Matrix Games Forums

Battle Academy 2 Out now!Legions of Steel ready for betaBattle Academy 2 gets trailers and Steam page!Deal of the Week Germany at WarSlitherine Group acquires Shenandoah StudioNew information and screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Pride of NationsTo End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers requiredPandora: Eclipse of Nashira gets release date
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Free setup and supply

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue >> Free setup and supply Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Free setup and supply - 10/3/2012 7:28:51 PM   
Isokron

In my last game my opponent and I agreed to do free setup but restrict us to the airforces. One thing I noticed from this was that it made the units start using supply directly at turn1. This mostly affects the soviets and have two bad consequences.
1) Normally Stavka only have to supply ships on turn1 and can thus build up a stockpile of supply which will last it about 5-10 turns, but with free setup this reserve cant be created and soviet units will thus have lower supply directly.
2) Any units surrounded on turn1 will run out of supply one turn faster.

So could we get the same behaviour with as without free setup ?

When doing this I also checked where supply was used and one major culprit I found was the soviet transport fleets. They use about 160 supply each while idling for a total of about a thousand per turn. So from now on I think I will just let them sit at sea so they cant draw supply until a few turns before I think they will be needed.
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue >> Free setup and supply Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI