Matrix Games Forums

New Fronts are opening up for Commander: The Great WarCharacters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Deal of the Week: Combat Command Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer CorpsNew Strategy Titles Join the Family
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Question About paying PPs for restricted units

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Question About paying PPs for restricted units Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Question About paying PPs for restricted units - 10/1/2012 8:57:21 AM   
Miller

All Jap players move units from Manchuria into China, usually paying PPs to do so (a common HR). However.....do you change them to the China restricted command or to an unrestricted one like Southern area? I always do the latter, incase they are needed elsewhere later in the game. Does anyone think this is "gamey"?
Post #: 1
RE: Question About paying PPs for restricted units - 10/1/2012 9:32:13 AM   
Empire101

Some do some don't.

I think before a game you have to decide with your opponent.

I personally think once the game starts, the gloves come off, and because the game becomes ahistorical from turn 2, the Japanese player is under the gun, and should use his military assets as he sees fit within the framework of agreed HR's.
Some Allied players just want to play a 'documentary' of the Pacific War. Choose your opponent wisely!!

Good luck!!

Our lives may be more boring than those who lived in apocalyptic times,
but being bored is greatly preferable to being prematurely dead because of some ideological fantasy.
- Michael Burleigh

(in reply to Miller)
Post #: 2
RE: Question About paying PPs for restricted units - 10/1/2012 10:23:51 AM   
Puhis

quote:

ORIGINAL: Miller

All Jap players move units from Manchuria into China, usually paying PPs to do so (a common HR). However.....do you change them to the China restricted command or to an unrestricted one like Southern area? I always do the latter, incase they are needed elsewhere later in the game. Does anyone think this is "gamey"?

I do use Southern Area army, but usually my Manchuria units are not going into China.

It cost about 1700-1800 PPs to release one infantry division, I'm not going to pay that twice...

(in reply to Miller)
Post #: 3
RE: Question About paying PPs for restricted units - 10/1/2012 11:57:26 AM   
castor troy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Miller

wouldn't change it over into another restricted command, that would be insane. Just like I wouldn't change Southern Area Command units to China command if I would use them in China.

As the Allied I also don't change US Inf divisions to Australia command if I use them in Australia and I doubt that anyone would do so.

< Message edited by castor troy -- 10/1/2012 11:58:07 AM >

(in reply to Miller)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Question About paying PPs for restricted units Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI