Matrix Games Forums

Pandora: Eclipse of Nashira is now availableDistant Worlds Gets another updateHell is Approaching Deal of the Week Battle Academy Battle Academy 2 Out now!Legions of Steel ready for betaBattle Academy 2 gets trailers and Steam page!Deal of the Week Germany at WarSlitherine Group acquires Shenandoah StudioNew information and screenshots for Pike & Shot
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Questions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Scourge of War Series >> Questions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Questions - 9/30/2012 10:52:13 PM   
**budd**

I have some questions i hope some one can help with. I'll update this thread as i have more questions.

I'm playing as brigade commander.

1.Is there anyway to select multiple units, like say i want to have 2 of my regiments to move, advance, or whatever while holding the others back, or do i have order this by unit or do the whole brigade and stop the units i want to hold?

2.Is there anyway to send the same courier message to multiple units[select multiple units in courier screen] or will I have to compose the message twice?

3.Why can't I order single regiments into formations like double line or the like? Looks like only the commander has those buttons. Aren't there situations depending on the terrain where some regiments would be in line while others in double line?

The next 2 i'm kinda looking for advice on.

4. I've been ordered to advance toward an objective, but not engage in any major attack. I secured the objective and can see that the next objective has appeared. I have not received any orders to move out towards the next objective, will the orders come? Do i wait? I played another scenario where i was told to hold an objective, which i did and took a major defeat. I received no orders after the hold order.

5. How do you decide how you fit into the big picture when you have non specific orders. I find myself waiting for my fellow AI commanders to act to see where i fit. Seems like if i don't sometimes alot of troops end up bunched together trying to do the same thing. Does the AI respond to your moves?

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.
Post #: 1
RE: Questions - 10/1/2012 3:25:34 AM   
RebBugler

quote:

I'm playing as brigade commander.

1.Is there anyway to select multiple units, like say i want to have 2 of my regiments to move, advance, or whatever while holding the others back, or do i have order this by unit or do the whole brigade and stop the units i want to hold?

Use the detach command to separate regiments from CO control. Detach regiment on the brigade toolbar is a cool feature, it divides the brigade and creates a cloned CO to lead half the brigade.

< Message edited by RebBugler -- 10/1/2012 5:00:11 AM >

Designer - Scourge of War

(in reply to **budd**)
Post #: 2
RE: Questions - 10/1/2012 5:08:14 AM   
RebBugler

quote:

4. I've been ordered to advance toward an objective, but not engage in any major attack. I secured the objective and can see that the next objective has appeared. I have not received any orders to move out towards the next objective, will the orders come? Do i wait? I played another scenario where i was told to hold an objective, which i did and took a major defeat. I received no orders after the hold order.

5. How do you decide how you fit into the big picture when you have non specific orders. I find myself waiting for my fellow AI commanders to act to see where i fit. Seems like if i don't sometimes alot of troops end up bunched together trying to do the same thing. Does the AI respond to your moves?

4) Go after objectives as they appear...period.
5) There are many instances when it is advantageous to wait and let your friendly AI units help out. Still, this is a judgement call, plus, they will behave differently every time, so, no firm answer here.

(in reply to RebBugler)
Post #: 3
RE: Questions - 10/1/2012 5:08:21 PM   
MarchingThruGeorgia

quote:

2.Is there anyway to send the same courier message to multiple units[select multiple units in courier screen] or will I have to compose the message twice?

3.Why can't I order single regiments into formations like double line or the like? Looks like only the commander has those buttons. Aren't there situations depending on the terrain where some regiments would be in line while others in double line?

2. No

3. If the regiment is in your chain of command, then click on that regiment's flag and you will be able to control it. As an army commander, you have the potential to command every regiment in your army. If it is not in your chain of command, (e.g. different division), then there is nothing you can do with it.

Secession is futile.

(in reply to RebBugler)
Post #: 4
RE: Questions - 10/1/2012 5:27:34 PM   
**budd**

Thx for the replies and your patience. I'm having fun trying to figure it out, can't say that about every game.

(in reply to MarchingThruGeorgia)
Post #: 5
RE: Questions - 10/2/2012 1:33:59 AM   
**budd**

since commander attributes seem to be really important is there a file or are they listed anywhere i can print out? I looked thru the game's file system and the SOW database forum but failed to find anything. In this available in any form or fashion?

(in reply to **budd**)
Post #: 6
RE: Questions - 10/3/2012 6:56:47 AM   
RebBugler

Style: commander’s Style affects how likely he is to attack a nearby enemy. In order of increasing aggressiveness, the Style ratings are:
Frozen, Cautious, Defensive, Balanced, Bold, Daring, and Audacious.

This is all I could find, hope it helps.

(in reply to **budd**)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Scourge of War Series >> Questions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI