Matrix Games Forums

New information and screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Pride of NationsTo End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers requiredPandora: Eclipse of Nashira gets release dateCommunity impressions of To End All WarsAgeod's To End All Wars is now availableTo End All Wars is now available!Deal of the Week: Field of GloryTo End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Question: MLR - Multiple launch rockets

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Question: MLR - Multiple launch rockets Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Question: MLR - Multiple launch rockets - 10/3/2012 11:43:56 AM   
lion_of_judah

which is better to use - MLR units or regular artillery in bombardment role or is it better to use MLR units in attacks with other units instead of bombardment?

< Message edited by lion_of_judah -- 10/3/2012 11:44:36 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Question: MLR - Multiple launch rockets - 10/3/2012 1:22:07 PM   
Josh

No expert here but it was my impression that MLR systems are quite expensive and long distance, and the "regular" tubes are cheaper and much faster to use...quite deadly too. I see the MLRS more in a strategic role and the conventional Artillery in the classic role.

(in reply to lion_of_judah)
Post #: 2
RE: Question: MLR - Multiple launch rockets - 10/3/2012 2:27:02 PM   
Webizen

The MLR unit in ATG (only the Russian people group have them) is designed to be used in a ground attack role vice an artillery bombardment. They can be very effective in the ground attack role as they fire immediately before the other ground units attack, creating loss of readiness and of course causing causalities. Not only that, if you have enough of them they can even destroy fortifications. In one multiplayer game recently they were critical to my victory. I simply pounded my way through my opponent's defensive barrier causes him huge losses and destroying his fortifications. Preceded with a regular artillery bombardment and/or air attack, they are simply devastating! Don't waste your MLR units by using them in an artillery bombardment role prior to a ground attack. Send them in with the tanks and infantry.

quote:

ORIGINAL: lion_of_judah

which is better to use - MLR units or regular artillery in bombardment role or is it better to use MLR units in attacks with other units instead of bombardment?

< Message edited by Webizen -- 10/3/2012 3:10:36 PM >

Tac2i

Post #: 3
RE: Question: MLR - Multiple launch rockets - 10/3/2012 2:36:44 PM   
lion_of_judah

thanks for the help. Now have one more question, I'm attempting to locate the sound effect for the Katuscha rockets but as of yet have only found one which costs, prefer free.... :)

(in reply to Webizen)
Post #: 4
RE: Question: MLR - Multiple launch rockets - 10/10/2012 9:21:54 AM   
lion_of_judah

while play testing my Arab spring scenario I had 3 MLR units with 20 units in each at level 2 and used them in a combined attack with infantry and tanks, also conducted airstrikes before and it did not seem to help much, now that said the defender was in a hill hex and so this could be the reason. Any suggestions or am I correct to assume that the hill hex provided the defenders with much needed cover from my barrage and assault!

< Message edited by lion_of_judah -- 10/10/2012 9:25:25 AM >

Post #: 5
RE: Question: MLR - Multiple launch rockets - 10/10/2012 7:07:17 PM   
Webizen

An enemy unit entrenched in a hills hex (low mountains) isn't easy to dislodge. Cut its supply or be prepared to pound it for several turns.

Tac2i

Post #: 6
RE: Question: MLR - Multiple launch rockets - 10/10/2012 7:52:32 PM   
Twotribes

Aren't Katyusha used up in the attack?

(in reply to Webizen)
Post #: 7
RE: Question: MLR - Multiple launch rockets - 10/11/2012 8:13:29 AM   
lion_of_judah

I think your correct webizen, will need a few more turns of pounding the hell out of that hex, thanks for the reply

(in reply to Twotribes)
Post #: 8
RE: Question: MLR - Multiple launch rockets - 10/13/2012 12:46:18 PM   
Madlok

Read this topic, especially Vic's post http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2808334

Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Question: MLR - Multiple launch rockets Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI