Matrix Games Forums

Community impressions of To End All WarsAgeod's To End All Wars is now availableTo End All Wars is now available!Deal of the Week: Field of GloryTo End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!Ageod's To End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!To End All Wars: Artillery Battle Academy 2: Eastern Front - End of Early Access Space Program Manager unveils its multiplayer modes Another update for Commander: The Great War!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

OT Star Wars?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> OT Star Wars? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
OT Star Wars? - 10/4/2012 2:56:15 AM   
Footslogger

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tBM2ZfncoU&feature=g-all-lik

Recommended that you watch in full 1080p.

Tell me what you think

< Message edited by Footslogger -- 10/4/2012 4:09:27 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: OT Star Wars? - 10/4/2012 3:25:38 AM   
ctangus

Cello Wars

(in reply to Footslogger)
Post #: 2
RE: OT Star Wars? - 10/4/2012 11:19:11 AM   
Gräfin Zeppelin

I am a Star Wars purist who loathes almost everything they published about SW in the last years. That said this small flick was decent and compared to the stuff they usually publish it was GOLD.

(in reply to ctangus)
Post #: 3
RE: OT Star Wars? - 10/4/2012 2:37:25 PM   
Shark7

Hmm, now I'm thinking the new mod, WiTP: AE Star Wars.

And honestly, it might actually be doable.

Distant Worlds Fan

'When in doubt...attack!'

(in reply to Gräfin Zeppelin)
Post #: 4
RE: OT Star Wars? - 10/4/2012 7:59:24 PM   
Nikademus

Not a big fan of the new movies either, but i'm not in the Loathing catagory as some diehards are. Still....Definately not in the same leaque as the first 3. The attempt to explain the pre-history caused some serious DOH moments. Lucas' marketing gimic of including C3P0 and R2D2 as Anakin's companions was wacked. (really???? oh just explain it away with a memory wipe) Anakin came off as a whiny bastard who deserved to take a Lava bath. Further, if he was so dang powerful as the 2nd movie clearly kept emphasizing his getting owned by Obi_won came off making him look lame. I never seen this mentioned but the whole Clone Wars thing seems totally non-canon. Zahn's triogly clearly referred to the war in different terms as a war AGAINST clones not one USING them against some lame trade federation.

The part i liked? I thought they handled Palpitine's rise well aided by the fact that they could use the original actor without makeup without having to have a silly story.

The movies invariably degrade the first 3 with the Super_Samurai lightsaber martial artist Bruce Lee moves. God Luke Skywalker comes off lame now. And oh....the Darth Vader Obiwon fight looks like two kids with lightsabers now...(but was probably more realistic) Apparantly Lucas was a fan of the Youtube sensation "Jedi Kid"

and yes......Han shot first.

(in reply to Shark7)
Post #: 5
RE: OT Star Wars? - 10/4/2012 9:45:14 PM   
Commander Stormwolf

72 x X-Wing
36 x Y-Wing

approaching TF near Yavin IV

345 x Tie-Fighter

standing by on CAP

BB Death-Star Torpedo Hits 2, heavy damage

"No Enemy Survives Contact with the Plan" - Commander Stormwolf

(in reply to Footslogger)
Post #: 6
RE: OT Star Wars? - 10/4/2012 9:57:21 PM   
Gräfin Zeppelin

quote:

ORIGINAL: Commander Stormwolf

72 x X-Wing
36 x Y-Wing

345 x Tie-Fighter

standing by on CAP

(in reply to Commander Stormwolf)
Post #: 7
RE: OT Star Wars? - 10/4/2012 10:20:48 PM   
mikkey

Post #: 8
RE: OT Star Wars? - 10/5/2012 3:28:25 AM   
Justus2

quote:

72 x X-Wing
36 x Y-Wing

345 x Tie-Fighter

standing by on CAP

This game is BORKED!!

(of course, the Imperial Fan-Boys can complain about the Rebel SIGINT that gave away the Death-Star location... )

Currently Playing:
War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition (learning, not really playing ;) )
LST 325 Fanboy!

Post #: 9
RE: OT Star Wars? - 10/5/2012 6:46:58 PM   
SpitfireIX

quote:

72 8 x X-Wing
36 3 x Y-Wing

345 x Tie-Fighter

standing by on CAP

FTFY

"I know Japanese. He is very bad. And tricky. But we Americans too smart. We catch him and give him hell."

--Benny Sablan, crewman, USS Enterprise 12/7/41

Post #: 10
RE: OT Star Wars? - 10/6/2012 5:08:22 PM   
Ranger5355

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nikademus

Not a big fan of the new movies either, but i'm not in the Loathing catagory as some diehards are. Still....Definately not in the same leaque as the first 3. The attempt to explain the pre-history caused some serious DOH moments. Lucas' marketing gimic of including C3P0 and R2D2 as Anakin's companions was wacked. (really???? oh just explain it away with a memory wipe) Anakin came off as a whiny bastard who deserved to take a Lava bath. Further, if he was so dang powerful as the 2nd movie clearly kept emphasizing his getting owned by Obi_won came off making him look lame. I never seen this mentioned but the whole Clone Wars thing seems totally non-canon. Zahn's triogly clearly referred to the war in different terms as a war AGAINST clones not one USING them against some lame trade federation.

The part i liked? I thought they handled Palpitine's rise well aided by the fact that they could use the original actor without makeup without having to have a silly story.

The movies invariably degrade the first 3 with the Super_Samurai lightsaber martial artist Bruce Lee moves. God Luke Skywalker comes off lame now. And oh....the Darth Vader Obiwon fight looks like two kids with lightsabers now...(but was probably more realistic) Apparantly Lucas was a fan of the Youtube sensation "Jedi Kid"

I had a hard time suspending my disbelief that Yoda and that group of brilliant Jedi were too lame brained to notice Anakin was an a**hole

(in reply to Nikademus)
Post #: 11
RE: OT Star Wars? - 10/6/2012 5:25:01 PM   
Shark7

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ranger5355

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nikademus

I had a hard time suspending my disbelief that Yoda and that group of brilliant Jedi were too lame brained to notice Anakin was an a**hole

I didn't. It's really easy to deceive someone who doesn't want to see the truth.

Distant Worlds Fan

(in reply to Ranger5355)
Post #: 12
RE: OT Star Wars? - 10/6/2012 5:46:46 PM   
Gräfin Zeppelin

The way the Jedi were portrayed ....uh...."wise" aint the right word.....dumb....really really dumb.

(in reply to Shark7)
Post #: 13
RE: OT Star Wars? - 10/6/2012 5:58:02 PM   
Shark7

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gräfin Zeppelin

The way the Jedi were portrayed ....uh...."wise" aint the right word.....dumb....really really dumb.

I think 'arrogant' is the more accurate term. The pride before the fall, if you will.

Distant Worlds Fan

Post #: 14
RE: OT Star Wars? - 10/6/2012 6:00:43 PM   
Gräfin Zeppelin

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shark7

quote:

I think 'arrogant' is the more accurate term. The pride before the fall, if you will.

Oh arrogant...I would have loved arrogant Jedis and a sneaky Plapatine but noooooo, they were simply so dumb that Jar Jar Binks could have formed the Empire.

(in reply to Shark7)
Post #: 15
RE: OT Star Wars? - 10/6/2012 6:03:20 PM   
Shark7

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shark7

quote:

Oh arrogant...I would have loved arrogant Jedis and a sneaky Plapatine but noooooo, they were simply so dumb that Jar Jar Binks could have formed the Empire.

Maybe Jar Jar did mastermind the whole thing. He certainly could annoy people to death.

Distant Worlds Fan

Post #: 16
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> OT Star Wars? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI