How to fix the AI in your scenarios-Step by Step Guide

John Tiller's Campaign Series exemplifies tactical war-gaming at its finest by bringing you the entire collection of TalonSoft's award-winning campaign series. Containing TalonSoft's West Front, East Front, and Rising Sun platoon-level combat series, as well as all of the official add-ons and expansion packs, the Matrix Edition allows players to dictate the events of World War II from the tumultuous beginning to its climatic conclusion. We are working together with original programmer John Tiller to bring you this updated edition.

Moderators: Jason Petho, Peter Fisla, asiaticus, dogovich

osiris_slith

How to fix the AI in your scenarios-Step by Step Guide

Post by osiris_slith »

HI All

This is a step by step guide for fixing the AI for your scenarios. Your going to need the OB editor in order for it to work

We will use a Russian Tank Brigade as a template:

Brigade Headquarters
1x Brigade Headquarters------>Replace with Divisional Level HQ
this is really important since the Brigade HQ supply range is too low and this causes many of the AI problems because AI units are constanly out of supply

3x Tank Battalions
1x Battlion Headquarters Unit----->Replace with Regimental Headquarters unit
Same reason as above. The battalion level supply range is too short for them to supply effectively.

1x Motor Rifle Battalions
1x Battlion Headquarters Unit----->Replace with Regimental Headquarters unit
Same reason as above. The battalion level supply range is too short for them to supply effectively

Map Size
I tried this out on a map 16 hexes wide and 24 hexes high and it worked just fine

Scenario Settings
1: Set the supply setting of the AI unit to 100%
2: Limit the number of objectives on your scenario to no more then 3-Seems the AI works better when it can focus on fewer objectives
3: I have not tried this with 2 or more brigades yet but I dont think it should be a problem
4: I have only done this with units that are on the map and not coming in as reinforcements.

Headquarter unit Set up
One of the reasons the AI is so screwed up is because the HQ units keep on moving around so the AI units which need supply cant get it so here's what you need to do

1: Brigade HQ (Divisional HQ unit) can cover the whole map so set it up right on the edge of the board or at least within 4 hexes of the edge
2: Tank & Motor Rifle Battalion HQs- Set them up about 4 hexes ahead of the Brigade HQ
3: FIX ALL of them so they cannot move and put them in good hiding spots

The AI will perform much better then usual and Ive been using it for my own scenarios and its nice to see it the AI work quite well

enjoy

PS-In the next patch the simply fix would be to increase the supply ranges of the HQ units to at least double of what it is now. You would still have to fix them in place but it would work

rene

wings7

RE: How to fix the AI in your scenarios-Step by Step Guide

Post by wings7 »

Good information, thank you for that!
Please come and join and befriend me at the great Steam portal! There are quite a few Matrix/Slitherine players on Steam! My member page: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197988402427
Warhorse

RE: How to fix the AI in your scenarios-Step by Step Guide

Post by Warhorse »

The values for those are in the main.pdt, but would need encrypted for the main.pdx!
Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

Return to “John Tiller's Campaign Series”