Yes, best that we don't provide anyone with a fair fight (Also referred to as concentration of force hehe). Sailing Guy should have concentrated his force on a single point, he would have caused me issues, as I know he can fight. The terrain on my East was amazing for defense.
I think soon we will be get hit with an 'unfair' fight, as in a few other games, they are starting to get mobility etc.
If I would sum of the main things I have learned from Mean they would be, I'm still learning how to use them...
1. Concentration of Force (I mean it, 80% production or MORE at one point) - Seriously, when it was done to me the first time, it scared the hell out of me.
2. Mobility (Use Cav, snip rail and harass)
3. Proper Staging (ie; Infantry in front of tanks, let them hit you, and then clean them up, drop a fort and use it as a PIVOT, do not use forts as LINE OBJECTS)
4. Strategic Reserve (The use of all players production to re-enforce a strategic critical site)
5. Ability to PULL BACK (So many players won't pull back to the next defensive line, this is a big one, hard to do for me as well, but SO CRITICAL - Cities really don't mean much if you have an army close)
6. Don't give up, I have learned more just sticking in for the horror, it sucked, but hey, if you think you have lost anyways, you can take BIG risks. I think most games end pre-mature, people feel that once they have lost the line, it's over, when you see it breaking, build an operational maneuver group behind it, let him force his way through and then smack.
7. Production (Yes, important for longer games, Shade is a pro at this, his calculations are excellent) - But all players being semi-equal in production skill, production is not as big as some think.
Anyways, I will get a post up next week to challenge someone vs me and you. Mean wants to fight us with Shade, we can do it if your up for a serious beating. It would be an exercise in willpower, and we will learn a lot. I will post it and leave it to fate maybe :-).