Matrix Games Forums

Characters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Deal of the Week: Combat Command Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer CorpsNew Strategy Titles Join the FamilyTablet Version of Qvadriga gets new patch
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Bomazz

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Bomazz Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Bomazz - 9/30/2012 2:20:07 PM   
Ketza

Dunno who this guy is on the forum but he is an amazing Soviet player that completely owns me when I play him as Axis.

/salute
Post #: 1
RE: Bomazz - 9/30/2012 6:19:00 PM   
Pelton

There is rumor of really good SHC player that is undefeated after 20+ games. Basicly like MT, easly holding Leningrad/Moscow and Rostov then completely crushes the German army during Blizzard, in Berlin by early 44.

I think we are finally starting to see some truely high skilled SHC players now.

With the .13 nerf making for massive SHC army by blizzard, it will become standard for massive GHC loses during blizzard as more and more lesser SHC player like myself coping the higher skilled players blizzard tactics.

Playing SHC is really kind of a cake walk compared to GHC side at this point.

All things being equal GHC can't:

1. take Leningrad or Moscow
2. inflict more then 2.5 million in loses on SHC
3. can't even threaten industry
4. gets steamrolled during blizzard even when retreating 2 to 3 hexes per turn(thats 30 to 40 hexes total)
5. game ends i early 44

Mybee thats him?

Beleive he doesn't talk english post ect.

.13 has completely unbalanced the game hugelly in SHC favor now all things being equal.

You have any screen shots or can you give use your throught on your game atleast?

What do you think of game balance now?

GHC
22 - 4 - 8

15 games ended in 41 (15-0-0)
7 games ended in 42 (5-0-2)
8 games ended in 43 (2-3-3)
4 games ended in 44 (0-1-3)

General Cheesefinder of WitW

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afmyypGyfng&list=PLrY4H4gWWBircAjo

(in reply to Ketza)
Post #: 2
RE: Bomazz - 9/30/2012 7:49:08 PM   
Ketza

I had 7 turns of screenshots but just deleted them. I saw no potential for the game I was totally bottled up by high CV Soviet units seemingly every where I went. The only industry I captured was the random HI left behind. Casualties by turn 8 were 1.5 million with an extended Lvow pocket and everything destroyed all along the front.

The only bright spot was Finland where I had broken the bottle neck this turn.

As a player he is a few rungs above me at least when I play Axis.

As far as the game in general I find playing the Axis frustrating and playing the Soviets fun as hell.

Maybe that is how its supposed to be!

(in reply to Pelton)
Post #: 3
RE: Bomazz - 9/30/2012 10:25:33 PM   
sillyflower

His losses are far too high for him to be Michael T's pseudonym.

As I've said before, game balance is probably impossible to get at every level of expertise assuming equal opponents, but I think Pelton's track record means at high level game is not as pro-Russian as he alleges

< Message edited by sillyflower -- 9/30/2012 10:28:49 PM >

web exchange

Post: I am always fearful that when I put this game down on the table and people see the box-art they will think I am some kind of neo-Nazi

Reply: They already know you're a gamer. What other shame can possibly compare?

(in reply to Ketza)
Post #: 4
RE: Bomazz - 9/30/2012 10:42:54 PM   
Ketza

Well its 1.5 million by turn 7 considering nothing escaped the border due to an extended Lvov pocket.

That means around 500k over 5 turns averaging 100k a turn. No way that is a casualty rate the Axis could be happy with.

(in reply to sillyflower)
Post #: 5
RE: Bomazz - 10/1/2012 1:48:20 AM   
Pelton

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ketza

Well its 1.5 million by turn 7 considering nothing escaped the border due to an extended Lvov pocket.

That means around 500k over 5 turns averaging 100k a turn. No way that is a casualty rate the Axis could be happy with.

The truth is in only 1 of my 4 post .13 games have I gotten more then 3 million KIA by turn 17. I only lost 2.5 million in my very first SHC game-its a cake walk at this point. I am a total newbie SHC player and I can do it. Guys with 10+ games have to be a beast as MT is in our game. I still thk TDV is best yet I have played, but thats just me.

1. Most guys know to run in the south with a simple checker board turning refit off for the summer.
2.Then rail out the best units from south turns 1-3 to north, then rail out industry.
3. 4 to 5 fort belts around Moscow.
4. Leningrad wall- I have yet to figure this one out in my first game, but I have seen the light so to speak.

By the first blizzard turn SHC has a 5 million + army to spank some GHC ass even when they run 2 to 3 hexes per turn. Even a newb like me is having a blast doing it my first time.

I have also "seen the light" how to make this much much better next time around.

GHC
22 - 4 - 8

15 games ended in 41 (15-0-0)
7 games ended in 42 (5-0-2)
8 games ended in 43 (2-3-3)
4 games ended in 44 (0-1-3)

General Cheesefinder of WitW

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afmyypGyfng&list=PLrY4H4gWWBircAjo

(in reply to Ketza)
Post #: 6
RE: Bomazz - 10/1/2012 11:20:12 AM   
Scook_99

He is my best friend, and we have been wargaming since we were teens. What makes him good he doesn't have a set strategy and can adjust on the fly. He plays a pretty mean Axis also. I think he could compete with the "big boys" here and give them all good games.

Edit: For Pelton, maybe he is the one people hear about. I do fall back of 2-3 hexes during blizzard, and he gets in about 80ish attacks each turn, most successful. I consider myself lucky when he only wipes out about 15 German divisions during that stretch. I hate tank brigades, I most surely do, in the winter of 1941.

< Message edited by Scook_99 -- 10/1/2012 11:24:18 AM >

(in reply to Pelton)
Post #: 7
RE: Bomazz - 10/1/2012 11:34:05 AM   
Scook_99

Ketza, you just over-extend your tanks without proper flank support from the infantry. Think in terms of running a military operation with a high level of paranoia to security given to supply. You won't be blowing out there as far as normal, but you can catch him a bit if you keep the infantry on the heels of the tanks. We almost always play to the thought of operations and supply, no matter what the game is. Oh, and play unexpected for what you normally do at times, play the person, not the game :)

That is all......

(in reply to Scook_99)
Post #: 8
RE: Bomazz - 10/1/2012 3:56:51 PM   
Ketza

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scook_99

Ketza, you just over-extend your tanks without proper flank support from the infantry. Think in terms of running a military operation with a high level of paranoia to security given to supply. You won't be blowing out there as far as normal, but you can catch him a bit if you keep the infantry on the heels of the tanks. We almost always play to the thought of operations and supply, no matter what the game is. Oh, and play unexpected for what you normally do at times, play the person, not the game :)

That is all......

I kind of disagree with your analysis as for the most part my Panzers were fueled and were rarely deep in "the weeds". What I found most interesting with his style of play was the Cvs of his formations across the board. He was strong everywhere. I even switched it up a bit turn four and advanced along a broader front to find a weak spot.

Eventually I did squeak past Pskov and a bit north across the Dneiper above Kiev but the writing was on the wall that the campaign was going to follow the usual path when you face a strong Soviet.

I am going to experiment with ways to switch things up As Axis as well as work on my Soviet play to try and produce the same results he does with fielding a rather competent Soviet army earlier in the game then usual.

TY for the reply.

< Message edited by Ketza -- 10/1/2012 3:58:10 PM >

(in reply to Scook_99)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Bomazz Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI