Matrix Games Forums

The Matrix Holiday sales are starting today! Warhammer - Weapons of WarFlashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm gets huge update and a Steam release!Battle Academy 2 opens up a new front!Flashpoint Campaigns Featured on weekly Streaming SessionFrontline: The Longest Day - New Screenshots!Deal of the Week: Hannibal Rome and CarthageFlashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm gets Players Edition!To End All Wars gets its first major patch! Hell is now available!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Question for owners

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Alea Jacta Est Series >> Question for owners Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Question for owners - 9/29/2012 4:16:19 PM   
ricroma

Hi everybody!

i was really looking forward to a game set n Roman age (and not a big fan of the Total War series). But I have a question before considering buy Alea Jacta Est: beside the combat part, is there also some sort of political simulation?
And in case, can you describe it shortly? I really think that any ancient Rome game should take particular care of the political aspects.

Thanks,

Ricroma
Post #: 1
RE: Question for owners - 9/29/2012 9:18:28 PM   
wodin

Plenty of events and decisions you can make using points you earn during the game that aren't anything todo with your Army but todo with the population and loyalty aswell as trying to take or destroy loyalty of the opponent. Infact I can see a three player game really getting political..all ooze Roman period and trigger events also happen aswell as Random ones..Again have no worries about it feeling like a Rome Wargame..it does. Even those Rome enthusiasts say so too.

I've seen things about spies..and assassinations and side changing etc going on through events and you also have plenty of decisions you can make as well. It seems to me more than any other AGEOD title it has far more non combat things todo and going on.

I'm not that good at explaining it all..

Edit to say it is alot harder on the head than Total War I feel..lets remember a big part to Total War is the battles where here it's automated so there is alot more concentration on strategic issues and decisions to make.

I say goto the AGEOD forum and read an AAR...

< Message edited by wodin -- 9/29/2012 9:20:42 PM >

My Tactical wargame facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/Tacticalwargame

(in reply to ricroma)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Alea Jacta Est Series >> Question for owners Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI