Matrix Games Forums

Battle Academy Mega Pack releases on SteamDeal of the Week Da Vinci's Art of WarCivil War II Patch 1.4 public BetaHappy Easter!Battle Academy is now available on SteamPlayers compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and SaluteLegends of War goes on sale!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Sertorius...Superstar!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Alea Jacta Est Series >> Sertorius...Superstar! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Sertorius...Superstar! - 10/4/2012 3:02:15 AM   
mikeCK

Man, I just cannot battle Sertorius is Spain playing the Romans in the Mithriadic war scenario. I can widdle down his forces over time but I lose so many legionnaires that my national moral plummets. That makes it hard to make money and raise replacements. Any good strategies? Should I warm up on Pontis until my troops get experience? Can I do that and keep Sertorius out of Gaul?
Post #: 1
RE: Sertorius...Superstar! - 10/4/2012 3:45:00 AM   
wodin

This has been mentioned a few times over at the Ageod forums. I think some things are being looked at for the upcoming patch.

My Tactical wargame facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/Tacticalwargame

(in reply to mikeCK)
Post #: 2
RE: Sertorius...Superstar! - 10/4/2012 6:43:36 AM   
76mm

This is interesting. I seem to recall that in fact the Romans could not defeat Sertorius in battle, despite many attempts, and that ultimately he was assasinated by one of his lieutentants. Does the game include the potential such perfidious acts?

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 3
RE: Sertorius...Superstar! - 10/4/2012 11:10:10 AM   
TulliusDetritus

Yep, Sertorius proved to be a tough bast*** And indeed he was assassinated. Oh well, many roads lead from A to B!

"When the seagulls follow a trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea" -- Eric Cantona, XX century philosopher

(in reply to 76mm)
Post #: 4
RE: Sertorius...Superstar! - 10/4/2012 3:08:21 PM   
mikeCK

I believe Sertorius was already losing by the time he died. Pompey had made significant progress. It is discussed on the AGEOD forum, but I was hoping to get a fresh take from matrix people that maybe don't post there.

(in reply to TulliusDetritus)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Alea Jacta Est Series >> Sertorius...Superstar! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI