Matrix Games Forums

Warhammer - Weapons of WarFlashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm gets huge update and a Steam release!Battle Academy 2 opens up a new front!Flashpoint Campaigns Featured on weekly Streaming SessionFrontline: The Longest Day - New Screenshots!Deal of the Week: Hannibal Rome and CarthageFlashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm gets Players Edition!To End All Wars gets its first major patch! Hell is now available!War in the West Wacht am Rhein AAR
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

I killed Zhukov on 22.6.41, now what?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room >> I killed Zhukov on 22.6.41, now what? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
I killed Zhukov on 22.6.41, now what? - 9/27/2012 1:42:17 PM   
morvael

From the manual:

quote:

Though any headquarters unit can be relocated multiple times in a turn, relocation is generally only advised for isolated headquarters units you want to get out of a pocket immediately instead of waiting for the unit to be involuntarily displaced by enemy units.

Thanks for the tip, I killed Zhukov on turn 1 of my first ever PBEM. Will be interesting to see how the war goes without the man.

:)
Post #: 1
RE: I killed Zhukov on 22.6.41, now what? - 9/27/2012 3:30:27 PM   
turtlefang

I get the feeling - although I haven't run any test - that your leaders have a better chance to survive an involuntary displacement that a voluntary displacement. So I usually wait for the over run if I want to save a leader.

Note that I don't know if this is true, its just an impression I've gotten as it seems that I have lost a lot of voluntary displaced leaders. And this seems counter intuitive. I would have thought a voluntary would give you a better chance to live. But again, it maybe my bad luck.

In any case, good luck!!

(in reply to morvael)
Post #: 2
RE: I killed Zhukov on 22.6.41, now what? - 9/27/2012 3:49:40 PM   
morvael

Yes, that's my feeling too, there were no KIAs from many displacements, but 3 out of 4 relocations resulted in leader death. Also, quite interesting thing - the game engine managed to fly Zhukov into a pocketed HQ on the death of it's previous general to appoint him the army's leader and a moment later kill him during second relocation...

My fault is that I clicked relocate too fast upon seeing the HQ was still in bad position, while Zhukov was put in charge.

So I started this thread as a warning to other players.

(in reply to turtlefang)
Post #: 3
RE: I killed Zhukov on 22.6.41, now what? - 9/27/2012 9:08:35 PM   
Aurelian

If I have to displace one, I find some doofus to take command first.

(in reply to morvael)
Post #: 4
RE: I killed Zhukov on 22.6.41, now what? - 9/27/2012 10:47:15 PM   
turtlefang

I will have to remember that one - never even entered my mind.

Sneaky fellow there, Aurelian.

(in reply to Aurelian)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room >> I killed Zhukov on 22.6.41, now what? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI