Matrix Games Forums

Battle Academy 2 is out now on iPad!A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold Ask Buzz Aldrin!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Where is the limit?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Advanced Tactics Support >> Where is the limit? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Where is the limit? - 10/3/2012 12:56:00 PM   
Jafele

I´m no sure if it´s a bug, but I´d like to know where is the limit to buy units from a distant city. An HQ (with 3 trains) is able to buy ANY unit from an assigned city from a distance of 50 hexes (connected by rail). The same happens with assigned factories. Using this trick transfers has no sense. Wouldn´t be more logical to limit buys to Rail/truck/naval Cap? Please Vic, take a look at this before AT Platinum be released.

Thanks

< Message edited by Jafele -- 10/3/2012 3:03:08 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Where is the limit? - 10/3/2012 4:02:23 PM   
Jafele

The same HQ received troops even when he left the road (using two trucks). IMO the solution to this issue: when an unit is bought in a city/factory it must appear in the city´s hex. A HQ MUST be in the city´s/factory´s (and be assigned) hex and then transfer the troops to other units. Just using the common transfer rules. If this issue is ignored, players will tend to assign HQs to distant cities when the time of an offensive comes. It´s cheaper (no fuel required), easier (no railcap cost) and by the way, tricky.

< Message edited by Jafele -- 10/3/2012 4:05:11 PM >

(in reply to Jafele)
Post #: 2
RE: Where is the limit? - 10/3/2012 7:54:55 PM   
Vic

hi,

rulevar(312) allows you to play with hardcore rule: production can only arrive in a HQ in the town it self.

it has been disabled by default to dont scare off player who dont like all the micromanagement this will bring.

best,
Vic

Victor Reijkersz Designs
www.vrdesigns.nl

(in reply to Jafele)
Post #: 3
RE: Where is the limit? - 10/3/2012 8:39:00 PM   
Jafele

Vic, how can I enable this rulebar? I´m not a native english speaker Is there any tutorial for it? It´s very important to me.

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 4
RE: Where is the limit? - 10/4/2012 3:15:07 PM   
Vic

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jafele

Vic, how can I enable this rulebar? I´m not a native english speaker Is there any tutorial for it? It´s very important to me.

After you setup the scenario. go to editor => settings => rulevars => look up the rulevar in the list and change it.

The AI is not affected by the rule, but human players are.

best,
Vic

Victor Reijkersz Designs
www.vrdesigns.nl

(in reply to Jafele)
Post #: 5
RE: Where is the limit? - 10/4/2012 4:05:39 PM   
Jafele

Thanks Vic! I´m going to start a new game with some friends using this rulevar.

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Advanced Tactics Support >> Where is the limit? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI