Game - 10/9/2012 8:19:48 PM   
Igard

Cassandra was the only good episode of series 7/8. The rest were pretty bad. Series 1 & 2 were my favourites. Back to Earth just didn't feel right. This new episode did feel right!

I didn't really notice the wrinkles, but I noticed Kryten put on a few pounds! And Rimmer's hair! Lister and the Cat are the ones that seemed to age the least, and they're the living characters!

I enjoyed it. I didn't think it was quite as funny as the old ones, but it was really well done. Like you I was really pleased with the sets and the overall style. It was always about the interactions between the crew and it felt like they were going back to the old days with this.

I'm looking forward to more.

The Picard Era for Distant Worlds

Igard's Romulan Stormbird

(in reply to WoodMan)
Post #: 28
RE: Scumbag Game - 10/10/2012 2:05:12 AM   
Shark7

quote:

ORIGINAL: Igard

Cassandra was the only good episode of series 7/8. The rest were pretty bad. Series 1 & 2 were my favourites. Back to Earth just didn't feel right. This new episode did feel right!

I didn't really notice the wrinkles, but I noticed Kryten put on a few pounds! And Rimmer's hair! Lister and the Cat are the ones that seemed to age the least, and they're the living characters!

I enjoyed it. I didn't think it was quite as funny as the old ones, but it was really well done. Like you I was really pleased with the sets and the overall style. It was always about the interactions between the crew and it felt like they were going back to the old days with this.

I'm looking forward to more.

Man I miss that show, the station around here that was broadcasting it quit.

Distant Worlds Fan

(in reply to Igard)
Post #: 29
RE: Scumbag Game - 10/22/2012 10:17:58 AM   
jpwrunyan

Holy cow! New Red Dwarf episodes!? No one tells me anything.

Season 1&2 are my favorites.

(in reply to Shark7)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Scumbag Game Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI