Matrix Games Forums

To End All Wars: Artillery Battle Academy 2: Eastern Front - End of Early Access Space Program Manager unveils its multiplayer modes Another update for Commander: The Great War!Distant Worlds: Universe gets a new updateDeal of the Week: Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich Advanced Tactics Gold is coming to SteamMatrix Games now speaks German!A little bit of history with To End All WarsBattle Academy 2 gets a release date!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Advice on upgrading Japanese Industry

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Advice on upgrading Japanese Industry Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Advice on upgrading Japanese Industry - 10/3/2012 7:03:50 PM   
jzardos

Just trying to decide what I should be upgrading as the Japanese. Don't need to do any intense micro adjustments, but just wanted to get some opinions on what the Japanese play needs to think about in 42 when planning for the long haul. Seems like most of my industry sites have a decent amount of supplies, so not sure why I wouldn't want to upgrade everything I could? Means more production down the road? Is there a way to increase my mine production of the three types (or just 93 type)?

Thanks for all the quick responses, as far as forums go this one is turning out to be one of the best for very prompt helpful knowledge advice. Still a steeper learning curve for this game compared to others I have been playing recently (except for WitE). Reading the manual and did find a link with tutorial videos that I'm starting to go through: https://sites.google.com/site/n01487477/Home

Post #: 1
RE: Advice on upgrading Japanese Industry - 10/3/2012 8:10:35 PM   
Empire101

One Heavy Industry centre requires 20 resources and 2 fuel points a day to function.

It then produces 2 Heavy industry points and 2 supply.

Resources should not be too much of a problem with regular shipments from around the Empire, but fuel ( and its raw component oil ) can become a millstone round your neck if you increase Heavy Industry too quickly, in effect overheating your economy.

Remember that if you have alot of Heavy Industry in one hex, and just one Hvy Industry centre does'nt receive its required input of resources and fuel that day, then none of the Heavy Industry in that hex will produce anything. There are no half measures, its all or nothing, massive Heavy Industrial Centres are far more vunerable, than smaller sites.

Another problem to bear in mind is that as the Allies come back at you, these places with loads of Heavy Industry become prime targets for American and British bombers.So you want them in places that are not easy to get in range, and can be 'fed' constantly.

Scale your Heavy Industry Centres according to your needs and forward projections. My advice is not to do it all at once. Remember you will need a minimum of 10,000 supply points in each location to enable any expanded site to repair its expanded ( but damaged ) Heavy Industry.

Oh and don't expand and/or repair any Light Industry....its just not worth the cost.

< Message edited by Empire101 -- 10/3/2012 8:12:24 PM >

Our lives may be more boring than those who lived in apocalyptic times,
but being bored is greatly preferable to being prematurely dead because of some ideological fantasy.
- Michael Burleigh

(in reply to jzardos)
Post #: 2
RE: Advice on upgrading Japanese Industry - 10/3/2012 11:54:16 PM   
joey

I would not increase HI in Japan. Once you capture the SRA, increase HI there. That way you decrease you transport requirements to the southern area.

(in reply to Empire101)
Post #: 3
RE: Advice on upgrading Japanese Industry - 10/3/2012 11:57:59 PM   
CyrusSpitama

I round up a few HI in the Home Islands(to an even factor of 10), but otherwise all expansion is done in locations that have access to the needed supplies without having to ship to it. I learned this lesson on my very first attempt at playing. What a wreck of an economy by mid '43... haha I had expanded so much LI that it broke my back. I had not yet discovered tracker either... /wink

To clarify the lesson: Never expand LI, in fact, make sure all LI repair is turned off. Remember to turn off LI repair on each new base taken. Limited HI expansion and don't do so in the Home Islands because then you have to ship more 'stuff' to Home. Get Tracker!

< Message edited by CyrusSpitama -- 10/4/2012 12:02:10 AM >

"I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." - Arthur C. Clarke

(in reply to joey)
Post #: 4
RE: Advice on upgrading Japanese Industry - 10/4/2012 12:03:49 AM   
jzardos

Thanks for the tips. But what about increasing other factories? Like armaments, vehicles, planes, plane R&D. How can I get more naval mines produced?

Oh and sorry if this sounds naive but what does 'SRA' stand for?

Thanks

< Message edited by jzardos -- 10/4/2012 12:11:19 AM >

(in reply to CyrusSpitama)
Post #: 5
RE: Advice on upgrading Japanese Industry - 10/4/2012 12:26:07 AM   
CyrusSpitama

SRA= Southern Resource Area= Miri, Batavia et al.

Try these links for more minute and large details.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2878790&mpage=1&key=logistics%2C101%EF%BF%BD

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2287336

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2933397&mpage=1&key=

I do not believe it is possible to change the number of mines produced. Possible scenario editing maybe?

< Message edited by CyrusSpitama -- 10/4/2012 12:27:34 AM >

"I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." - Arthur C. Clarke

(in reply to jzardos)
Post #: 6
RE: Advice on upgrading Japanese Industry - 10/4/2012 1:10:29 AM   
joey

The key is to get areas far away from Mainland of Japan producing HI and supplies. That way Japan does not have to supply these locations and, thus reduces your transport costs. I do not think mines are as important as HI. You have to cut transport costs as Japan because oil is your major issue. You can't waste it.

Post #: 7
RE: Advice on upgrading Japanese Industry - 10/4/2012 1:19:27 AM   
Empire101

quote:

ORIGINAL: jzardos

Thanks for the tips. But what about increasing other factories? Like armaments, vehicles, planes, plane R&D. How can I get more naval mines produced?

Oh and sorry if this sounds naive but what does 'SRA' stand for?

Thanks

There are several AAR's running at the moment that give advice on the above. GreyJoys and Obverts immediately spring to mind, but there are many others.
Mike Solli's AAR's are also a mine of information on all things economical.

Personally Planes, and R&D are really decided by your style of play, and you really make the final call.

I like to build up my vehicle production to between 400-500, Keijo being one of the main candidates for expansion.

SRA stands for the 'Southern Resource Area', that is to say Java, Sumatra, Borneo and Malaya etc.

but being bored is greatly preferable to being prematurely dead because of some ideological fantasy.
- Michael Burleigh

(in reply to jzardos)
Post #: 8
RE: Advice on upgrading Japanese Industry - 10/4/2012 1:21:27 AM   
Empire101

Sorry Cyrus, I'd missed you had already answered the SRA question

- Michael Burleigh

(in reply to Empire101)
Post #: 9
RE: Advice on upgrading Japanese Industry - 10/4/2012 1:29:59 AM   
CyrusSpitama

No worries there Empire :)

I am such a rookie in these parts despite having the game nearly a year now. Anything I say should be taken with that in mind. This is why I say, I do this or do that. I try to avoid saying 'this is so' unless I am pretty gosh darned positive about it

(in reply to Empire101)
Post #: 10
RE: Advice on upgrading Japanese Industry - 10/4/2012 7:24:36 AM   
Liebestod

What is the benefit of increasing industry or production/research in one hex as opposed to spreading it around?

Post #: 11
RE: Advice on upgrading Japanese Industry - 10/4/2012 9:17:19 AM   
GreyJoy

quote:

ORIGINAL: jzardos

Just trying to decide what I should be upgrading as the Japanese. Don't need to do any intense micro adjustments, but just wanted to get some opinions on what the Japanese play needs to think about in 42 when planning for the long haul. Seems like most of my industry sites have a decent amount of supplies, so not sure why I wouldn't want to upgrade everything I could? Means more production down the road? Is there a way to increase my mine production of the three types (or just 93 type)?

Thanks for all the quick responses, as far as forums go this one is turning out to be one of the best for very prompt helpful knowledge advice. Still a steeper learning curve for this game compared to others I have been playing recently (except for WitE). Reading the manual and did find a link with tutorial videos that I'm starting to go through: https://sites.google.com/site/n01487477/Home

Depends a lot on which mod are you playing. In stock i'd say expand HI in Singapore, Georgetown, Sosarbaja and Batavia. Also HK and Shangai can be expanded pretty easily imho.
Remember that when you expand then you need supplies to repair...1000 supplies for every industry point to be repaired...so beware and do your math! :-)

Rise the vehicles production and stop some armaments factories (which aren't needed in those numbers).

But expand wisely and slowly...step by step...you have plenty of time

(in reply to jzardos)
Post #: 12
RE: Advice on upgrading Japanese Industry - 10/4/2012 10:47:47 AM   
Empire101

quote:

ORIGINAL: CyrusSpitama

No worries there Empire :)

I am such a rookie in these parts despite having the game nearly a year now. Anything I say should be taken with that in mind. This is why I say, I do this or do that. I try to avoid saying 'this is so' unless I am pretty gosh darned positive about it

Join the club!!
I've had UV, WitP, and AE, and I still consider myself a rookie!!

One of the great joys of AE is that I learn something new nearly every day, and this Forum has loads of helpful people to help you along the way.

- Michael Burleigh

Post #: 13
RE: Advice on upgrading Japanese Industry - 10/4/2012 11:23:18 AM   
Gräfin Zeppelin

Increase vehicle production to 250 at a minimum and then see how it works. 250 is a good base number methinks and certainly not overkill.

(in reply to Empire101)
Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Advice on upgrading Japanese Industry Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI