Matrix Games Forums

Happy Easter!Battle Academy is now available on SteamPlayers compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and SaluteLegends of War goes on sale!Piercing Fortress Europa Gets UpdatedBattle Academy Mega Pack is now availableClose Combat: Gateway to Caen Teaser Trailer
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Bomburs GD Mod

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Mods and Scenarios >> RE: Bomburs GD Mod Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Bomburs GD Mod - 11/18/2012 3:05:08 AM   
Jeffrey H.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bombur

I could, maybe, upgrade this scenario by removing regimes, going back to 14 players. It also could be possible to increase units cost.

I don't think the number of regimes is a problem, most of them are so small that they take just a few seconds to process. The big ones were the US and GB, those took the most time.

Again, I think the movement rates and the timescale are off. I think engineers are underpowered in terms of engineering points per unit.

The unit costs and sft build costs should go up considerably, as long as the AI actually has to pay them. I suspect the problem is that the AI gets free stuff so much it blows up the unit count and craters the game.

"Games lubricate the body and the mind" Ben Franklin.

(in reply to Bombur)
Post #: 61
RE: Bomburs GD Mod - 11/18/2012 1:16:32 PM   
Bombur

Yes, but it´s possible that the number of possible interactions with other regimes is driving the Big countries AI crazy.

(in reply to Jeffrey H.)
Post #: 62
RE: Bomburs GD Mod - 11/19/2012 5:39:36 AM   
Jeffrey H.

Yes, it could be that, the game didn't literally crash, it just locked up or appeared to lock up. I could have let it go for a few more days but it truly seemed to be locked as opposed to just grinding through something.

(in reply to Bombur)
Post #: 63
RE: Bomburs GD Mod - 2/3/2013 9:11:58 PM   
Bombur

I made an experimental version of GD 1900 mod, returning the number of regimes to 14. If this version works well, I will rework the tech tree in order to improve gameplay. Is anyone interested in this new version?

(in reply to Jeffrey H.)
Post #: 64
RE: Bomburs GD Mod - 2/3/2013 9:20:19 PM   
Jafele

Yes I am really interested. GD 1900 is a my favourite ATG scenario .

(in reply to Bombur)
Post #: 65
RE: Bomburs GD Mod - 2/5/2013 7:57:57 PM   
Jeffrey H.

Hopefully it's obvious that I am also interested. What sort of improvements did you have in mind ?

(in reply to Jafele)
Post #: 66
RE: Bomburs GD Mod - 2/6/2013 11:37:27 PM   
Bombur

This version is an experimental one, and will only decrease number of regimes to 14. If this results in stable gameplay, then next step would be to rework the tech tree, and adding events to allow the AI to make research, maybe adding naval units to AI regimes too. I´m thinking in a more complex tech tree, allowing players to pursue different strategies, while the AI would be given the techs in their historical year.But I´m also willing to know what the GD fans want....

(in reply to Jeffrey H.)
Post #: 67
RE: Bomburs GD Mod - 2/7/2013 8:40:16 PM   
Jeffrey H.

Well, I really like the tech bleed feature, and I also like the city upgrade feature. I think engineers are underpowered and I don't feel the time scale and movement rates are all that realistic. I feel that the unit cost to construct should be a lot higher. At least I do so in the hope that the AI will have to pay for it because it goes absolutely ape sh*t building shell units by the tens of thousands.

On this scale I'm not sure what an SFT represents, so many 1000's of soldiers per sft point etc. But the cost to effectiveness ratio's seem a bit off somewhere.

I would hope that the nation limit eliminates problems I had with the mod, or at least delays them until I can smash some of the stronger regimes down a bit. Assuming I do that is..

(in reply to Bombur)
Post #: 68
RE: Bomburs GD Mod - 2/7/2013 8:41:35 PM   
Jeffrey H.

The next game I play of this I am going to be GB that way I can eliminate the 10,000 cargo ship unit problem that I suspect is at the heart of the problems with the game locking up.

(in reply to Jeffrey H.)
Post #: 69
RE: Bomburs GD Mod - 2/10/2013 12:30:16 AM   
Bombur

Unit scale is
1 Infantry SFT=20 infantry squads
1 Machinegun or AT item SFT= 20 units of this equipment
1 vehicle or aircraft SFT=20 vehicles or aircraft
1 Ship=1 ship
1 Artilley SFT= 20 guns

(in reply to Jeffrey H.)
Post #: 70
RE: Bomburs GD Mod - 2/10/2013 3:49:17 AM   
danlongman

quote:

I made an experimental version of GD 1900 mod, returning the number of regimes to 14. If this version works well, I will rework the tech tree in order to improve gameplay. Is anyone interested in this new version?

I am most interested in a new or just a usable version. The Bombur Mod 1900 was my favourite.
With resources. Please, oh Great Bombur .

"Patriotism: Your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it." - George Bernard Shaw

(in reply to Bombur)
Post #: 71
RE: Bomburs GD Mod - 2/10/2013 2:59:43 PM   
Bombur

You mean the expanded resources mod, which allows you to transport resources?

(in reply to danlongman)
Post #: 72
RE: Bomburs GD Mod - 2/10/2013 5:05:04 PM   
danlongman

I just loved the look and feel of the 1900 mod. 1900 is such a good start right before flight and the mass employment of MG's.
Resources are important for me in random games as it adds a whole level to the geography but I realise it is very hard
or maybe not possible for the AI. I just liked a lot about that mod, the plethora of units and the cool graphics.
When technology is made very expensive the spending of PP's is an agonizing process. You want better infantry but the money!!!

"Patriotism: Your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it." - George Bernard Shaw

(in reply to Bombur)
Post #: 73
RE: Bomburs GD Mod - 2/14/2013 12:21:32 AM   
Bombur

I´m currently improving Bombur mod for Global domination. If the whole thing worls well, it will be possible to revert-engineer the mod creating a second random mod 1900....But, as far as random games are of concern, I´m more interested in the Bombur mod 1930. I think it will result in better gameplay with all these custom units.

(in reply to danlongman)
Post #: 74
RE: Bomburs GD Mod - 2/14/2013 1:02:01 AM   
danlongman

I will gratefully take whatever you produce and thank you very much for it. My only complaint was that in a random game
(which i play exclusively) I get too many resources in the pile at the start and do not have to work for them.
Thank you.

(in reply to Bombur)
Post #: 75
RE: Bomburs GD Mod - 2/15/2013 12:49:54 AM   
Jeffrey H.

quote:

I´m currently improving Bombur mod for Global domination. If the whole thing worls well, it will be possible to revert-engineer the mod creating a second random mod 1900....But, as far as random games are of concern, I´m more interested in the Bombur mod 1930. I think it will result in better gameplay with all these custom units.

I'm liking the looks of the 1930 mod, haven't had the time to try it yet, too many things to do. But, I'll get around to it.

(in reply to Bombur)
Post #: 76
RE: Bomburs GD Mod - 2/20/2013 12:51:24 AM   
danlongman

I like the way the 1930 mod looks too.
Can somebody tell me how to adjust the (in my opinion) overabundance of resources?
I do not know how to do much with the editor.

(in reply to Jeffrey H.)
Post #: 77
RE: Bomburs GD Mod - 2/20/2013 10:50:07 AM   
ernieschwitz

I would guess you just toned down the number of production points that each location had, that produces resources. Either that or you change the cost (in production points) of each resource type...

(in reply to danlongman)
Post #: 78
RE: Bomburs GD Mod - 2/20/2013 4:37:35 PM   
danlongman

The way it works now, in a random game, you start with plenty of oil and ore and then get something like 2000 of each per turn regardless
of what you own or build up rendering the resource situation meaningless. I would change that if I knew how. I know there are AI issues
but the old resource mod where resources had to be connected and developed added much to the game for me. I like that geographic dimension.
That is why I would like to see farms and lumbering and other economic things. It is not for everybody and I know that.

(in reply to ernieschwitz)
Post #: 79
RE: Bomburs GD Mod - 2/20/2013 4:43:43 PM   
ernieschwitz

Hmmm...

It sounds like an even easier fix. I might look into what is required. But no promises...

(in reply to danlongman)
Post #: 80
RE: Bomburs GD Mod - 2/20/2013 5:18:03 PM   
danlongman

I am just saying what I like. Not demanding changes forced on everybody else. Some people do not care to imagine
where resources come from or want to develop them. It is just part of my fun. I like seizing oilfields and rich mining areas
and building roads/rails to the same.

Post #: 81
RE: Bomburs GD Mod - 2/20/2013 6:57:18 PM   
ernieschwitz

Im quite sure that bombur can figure out how to add resources to a mod, that are produced by locations. I think its just a matter of time before he does so. :)

(in reply to danlongman)
Post #: 82
RE: Bomburs GD Mod - 2/20/2013 9:17:30 PM   
danlongman

Bombur is my hero.

Post #: 83
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Mods and Scenarios >> RE: Bomburs GD Mod Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI