Matrix Games Forums

War in the West gets its first update!Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm version 2.08 is now available!Command gets huge update!Order of Battle: Pacific Featured on Weekly Streaming SessionA new fight for Battle Academy!Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager is out for Mac!The definitive wargame of the Western Front is out now! War in the West gets teaser trailer and Twitch Stream!New Preview AAR for War in the West!War in the West Manual preview
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

When a product takes this long..there's nothing for it but QUIZ time

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Coming Soon and In Development] >> Brother against Brother: The Drawing of the Sword >> When a product takes this long..there's nothing for it but QUIZ time Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
When a product takes this long..there's nothing for it ... - 9/28/2012 9:59:15 PM   
ezz

1. I was a Federal commander.
2, I served in the Mexican war
3. I was mighty fond of expeditions
Post #: 1
RE: When a product takes this long..there's nothing for... - 10/2/2012 7:23:38 PM   
Gil R.

Fremont? (I can't remember if he served in Mexico, but that will be my guess.)

Michael Jordan plays ball. Charles Manson kills people. I torment eager potential customers by not sharing screenshots of "Brother Against Brother." Everyone has a talent.

(in reply to ezz)
Post #: 2
RE: When a product takes this long..there's nothing for... - 10/2/2012 8:01:17 PM   
ezz

Got it in one.
Freemont 'the pathfinder' for his 1840 Mexico expeditions.

Another one. A bit harder.

Graduated last in his class from west point. His first roommate was Augustus H. Seward, son of William H. Seward.

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 3
RE: When a product takes this long..there's nothing for... - 10/3/2012 3:23:11 AM   
Stardog

Graduated last in his class from west point. His first roommate was Augustus H. Seward, son of William H. Seward.

Major General Henry "Harry" Heth, CSA

Diplomacy without arms is like music without instruments.

Frederick the Great

(in reply to ezz)
Post #: 4
RE: When a product takes this long..there's nothing for... - 10/3/2012 8:31:29 PM   
ezz

Stardog has it. And I thought that wasn't well known!

Its your turn to pose a question Stardog.

(in reply to Stardog)
Post #: 5
RE: When a product takes this long..there's nothing for... - 10/21/2012 5:55:04 PM   
ezz

The last confederate general

(in reply to ezz)
Post #: 6
RE: When a product takes this long..there's nothing for... - 10/29/2012 5:26:39 AM   
Gil R.

Well, I'm stumped, whether you mean the last one alive, or the last one still in command. I used to know both, in the heyday of the FOF Generals Bios Project.

Michael Jordan plays ball. Charles Manson kills people. I torment eager potential customers by not sharing screenshots of "Brother Against Brother." Everyone has a talent.

(in reply to ezz)
Post #: 7
RE: When a product takes this long..there's nothing for... - 10/29/2012 5:44:53 AM   
danlongman

All I can think of is Kirby Smith.

"Patriotism: Your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it." - George Bernard Shaw

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 8
RE: When a product takes this long..there's nothing for... - 11/2/2012 9:11:16 PM   
ezz

Just making it cryptic as the previous questions were breezed through.

"The last confederate general - alphabetically".

(in reply to danlongman)
Post #: 9
RE: When a product takes this long..there's nothing for... - 11/2/2012 11:27:06 PM   
nicwb

Zollicoffer ?

(in reply to ezz)
Post #: 10
RE: When a product takes this long..there's nothing for... - 11/4/2012 2:41:54 AM   
ezz

Felix Zollicoffer is the right answer. the last general in the alphabet but the first to be killed in the West having got himself on the wrong side of a river.

Your turn for a question Nicwb

(in reply to nicwb)
Post #: 11
RE: When a product takes this long..there's nothing for... - 11/4/2012 1:49:17 PM   
Gil R.

quote:

ORIGINAL: ezz

Felix Zollicoffer is the right answer. the last general in the alphabet but the first to be killed in the West having got himself on the wrong side of a river.

Your turn for a question Nicwb

Not just the wrong side of a river, but the wrong side of his fortifications at the edge (and high above) that river. In BAB mainly for kicks we're including a map of the Beech Grove defenses 10 miles south of the battlefield for those who want to play a "what if?" scenario. (Plus that lets us have a scenario for the Union's late attack on the encampment.)

(in reply to ezz)
Post #: 12
RE: When a product takes this long..there's nothing for... - 11/5/2012 7:07:04 AM   
nicwb

quote:

Not just the wrong side of a river, but the wrong side of his fortifications at the edge (and high above) that river.

You forgot also dreadfully nearsighted - poor old Felix !

OK - a question - who's reputed final (and unfortunate) last words were "They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance".

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 13
RE: When a product takes this long..there's nothing for... - 11/5/2012 3:20:35 PM   
JudgeDredd

Maybe I shouldn't have googled it - but John Sedgwick?

JudgeDredd
I AM the Law!

(in reply to nicwb)
Post #: 14
RE: When a product takes this long..there's nothing for... - 11/6/2012 7:07:55 AM   
nicwb

Well done JudgeDredd,

at the battle of the Wilderness - your turn !
(PS I had to check it too!)

(in reply to JudgeDredd)
Post #: 15
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Coming Soon and In Development] >> Brother against Brother: The Drawing of the Sword >> When a product takes this long..there's nothing for it but QUIZ time Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI